new VAN HALEN lineup?

Jason Newsted (ex-Metallica) leaked it.

Band would feature: David Lee Roth on vocals, Joe Satriani on guitars, Newsted on bass, and Alex Van Halen on drums. 

http://metalsludge.tv/keeping-his-distance-wolfgang-responds-to-van-halen-rumors-with-dumbass-reunion-isnt-happening-and-just-leave-me-the-fk-out-of-it/

I could appreciate Alex wanting to put together a tribute concert at some point, to honor his brother and the band's legacy.  But anything more than that just doesn't seem right to me.  After Eddie passed Van Halen the band ended.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

I could appreciate Alex wanting to put together a tribute concert at some point, to honor his brother and the band's legacy.  But anything more than that just doesn't seem right to me.  After Eddie passed Van Halen the band ended.  

I kinda agree with that sentiment but I always judge music on its quality so if the music is good then I'll be cool with it....it would bother me more if there wasn't anyone named Van Halen in the band....

• 2023 Gold Donors

As a tribute sure, but going forward, for any band to have a semblance of credibility, it must include Alex and Wolfgang.

If these guys were serious about honoring EVH, then it would be nice to see a project involving Alex, Wolfgang, Michael Anthony, DLR and Sammy.

Two Bassists and Two Vocalists sharing duties with Guitar Legends including Joe Satriani.

Even then, without EVH it still wouldn't be the same.

Instead, we're gonna get a shit Fight.

Edited by Darkstone

VH is now over in any form.

All that's left is a tribute concery with SH and DLR sharing vocals, maybe MA singing a song.
They can rotate guitarists through the band, and hopefully WVH would also participate.

Would be a nice way to put a bow on the band and add to the legacy.

Moving forward, as usual, if anyone wants to perform VH songs live including Sammy, DLR (if he un-retires) or any other band, then that's all ok.