Taboo - Taboo

Stefan

279386038_10159165500523655_634130074874

Press release:

Frontiers Music Srl is proud to announce the signing of the new Danish hard rock band TABOO, who will release their self-titled debut album via the label this year. Taboo features vocalist Christoffer Stjerne, who also fronts the band H.E.R.O., and guitarist Ken Hammer, who rock fans around the world will recognize as a founding member of the beloved hard rock institution Pretty Maids. Based out of Copenhagen, Denmark, Taboo’s songs are stuffed with classic heavy riffing and super melodic hooks with a dose of modernity.

With their musical union, Taboo became the musical playground for two of Denmark’s most experienced and powerful musicians. The powerhouse duo of Christoffer and Ken won’t let rock fans down when they release their self-titled debut album later this year.

Stay tuned for your first taste of music from the band coming up at the end of this month…

facebook

Edited by Stefan

• 4 weeks later...
  • Stefan changed the title to Taboo - Taboo
  • 1 month later...

TABOO-cover.jpg

New video for 'Bleeding'.

From Frontiers:

Guitarist Ken Hammer has made a name for himself during his lifelong career with Pretty Maids, not only as a founding member, but also as a cornerstone in the songwriting. Pretty Maids is a band known to hard rock fans around the globe for over four decades, but Ken is ready to branch out and try a new musical path with Taboo.

Christoffer Stjerne might seem to be a relative newcomer to hard rock fans outside of Denmark, but he has made a big name for himself with his band H.E.R.O. The band has released three albums, topped the radio and sales charts in Japan, and played numerous shows around the world. He is also a full-time producer, songwriter, and engineer, working with rock and pop artists from around the world.

Taboo's album was self-produced and engineered, but mixed and mastered by the Danish metal legend Jacob Hansen (Pretty Maids, Volbeat, etc.).

Tracklisting:
1. Flames
2. Bleeding
3. Learning To Breathe
4. Demons
5. Into The Sun
6. Powerless
7. It’s About Time
8. See You Again
9. Sensational
10. Daydream
11. In My Head (Bonus Track)

Line-Up:
Christoffer Stjerne - Vocals, Various Instrumentation
Ken Hammer - Guitars, Various Instrumentation
Claus Langeskov - Bass (Track 1, 3, 4, 5)
Mat Sinner - Bass (Track 2 & 11)
Anders Kirkegaard - Drums (Track 1)

Edited by Stefan

• 4 weeks later...

I left this comment on the promo for "Flames," and I feel like it applies to every song I've heard from this project so far, too: 

"Great song, great singer, but I feel like the compression of the production takes away from the quality of the songwriting and puts a damper on Ken's playing."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wowee, did I miss this one completely! Heard about it yesterday and couldn't believe I'd missed it, considering it features Ken Hammer, as well as the lead vocalist of HERO, of whom I'm also a fan. 

I think it's a pretty good album, quite similar, I guess, to both bands in that half the album is good and the rest is okay. Essentially, to me, it pretty much sounds like HERO with ballsier guitars... which is nice. I even believe 'Daydream' is a HERO song? I can't check because they have the most unsearchable name in history and I can't be bothered searching through my archives either... but pretty sure it's a HERO song. 

Anyway, he sounds great, Hammer sounds great, production is great... just wish there were a couple more really great songs. Picks would be 'Bleeding,' 'Demons,' 'Into the Sun,' 'It's About Time,' 'See You Again' and 'Daydream.' Nice album.