Great album runs of 5 or more in a row

12 hours ago, Glen said:

Skyline spoils the show for NFO. Its good but not up to the others. 

Agreed...still good though...but they hit the groove from Amber onwards :drink:

Kix (duh). S/T, Cool Kids, Midnight Dynamite, Blow My Fuse, Hotwire. They really can do no wrong.

Kings X (double duh). Into the Silent Planet, Gretchen Goes to Nebraska, Faith, Hope, Love, Self Titled, DogMan, Ear Candy, etc...

Enuff Z Nuff has at least 10 albums of worthy material, starting with the S/T, then Animals w/Human Intelligent, easily to and through 10, but easily could include Welcome To Blue Island and album 12 ? (question mark).

Stryper. Yellow and Black Attack, Soldiers Under Command, To Hell W/the Devil, In God We Trust, and the EPIC Against The Law.

Butch Walker/Floyds Funk Revival/Marvelous 3. Sure its a blend of names but mostly the same guys and from Creamy, to the 3 Marvie records to Butch's Left of Self Centered is a good run, and you could include the 2 Southgang records as that's still Butch, Jay and Slug and depending on how much appreciation you have for Butch you can go to present as he is brilliant.

I also think Metal Church, The Dwarves, Warrior Soul and Nelson fit the bill as well.

I am sure there are many more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, martinsane said:

Kix (duh). S/T, Cool Kids, Midnight Dynamite, Blow My Fuse, Hotwire. They really can do no wrong.

Kings X (double duh). Into the Silent Planet, Gretchen Goes to Nebraska, Faith, Hope, Love, Self Titled, DogMan, Ear Candy, etc...

Enuff Z Nuff has at least 10 albums of worthy material, starting with the S/T, then Animals w/Human Intelligent, easily to and through 10, but easily could include Welcome To Blue Island and album 12 ? (question mark).

Stryper. Yellow and Black Attack, Soldiers Under Command, To Hell W/the Devil, In God We Trust, and the EPIC Against The Law.

Butch Walker/Floyds Funk Revival/Marvelous 3. Sure its a blend of names but mostly the same guys and from Creamy, to the 3 Marvie records to Butch's Left of Self Centered is a good run, and you could include the 2 Southgang records as that's still Butch, Jay and Slug and depending on how much appreciation you have for Butch you can go to present as he is brilliant.

I also think Metal Church, The Dwarves, Warrior Soul and Nelson fit the bill as well.

I am sure there are many more.

As much as I love Kix, their first 2 albums are not great.

And "In God We Trust" was TRASH.

Edited by AlphaMale
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

I adore those first 2 Kix records honestly, their discography is almost in order of favorites, literally with Midnight at 3 and Blow at 4, Hotwire 5 (but could bundle with Show business, but those first 4, minus Don't Close Your Eyes (that one never did much for me, OK song, but quite skippable) are quintessential. 

3 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

In God We Trust was great. I don't understand the hate.

12 minutes ago, auslander said:

In God We Trust was great. I don't understand the hate.

I like 'In god we trust' as much as any of their albums, but surely even the most seasoned Stryper fan acknowledges that there's at least as many (far more, imo) weak songs as good songs on any given Stryper album.

For me, 'Against the Law' is their best album by the stretch of an erect Leykis' penis (I feel like a need to clarify that this means by a long, long way), but it still has 'Against the law,' 'Rock the people,' 'Not that kind of guy,' 'Shining star,' 'Ordinary man' and 'Rock the hell out of you' clogging up the landscape and as usual, actually outweighing the good songs. 

Obviously this thread is completely to each one's own, and a fan of The Darkness could log in at tell us how they have 5 great albums, but in my humble opinion, page three has entered the realm of madness, lol. ;)

BUT!

To each their own.

And to my own, Stryper don't even have one great album, let alone any five of them. You'd get a pretty solid 10 track best of, though. ;)

To each, of course, their own. 

And to be fair, I could say that about many other bands in this thread other than Stryper, as I am sure publishers of those posts would say about the bands I suggested.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
11 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

What about KISS?

S/T

Hotter Than Hell

Dressed To Kill

Destroyer

Rock And Roll Over

Love Gun

They lost me with the disco rock of Dynasty.

KISS for sure, but I'd go with,

Animalize

Asylum

Crazy Nights

Hot in the Shade

Revenge

"Animalize" is the possible weak link, but I stand by it.

Here's one from each.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

Animalize

Asylum

Crazy Nights

Hot in the Shade

Revenge

Here's one from each.

Yep, they're the five I'd go with quite happily. I really like all those albums a lot. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

Animalize

Asylum

Crazy Nights

Hot in the Shade

Revenge

Nothing wrong with that at all  :) I'm actually rather found of Animalize  :)...although COTN would be my favourite

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tobi is an animal said:

I have Skyline ranked behind the last 4 releases as well, but still think it's great. Where do you fall on the track Spanish Ghosts?

Superb track...from that nice spanish guitar build up to the big beat that kicks in,even the Flamenco or it may Jota part fits right in to the style and feel of the song...you can tell where the roots from what they became began, if you know what I mean  :) 

and yes Skyline Whispers is great..its just that pretty much all of their stuff is just that..great :drink:

Edited by lettard

Van Halen: 1984, 5150, OU812, FUCK, Balance (it took me a while to appreciate how good Balance really is)

Dokken: T&N, ULAK, BFTA, BFTE, Dysfunctional 

Y&T: Earthshaker, Black Tiger, Mean Streak, In Rock We Trust, Down For the Count, Contagious, Ten

oh jeez, I know it's all opinion and that but this thread is getting a tad silly now.

but then I only like about 10 van Halen songs 🤣🤣🤣

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, tobi is an animal said:

Blue Turk and My Stars are two of my all time favorite Alice Cooper songs.

My Stars came first but Sick Things sounds a little like it.

19 hours ago, lettard said:

Superb track...from that nice spanish guitar build up to the big beat that kicks in,even the Flamenco or it may Jota part fits right in to the style and feel of the song...you can tell where the roots from what they became began, if you know what I mean  :) 

I love the track as well, Glen said he didn't like it which I thought was weird. ;)

Edited by tobi is an animal
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tobi is an animal said:

If we can get Glen to come around and see it's a great album, then we will have three people in agreement that NFO meets the criteria for this thread. B)

it's a good album, but not a great album, hence imo NFO are on a 4 album run.

Also for the record I disagree with virtually every other band mentioned in this thread as well 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, tobi is an animal said:

If we can get Glen to come around and see it's a great album, then we will have three people in agreement that NFO meets the criteria for this thread. B)

And the other 97% struggling to find a decent song let alone full album, or christ forbid, 5 of them. ;)

awkward music video GIF by Columbia Records UK

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Geoff said:

And the other 97% struggling to find a decent song let alone full album, or christ forbid, 5 of them. ;)

awkward music video GIF by Columbia Records UK

I was right about NFO when I first posted about them on this forum and I'm still right now.

Brilliant band with now 6 albums, 5 of which are pure genius. And one rather good. 

Excellent live band as well. 

They have brought a breath of fresh air to this music scene over the last 10 years whilst most bands have just churned out the same tired old cliched nonsense... Generic boring songs that youve heard a million times.

Congrats to NFO for breaking the mould and bringing us something to sing about in a mire of mediocrity 

• Like 2