How to survive the inevitable CD revival

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah it has it's points, if it wasn't for the nimrod of a hack who wrote it making some moronic and sweeping  statements  throughout the piece I might have enjoyed it more.

"Many CD players took only one disc so you'd be frequently be swapping them out"...huh! Well kinda beats vinyl for sitting on your backside not having to move .

"If you knew someone who had every CD in the right jewel case, that was often a tell that this person doesn’t listen to their music enthusiastically or often enough (It’s possible they were just slightly organized, but where’s the fun in that)" - or they actually gave a shit about what they were listening to and took a little care when putting them away. Where's the fun in being organised? Where's the fun in scrambling through shed loads of CDs looking for the one you were after. 

"Maybe, you have a CD player unironically in your front room right now. We admire the dedication." - well woop dee f*cking doo, I'm honoured.

Edited by Nick C
  • Haha 1

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Nick C said:

Yeah it has it's points, if it wasn't for the nimrod of a hack who wrote it making some moronic and sweeping  statements  throughout the piece I might have enjoyed it more.

"Many CD players took only one disc so you'd be frequently be swapping them out"...huh! Well kinda beats vinyl for sitting on your backside not having to move .

"If you knew someone who had every CD in the right jewel case, that was often a tell that this person doesn’t listen to their music enthusiastically or often enough (It’s possible they were just slightly organized, but where’s the fun in that)" - or they actually gave a shit about what they were listening to and took a little care when putting them away. Where's the fun in being organised? Where's the fun in scrambling through shed loads of CDs looking for the one you were after. 

"Maybe, you have a CD player unironically in your front room right now. We admire the dedication." - well woop dee f*cking doo, I'm honoured.

Yeah, some of these fucks what write these articles are, well... fucks.

• My Little Pony

The article did send me down the rabbit hole of freezing CDs. Am I the only one who had never heard of this? Any of you ever try it?

8 hours ago, Nick C said:

The article did remind me of the times I sat down with a ton of cds and a shitload of rum and the next time I grabbed some of those cds they were all in the wrong cases...lol...that wouldn't have happened if my cd player took only 1 disc but it is a 6 disc carousel....I pay closer attention these days so it hasn't happened for years....:)

I remember I once bought a 60 stacker Sony carousel player in the late 90s. Then I convinced myself that hitting random and having 20 second gaps between tracks as different cds loaded was "awesome". :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

The article did send me down the rabbit hole of freezing CDs. Am I the only one who had never heard of this? Any of you ever try it?

I have never heard of it and scared of trying it. I do actually have 2 exact same copies of a few albums so I will experiment this weekend and let you know. It's too intriguing not to try...

• My Little Pony
8 hours ago, auslander said:

I remember I once bought a 60 stacker Sony carousel player in the late 90s. Then I convinced myself that hitting random and having 20 second gaps between tracks as different cds loaded was "awesome". :rolleyes:

I've never seen one of those in action, but that's hilarious. 

9 hours ago, auslander said:

LOL.

I used to have one of those 12 disc CD changers in the back of my car and remember thinking how awesome that was on random.  Same thing....CD's would take like 30 seconds to load and settle on a song.  And bumps would always cause skips.

Spotify definitely accomplishes the same thing much easier today ;)

Edited by tts42572