Rockstar, Celebrities, and Pro Athletes - Their Politics & Opinions

T-BONE

Does anyone even give 2 shits and a squirt what these people's opinions are on anything?

Why do so many of them use their "status" as a soap box to continously mouth off and spout their politics and views on everything?

Has your opinion about them changed because of their constant bullshit spewing in the news or social media? Actors you refuse to watch their movies anymore? Musicians you'll no longer listen to? Sports you gave up watching?

• T-BONE changed the title to Rockstar, Celebrities, and Pro Athletes - Their Politics & Opinions
  • My Little Pony

I want to say my opinion of them isn't affected, but obviously it is.

Everyone is entitled to their own unique opinions, and should have the freedom to express those opinions. Even if I disagree with them. Especially if I disagree with them. But being a celebrity doesn't make your opinions more important than anyone else's. And I think that's the part that infuriates me the most: celebrities have an unfair advantage, because they have a platform to espouse their views, a platform none of us have. That shouldn't give any weight to what they have to say, but it unfortunately does. 

Everyone has a right to their opinions but Karpet is right that they have a platform that most people do not have and many of them do not hesitate to use that platform to push their idiotic views which is irritating. But I really don't give a shit what these people have to say as their opinions are no more valid than my own. I have always judged music, film and sports on their own merits and nothing said by those involved will ever change my feelings as long as they are not promoting hate and violence.....

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 5/25/2022 at 1:10 AM, T-BONE said:

Has your opinion about them changed because of their constant bullshit spewing in the news or social media? Actors you refuse to watch their movies anymore? Musicians you'll no longer listen to? Sports you gave up watching?

No.Good music is good music whether I agree with anyone's political views.Same with actors  and sports figures.