Ozzy Osbourne - Patient Number 9 (September 2022)

whiplash1972

Screen-Shot-2022-06-24-at-10.56.13-AM-e1

Patient Number 9 is Ozzy Osbourne’s 13th solo studio album and a continuation from 2020’s top 5 release Ordinary Man, once again produced by Andrew Watt. This 13-track project has the most legendary guests ever on an Ozzy Osbourne release. Three tracks alone – “Patient Number 9”, “Degradation Rules”, and “One Of Those Days” – feature Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, and Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) respectively, not to mention Mike McCready (Pearl Jam), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Duff McKagan (Guns N’ Roses), Robert Trujillo (Metallica), Zakk Wylde (Ozzy’s longstanding guitarist from the late 80’s) as well as the late Taylor Hawkins among others.

Tracklist:

1. Immortal (feat. Mike McCready)
  2. Patient Number 9 (feat. Jeff Beck)
  3. Parasite (feat. Zakk Wylde)
  4. No Escape From Now (feat. Tony Iommi)
  5. One of Those Days (feat. Eric Clapton)
  6. A Thousand Shades (feat. Jeff Beck)
  7. Mr. Darkness (feat. Zakk Wylde)
  8. Nothing Feels Right (feat. Zakk Wylde)
  9. Evil Shuffle (feat. Zakk Wylde)
  10. Degradation Rules (feat. Tony Iommi)
  11. Dead and Gone
  12. God Only Knows
  13. DARKSIDE BLUES

Ozzy Osbourne - Patient Number 9 Digital Album Download | Shop the Ozzy Osbourne Music Official Store (musictoday.com)

• 4 weeks later...

New song “Degradation Rules”

• 1 month later...

Got this on pre-order from Ozzy's site, so hopefully should arrive sometime this week/ early next week. Really liked the last album as I have said before, so looking forward to this one too

• Like 2

All tunes from Patient Number 9 are now up

I've given this one 3 full listens, and my initial thought is that I like 2020's "Ordinary Man" better, BUT, this one has some damn good stuff on it as well. The title track, Immortal, Parasite, One of Those Days, and Degradation Rules are my faves so far. :banger: 

Here's mister Snyder's take on Patient Number 9:

• Like 1

I actually quite liked the last album and thought it had some really good tracks on it, although far from his best. The new one is better, more consistent with some nice guests featured. Ozzy's auto tuned to death these days, but god bless him, at 73, he's still going and putting out music, some of good quality

• Like 3

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 9/13/2022 at 6:28 AM, Jez said:

I actually quite liked the last album and thought it had some really good tracks on it, although far from his best. The new one is better, more consistent with some nice guests featured. Ozzy's auto tuned to death these days, but god bless him, at 73, he's still going and putting out music, some of good quality

I thought Ordinary Man was his best since Ozzmosis.I should be getting the new one soon (that's what Amazon says ).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nyoilers said:

I thought Ordinary Man was his best since Ozzmosis.I should be getting the new one soon (that's what Amazon says ).

If you liked the last one you'll love this. It gets better and better with each spin and really has turned out to be one of the best surprises i've heard this year. Strong songs, outstanding playing from all involved and just generally a hell of  good album

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ordinary man was a fantastic album only let down by that horrible collaboration with Post Malone (It's a raid). The second collab with him which I think was a bonus track (Take what you want) or something was not as bad, but still weak compared to the rest of the album. The collab with Elton John though was how collabs should work.

Gonna pick the new one up soon. Just too much going on right now.

• whiplash1972 changed the title to Ozzy Osbourne - Patient Number 9 (September 2022)

From BraveWords: 

OZZY OSBOURNE Earns Biggest Global Chart Entries In His Six-Decade Career With Patient Number 9 Album - BraveWords

63249985-ozzy-osbourne-launches-a-look-i

Ozzy Osbourne has topped his previous chart entries with record-breaking numbers around the world for his critically acclaimed new album Patient Number 9.

Released September 9 and marking Ozzy’s 13th solo studio album, it triumphantly sets new career highs for Ozzy. In the US, the album debuted at #1 on multiple charts: Top Album Sales (Ozzy’s first #1 ever on this chart), Top Current Album Sales (another first), Top Rock & Alternative Albums, Top Rock Albums, Top Hard Rock Albums, Top Vinyl Albums and Tastemaker Albums charts; and at #3 on the Billboard Top 200 albums chart. Globally, the album charted at #1 in Canada (Ozzy’s first-ever #1 there); career high #2 entries in the UK, Australia, Finland and Italy; #6 in the Netherlands and New Zealand; #8 in Belgium; and #14 France. Other highlights include #2 Austria, Germany and Sweden; #3 in Switzerland; and #4 in Norway.

ozglobalchart922.jpeg

Ozzy is providing an inside look into the making of the album with a three-clip video series featuring interviews and in-studio clips with some of featured performers. Watch the first episode below:

Produced by Andrew Watt, Patient Number 9 marks Ozzy’s 13th solo studio album. It’s heavy, it’s hard-hitting, it’s historic - it’s everything you’d want from an Ozzy record and maybe more. Working with producer Watt for the second time, Ozzy welcomed a dynamic A-list featured guests. For the first time ever, Black Sabbath co-founder, guitarist, and riff-master Tony Iommi appears on an Ozzy solo album.

The record also boasts guitarists Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Mike McCready of Pearl Jam, and longstanding righthand man and six-string beast Zakk Wylde who plays on the majority of the tracks. For the bulk of the album, Chad Smith of Red Hot Chili Peppers held down drums, while the late Taylor Hawkins of Foo Fighters appears on three songs. Old friend and one-time Ozzy band member Robert Trujillo of Metallica plays bass on most of the album’s tracks, with Duff McKagan of Guns N’ Roses and Chris Chaney supplying bass on a few songs.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...