Mad Max - Wings Of Time

Stefan

New album 'Wings Of Time' out September 2 through Rock Of Angels Records.

Press release:

It all began in the year 1982 when the “New Wave Of British Heavy Metal” stormed in from Great Britain all over Europe. This was the starting point for the passionate and young german band from Muenster. Heavy Metal music was the rule and sending the first demos ever to the recently founded record company “Roadrunner Records” in Amsterdam made them become one of their first signings. MAD MAX were in good company with future megastars like METALLICA and KING DIAMOND. The deal ran over 3 albums and suddenly the band started touring intensively with legends like DEEP PURPLE, ALICE COOPER, URIAH HEEP, STRYPER, NIGHTWING, AXEL RUDI PELL, PRETTY MAIDS and many more. Also the huge festivals like “ROCKLAHOMA” in the USA, “SWEDEN ROCK”, “ROCK OF AGES”, “BANG YOUR HEAD” and even the world famous “WACKEN” booked the band for festival appearances. Furthermore MAD MAX toured the trendy clubs in the big cities of Brazil and Spain as headliner. Bandfounder and guitar player Jürgen Breforth and drummer Axel Kruse are more than delighted to celebrate the MAD MAX 40th anniversary in 2022. With the 27 year old Emmo Acar on lead vocals MAD MAX is presenting a real “rising star” fronting the band. In Germany Emmo is very well known for his appearance in the TV show “THE VOICE OF GERMANY”, where he won the audience award for  the best audition with his version of the VAN HALEN classic “I Can’t Stop Loving You”. Guitar virtuoso Doc Heyne on lead guitar and Fabian “Fabs” Ranft on bass are completing the new line-up of the band. A worldwide new record deal for several albums was inked with the greek label “ROCK OF ANGELS RECORDS”. With this international partner the new MAD MAX studio album will be released worldwide. For those about to rock everything is ready for the 40th anniversary of the band.

Tracks:
Too Hot To Handle
Days Of Passion
A Woman Like That
Best Part Of Me
Rock Solid
The Stage Is For You
When It Stops
Stormchild Rising
Heroes Never Die
Miss Sacrifice
Freedom

Members:
Julian Rolinger – Lead & Backing Vocals
Juergen Breforth – Guitars, Backing Vocals
Axel Kruse – Drums, still no vocals
Fabian “Fabs” Ranft – Bass, Backing Vocals

Edited by Stefan

Great album title!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do we not find it noteworthy that Michael Voss is no longer a part of this band? I was listening to a song from this and I was all like, wow, that's actually pretty good. Heard a few songs now and this sounds like it's going to be a pretty decent melodic rock album. I couldn't get my head around the fact that Voss was not the vocalist, though. I thought the first song I heard must be a guest singer, but no, appears as though he's gone. Is there a story to that?

Anyway, who'd have thought that Voss - one of my favourite artists out of the 80's/early 90's was what was holding this band back. They sound fresh, new vocalist is good and it's a nice brand of melodic rock. Much better than the admittedly, sadly, very stale last few decades worth of Mad Max albums. 

• 1 month later...