Orianthi - Rock Candy

Stefan

From Frontiers:

Platinum-selling recording artist and world class guitarist, Orianthi has announced the upcoming release of her new studio album, "Rock Candy". The release follows 2020's studio album, “O”, which, at the time, was her first new studio album in seven years and her first new music as a solo artist in six years. 

Joining Orianthi on this release is the multi-talented Jacob Bunton, who produced the album. Additionally, he provides guitar, bass, keyboard, piano, and violin playing through the course of the album. Jacon Bunton is known in the rock world for his work with Steven Adler, amongst others, but he is an Emmy Award-winning composer, songwriter, producer, and multi-instrumentalist whose credits include Mariah Carey, Steven Tyler, Smokey Robinson, Akon, Pop Evil, and many more. 
Drummer Kyle Cunningham rounds out the line-up for "Rock Candy". 

Orianthi’s first major solo artist success, as a singer-songwriter and guitarist, was with the Geffen Records release of “According To You,” which is now RIAA-Certified Platinum® and has over 17 million streams on Spotify. Her music’s ability to transcend time and remain relevant cannot be more clear than it’s recent resurgence on TikTok. There are over 83 million views on the “According to You” hashtag making it a viral trend that is introducing Gen Z to Orianthi for the first time in a big way. Career-long fans are used to seeing their favorite world class guitarist playing arenas with rock royalty and global superstars like Michael Jackson, Carlos Santana, Carrie Underwood, Alice Cooper and more. The juxtaposition of her newly arrived online popularity and her lifelong pursuit of artistic credibility is the nebulous of this shining star. 

Tracklisting:
1. Illuminate (Part I)
2. Light It Up
3. Fire Together
4. Where Did Your Heart Go
5. Red Light
6. Void
7. Burning
8. Living Is Like Dying Without You
9. Witches & The Devil
10. Getting To Me
11. Illuminate (Part Ii)

Line-Up:
Orianthi Panagaris - Vocals, Guitars
Jacob Bunton - Bass, Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Violin, Backing Vocals
Kyle Cunningham - Drums

Edited by Stefan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Holy shit, how did she end up on Frontiers? 

She's an interesting one. I actually wish she'd just go back to her pop rock thing. The kind of stuff she's been releasing lately is probably okay for gaining street cred amongst fellow rock artists, but it is also sadly lacking any decent hooks. That said, I don't mind 'Where did your heart go.' 

The irony of this release is that it's probably the only Frontiers release ever to not feature ADV in overdoes amounts... yet I was actually listening to the album wishing she'd had an album written for her by him. 'Where did your heart go' is a very nice tune, and 'Living Is Like Dying Without You' is a nice ballad too. But the rest, I do not enjoy and would have taken some ADV by-the-numbers any day over what's on here. 

• 1 year later...

Well looks like she has left Frontiers going on this social media po

·
My single “first time blues” ft Joe Bonamassa will be out in February through Woodwardavenue records 🎞✌🏻🎸🕊 can’t wait for you all to hear it , I produced it and it was mixed by awesome Kevin Shirley recorded at robby Krieger’s studio

• 2023 Gold Donors
5 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

There is a post for Mick Mars.

Not sure an Oranthi topic is the place to discuss Jacob.

His name was mentioned in the press release. 

Considering some of the tangents we go on, I think it's a valid post.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Darkstone said:

His name was mentioned in the press release. 

Considering some of the tangents we go on, I think it's a valid post.

Ya thats why I said that, he was mentioned being on the album. Hes got a great voice.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

There is a post for Mick Mars.

Not sure an Oranthi topic is the place to discuss Jacob.

This place is half dead and your gonna get upset about me mentioning Jacob Bunton. Sorry I offended ya.......

10 hours ago, TheOriginalSplash said:

This place is half dead and your gonna get upset about me mentioning Jacob Bunton. Sorry I offended ya.......

Where was I upset or offended? Calm down dude you are the one coming across as upset and offended. Was just saying the Mick Mars thread is probably the best place to talk about him not an Oranthi thread. And you gonna take a pop at the board for being "half dead"? Then why are you here?

Was just trying to be helpful.

People get so sensitive over nothing. Jeez.

42 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Where was I upset or offended? Calm down dude you are the one coming across as upset and offended. Was just saying the Mick Mars thread is probably the best place to talk about him not an Oranthi thread. And you gonna take a pop at the board for being "half dead"? Then why are you here?

Was just trying to be helpful.

People get so sensitive over nothing. Jeez.

Nope I'm fine here.........

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, auslander said:

Mick Mars seems to get people arguing these days. Or is it Orianthi? She's a better looking reason.

She's def a better looking reason. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1