Autograph bassist, Randy Rand, passes away

Captain Howdy

From FaceBook

Autograph

42m  ·

It is with great sorrow and heavy hearts to announce the unexpected passing of our cherished friend and founding member of Autograph, Randy Rand.
At the time of death, Randy was surrounded by his beautiful and infinite love, Regina Rand and family.
Although beyond devastated, we find some comfort and solace knowing the last couple of years have been some of his happiest as an artist and as a performer. Randy was the consummate optimist and was so excited to see the new direction, creativity and renewed energy with the band. You could feel his excitement- as it was quite palpable with his playing abilities, performances and the way he interacted with his beloved fans.
As many of you know, Randy arrived in the late 70s Sunset Strip music scene and was an accomplished musician and seasoned studio musician when he rose to prominence as an original member of Autograph.
Fast forward 40 years, our brother was still making an impact in the music arena with his charismatic stage presence, musical contributions, most notably, with our new album release and collaboration with Frontiers.
Regrettably, there is only one Randy- a fabulous bassist band mate, brother, and human being. Collectively in the last couple of years with this formation, we spent numerous hours that turned into something magical while creating an unbreakable bond few bands are fortunate enough to ever experience. We had that…and with that, we will continue to honor Randy Rand, as he would want us to and honor our musical commitments and keep his legacy alive.
At this time…we ask that you respect our privacy and we thank you for the continued love, support and light that all of you have shown him and us as we navigate these sad days ahead of us.
279251652_525485428946240_34084765200808

7 hours ago, gener8tr said:

Oh gosh this one hits home for me.  I've been an Autograph fan dating back to 1984.  I was lucky enough to see them open for Motley Crue in Portland, Oregon back in 1985 and they were awesome.

Very sad.  RIP RR.

Saw that same show/tour in Seattle. Y&T where band 2 of the 3 band bill...

Very sad indeed. 

8 hours ago, Doggy said:

Is this means there no original members are left in the band.

Halloween Rip GIF by Lucie Mullen

Steve Lynch still in the band. And as far as I know Steve Plunkett is still alive as well.

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Steve Lynch still in the band. And as far as I know Steve Plunkett is still alive as well.

I didn't think anyone else was in the current line-up either. You sure Lynch is? 

Anyway, very sad news. May he rest in peace, and thanks for the tunes. 

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

I didn't think anyone else was in the current line-up either. You sure Lynch is? 

Anyway, very sad news. May he rest in peace, and thanks for the tunes. 

I see he was on the last two albums, but seems he left in 2019

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Jimi Bell of House of Lords  is their is or was guitarist 

Edited by Doggy

Randy was the last original member. Very sad news. Autograph were one of my go to bands back in the day and 'Sign In Please' remains one of my favourite ever albums. I was very fortunate (for an English bloke, they rarely play over here) to meet him when we played the MORC cruise back in 2020. A very amiable, cool guy. R.I.P Randy

6 hours ago, rickinmd said:

I wonder what this will do for the Frontiers release.

I doubt Frontiers care. I mean, they released Quiet Riot albums with not a single original member on. (Frankie was not on the first two albums)