Tesla - Time to Rock (New single)

whiplash1972

Tesla have released a new track titled "Time to Rock"  (Since this isn't really a video per se, I decided to drop it here in the hard rock forum)

• Like 1

New single pretty blah to me.  It's ok I guess but no desire to add that to a playlist or re-listen.

These guys feel like a band that's underachieved a bit to me with their new music in the past 20 years or so after starting off so well with their first 3-4 albums.  Yeah, there's been some good songs here and there but they just really haven't gotten near the quality of those early albums.

At least they've reverted back to something similar to Tesla soundwise...its ok...not bad...but if I need Tesla I've always got Mechanical Resonance , TGRC or Psychotic Supper to get me through  :)

• Like 1

Yeah, very average and a pretty average production too. As Lettard says, though, at least it's lost the Def Leppard sound and, I guess, sounds more like Tesla. Even if not a very good version of Tesla. :(

Now also the official video is out, recorded live in front of  large crowd in California.  This song seems to be a real grower. Was actually a bit disappointed after first 2 listens. But still played it few more times. And then it happened - when I was doing other things, without music, parts of song started playing in my head ;-). 

Edited by lecko

3 hours ago, lecko said:

As a few others mentioned, musically it isn't too far off from their early material, but the song itself doesn't do much for me unfortunately.   In watching the video it looks like they've got a new drummer.

• Like 1

Live performance 

Honestly, I didn't care for this much upon first listen, but with each play I find it ear worming it's way into my skull... :P

Troy announced he was taking time off from touring last year, so I'm assuming that's still Steve Brown (Wild Mick Brown's brother)  on drums...

Drummer Troy Luccketta to take time off the road and to be replaced by Steve Brown at Tesla shows - Sleaze Roxx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lecko said:

No problem, it gets there by itself. Could it be that we are missing  Teslamusicblock  filter installed  ;)

It's just ultra-poor. Poor musically, poor vocally, poor visually, and poor produced.

As Glen said, cliched garbage.

• Like 1

I quite like it, maybe im the only one... Classic Rock feel to it. Typical lead out single, but not a real Tesla sound to it. I am not concerned by the audio as it is only from YouTube. I also love a bit of talkbox action 🤟

• Like 1

4 hours ago, auslander said:

I quite like it, maybe im the only one... Classic Rock feel to it. Typical lead out single, but not a real Tesla sound to it. I am not concerned by the audio as it is only from YouTube. I also love a bit of talkbox action 🤟

and the lyrics tick tock time to rock don't make you cringe??

if it was 1986 and I was 16 it might have been just passable but now, no. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Glen said:

and the lyrics tick tock time to rock don't make you cringe??

if it was 1986 and I was 16 it might have been just passable but now, no. 

For party rock songs like this I don't care about the lyrics. Very few bands in this genre write deep lyrics. Actually if I wanted meaningful lyrics I wouldn't listen to hard rock at all. Hard rock is an escape, and a good time. That's all I need.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I don't. Hate it with a passion. Even that is so 1986. Retire Tesla please. You are an embarrassment now.

Disagree. I hope they keep going as long as they want to for the fans who still like them.  No one forces people who don't like them to listen. 

And talkbox rocks. What's wrong with sounding like 1986? I like 1986. Man, if every band sounded boring modern-rock like Shinedown, that would suck balls. Old school and outdated is fine by me.

2 hours ago, auslander said:

Disagree. I hope they keep going as long as they want to for the fans who still like them.  No one forces people who don't like them to listen. 

And talkbox rocks. What's wrong with sounding like 1986? I like 1986. Man, if every band sounded boring modern-rock like Shinedown, that would suck balls. Old school and outdated is fine by me.

Trust me, I am the biggest of Tesla fans. Watched their DVD 1,000 times. They were one of the best bands out there. I even loved Bust A Nut, considered their worst disc.

But this is rubbish that I'm embarrassed to call Tesla. Same as the last few albums. Simplicity and the Def Leppard album were just so bad. They miss Tommy Skeoch I think.

Edited by AlphaMale

time to rock, more like time to take a dump and record it, as that would be an improvement over this. 

talk box isn't a great instrument to start with but did they hire some homeless guy off the street to play it; because it sounds awful, like someone trying not to vomit during the lame chorus then projectile vomiting to begin the guitar solo.  

Edited by tobi is an animal
  • Haha 1

On 8/12/2022 at 3:11 AM, AlphaMale said:

Trust me, I am the biggest of Tesla fans. Watched their DVD 1,000 times. They were one of the best bands out there. I even loved Bust A Nut, considered their worst disc.

But this is rubbish that I'm embarrassed to call Tesla. Same as the last few albums. Simplicity and the Def Leppard album were just so bad. They miss Tommy Skeoch I think.

Ok. I can understand your thinking regarding one`s favorite bands. In my case it was  Bon Jovi. First album I ever bought was Slippery, liked NEw Jersey even better. Saw them live few times, but after 1995 only some good songs on each album but still bought albums,  since Richie left I cant stand their latest albums or even live. So from that scenario I see that I am not just following my favorite bands regardles what they put out.    

But in Tesla case I do stlll enjoy their releases, even those post 2010. A admit that Shock had some filler but also some of their best songs post 2000 like The Mission.   I do miss the heavier  element that Tommy brought. songs like  Dont de-rock me, Action talks.

On 8/12/2022 at 11:11 AM, AlphaMale said:

I'd be amazed if there's any Tesla fans anywhere that don't like 'Bust a nut.' Is this really considered one of their weaker albums?