Great album runs of 5 or more in a row

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 5/19/2022 at 4:07 AM, whiplash1972 said:

Van Halen: 1984, 5150, OU812, FUCK, Balance (it took me a while to appreciate how good Balance really is)

Yeah, that's a strong 5.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 5/16/2022 at 10:15 PM, Geoff said:

Bon Jovi actually have six, from s/t to These Days. That's pretty impressive. 

That's probably the best example of all bands mentioned in this thread.

Surely, even Glen must agree with this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Darkstone said:

You're not new enough around here to be so ignorant. Gleonard is never obliged to agree with anyone. ;}

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Darkstone said:

kind of. 7800 was a tad disappointing after the amazing debut 

• Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors
17 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

You're not new enough around here to be so ignorant. Gleonard is never obliged to agree with anyone. ;}

Never underestimate my ignorance. 

Man, it's hard to come up with a list. I'm not nearly as well-listened as you guys. I'm going through my favourite bands right now, and I don't think any of them has 5 great albums in a row: Megadeth, Tourniquet, Kansas, Vengeance Rising, Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Joe Satriani, Theocracy. As noted above, alot of these bands could make a hellova Hits album, but not 5 in a row!

Megadeath, maybe four: Rust in Peace > Cryptic Writings

Tourniquet, maybe four: Stop the Bleeding > Vanishing Lessons

Dream Theater, maybe 3: Metropolis, Pt. 2 > Train of Thought

I think Theocracy is on its way. Mirror of Souls, As The World Bleeds, and Ghost Ship are incredible. But they're still 2 shy; we'll see what happens in the next few years.

However, I think Skillet has done it in recent years. You could argue that Rise maybe wasn't great, but I've been so impressed with them in recent years. Comatose > Awake > Rise > Unleashed > Victorious. I thought they were gonna crash and burn years ago, but they've just been getting better.

Iron Maiden: Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere in Time, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Metallica: Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, And Justice For All, Black Album

Duran Duran: S/T, Rio, Seven & the Ragged Tiger, Notorious, Big Thing

Foreigner: S/T, Double Vision, Head Games, 4, Agent Provocateur, Inside Information 

Ozzy Osbourne: Blizzard of Ozz, Diary of a Madman, Bark at the Moon, The Ultimate Sin, No Rest For the Wicked, No More Tears, Ozzmosis

Survivor: Premonition, Eye of the Tiger, Caught in the Game, Vital Signs, When Seconds Count

• Like 3

6 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

Iron Maiden: Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere in Time, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Metallica: Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, And Justice For All, Black Album

Duran Duran: S/T, Rio, Seven & the Ragged Tiger, Notorious, Big Thing

Foreigner: S/T, Double Vision, Head Games, 4, Agent Provocateur, Inside Information 

Ozzy Osbourne: Blizzard of Ozz, Diary of a Madman, Bark at the Moon, The Ultimate Sin, No Rest For the Wicked, No More Tears, Ozzmosis

Survivor: Premonition, Eye of the Tiger, Caught in the Game, Vital Signs, When Seconds Count

Yeah that is hard to argue with right there...from a personal point of view id even add Too Hot To Sleep onto Survivor & Unusual Heat onto Foreigner...but I know not everyone is a fan of those releases...i'd probably drop Ozzmosis as it doesnt for me hold a candle to those other Ozzy releases...but solid choices indeed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...