Cleanbreak (yet another Frontiers "super group")

Captain Howdy

Don't really know much about musical direction or anything yet (although their FB page is CleanbreakMetal, so that might give a clue), but looks like Frontiers is doing another one of their "throw a bunch of random musicians together" type projects.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Making a change from Michael Sweet joining pretty much most of these groups, we have two other Stryper members on board for this one.

Cleanbreak is:

James Durbin - Vocals
Mike Flyntz - Guitar
Perry Richardson - Bass
Robert Sweet - Drums

278134622_155723366915822_22523832285554

Like anything, I will give it a listen and make my judgement then as it does have several people in whose music I enjoy, but these team ups are no longer that special anymore as they do way too many.

Black Swan at least gives hope that good things can happen, but then again the quality of the members of that group is pretty stellar. As much as I like Stryper/Firehouse, I can't say Robert Sweet or Perry Richardson excite me, and I am fairly new to James Durbin. The other guy, like Matt Starr in Black Swan, I have never heard of.

CLEANBREAK-coming-home-COVER-HI.jpg

New video for 'Coming Home' coming tomorrow.

From Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to continue their partnership with James Durbin as he continues on his path to wave the flag for almighty heavy metal with his new band Cleanbreak! Mike Flyntz of Riot V, Perry Richardson of Stryper and Robert Sweet, also of Stryper round out the line-up. 

After Durbin's well received debut album (under the moniker "Durbin"), "The Beast Awakens", James was eager to explore more opportunities to create heavy metal music within the label family. After some discussion about his inspirations and the musical path he wanted to pursue, Cleanbreak was born. Cleanbreak sees Durbin paired with guitarist Mike Flyntz of Riot V and the rhythm section of bassist Perry Richardson and drummer Robert Sweet, both of Stryper. Durbin had been doing deep dives into the label's past releases and was eager to work with Alessandro Del Vecchio on the Cleanbreak album. The two paired on songwriting and also had contributions from Nasson (Sinner's Blood, Chaos Magic), Marco Sivo (Poison Rose), Bill Hudson, Giancarlo Floridia, and Alan Moise. 

Their goal was to craft an album that paid homage to a more traditional American heavy metal sound, ie. Riot, Fifth Angel, etc. and for that task Mike Flyntz was an ideal choice. But before Flyntz joined the fold, an ideal rhythm section was needed. Having worked with Stryper on multiple recent releases that are, coincidentally, the heaviest of the band's career, Robert Sweet and Perry Richardson seemed an ideal pairing to get involved with Cleanbreak. Both are criminally underrated players in the genre and it is a delight to see them shine in Cleanbreak, just like they do in Stryper.

While the concept of record labels putting together 'supergroups' has been around for decades, Frontiers Music Srl has, over the course of the past decade or so, really established a thoughtful, enthusiastic approach to the practice. Revolution Saints, The End Machine, Black Swan, Sweet & Lynch, Sunbomb, W.E.T., and Nordic Union are just a few examples of bands that have landed with great acclaim. The artists get to enjoy the opportunity to write and create music outside of the confines of their 'day job' and fans get the opportunity to hear even more new music from their favorite artists.

Tracklisting:

1.    Coming Home
2.    Before The Fall
3.    Dying Breed
4.    We Are The Warriors
5.    Dream Forever
6.    The Man Of Older Soul
7.    Still Fighting
8.    The Pain Of Goodbye
9.    Cleanbreak
10.    Fin My Way
11.    No Other Hearts

Line-Up:

James Durbin - Vocals
Mike Flyntz - Guitar
Perry Richardson - Bass
Robert Sweet - Drums

Guest:
Alessandro Del Vecchio - Keyboards, Background Vocals

Edited by Stefan

From Frontiers:

After Durbin's well received debut album (under the moniker "Durbin"), "The Beast Awakens", James was eager to explore more opportunities to create heavy metal music within the label family.

was it well received though?

Durbin had been doing deep dives into the label's past releases and was eager to work with Alessandro Del Vecchio on the Cleanbreak album.

really he had to do a deep dive to discover a release with adv?

While the concept of record labels putting together 'supergroups' has been around for decades, Frontiers Music Srl has, over the course of the past decade or so, really established a thoughtful, enthusiastic approach to the practice.

this part seems like a direct response to Andrew's comment about them using a random generator to come with these line ups.

Revolution Saints, The End Machine, Black Swan, Sweet & Lynch, Sunbomb, W.E.T., and Nordic Union are just a few examples of bands that have landed with great acclaim.

I think with the exception of Revolution Saints, the rest of these bands listed write their own material without any help from adv. I only like W.e.t and Nordic Union so not sure about the writing on the rest of them.

The artists get to enjoy the opportunity to write and create music outside of the confines of their 'day job' and fans get the opportunity to hear even more new music from their favorite artists.

I think it ends up being an opportunity for adv on most of these random band projects.

Guest:
Alessandro Del Vecchio - Co-writer, Keyboards, Background Vocals

LOL

Album cover is shit with zero thought, just like the recent Skills, and Iconic album covers.  I honestly don't think I can even bother listening to this new adv penned song,  I just can't with this label any more, I just can't. 

Edited by tobi is an animal
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Stefan said:

CLEANBREAK-coming-home-COVER-HI.jpg

New video for 'Coming Home' coming tomorrow.

From Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to continue their partnership with James Durbin as he continues on his path to wave the flag for almighty heavy metal with his new band Cleanbreak! Mike Flyntz of Riot V, Perry Richardson of Stryper and Robert Sweet, also of Stryper round out the line-up. 

After Durbin's well received debut album (under the moniker "Durbin"), "The Beast Awakens", James was eager to explore more opportunities to create heavy metal music within the label family. After some discussion about his inspirations and the musical path he wanted to pursue, Cleanbreak was born. Cleanbreak sees Durbin paired with guitarist Mike Flyntz of Riot V and the rhythm section of bassist Perry Richardson and drummer Robert Sweet, both of Stryper. Durbin had been doing deep dives into the label's past releases and was eager to work with Alessandro Del Vecchio on the Cleanbreak album. The two paired on songwriting and also had contributions from Nasson (Sinner's Blood, Chaos Magic), Marco Sivo (Poison Rose), Bill Hudson, Giancarlo Floridia, and Alan Moise. 

Their goal was to craft an album that paid homage to a more traditional American heavy metal sound, ie. Riot, Fifth Angel, etc. and for that task Mike Flyntz was an ideal choice. But before Flyntz joined the fold, an ideal rhythm section was needed. Having worked with Stryper on multiple recent releases that are, coincidentally, the heaviest of the band's career, Robert Sweet and Perry Richardson seemed an ideal pairing to get involved with Cleanbreak. Both are criminally underrated players in the genre and it is a delight to see them shine in Cleanbreak, just like they do in Stryper.

While the concept of record labels putting together 'supergroups' has been around for decades, Frontiers Music Srl has, over the course of the past decade or so, really established a thoughtful, enthusiastic approach to the practice. Revolution Saints, The End Machine, Black Swan, Sweet & Lynch, Sunbomb, W.E.T., and Nordic Union are just a few examples of bands that have landed with great acclaim. The artists get to enjoy the opportunity to write and create music outside of the confines of their 'day job' and fans get the opportunity to hear even more new music from their favorite artists.

Tracklisting:

1.    Coming Home
2.    Before The Fall
3.    Dying Breed
4.    We Are The Warriors
5.    Dream Forever
6.    The Man Of Older Soul
7.    Still Fighting
8.    The Pain Of Goodbye
9.    Cleanbreak
10.    Fin My Way
11.    No Other Hearts

Line-Up:

James Durbin - Vocals
Mike Flyntz - Guitar
Perry Richardson - Bass
Robert Sweet - Drums

Guest:
Alessandro Del Vecchio - Keyboards, Background Vocals

I like it. Nothing hew or original, but I like Durbins vocals and some nice riffing.

Looking forward to hearing some more.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony

I was just thinking the other day, "It's been weeks since we last had a new Frontiers project band." I guess I missed this thread. ;}

Unlistenable; I made it about 30 seconds or so 🤮

• Haha 1

• My Little Pony
15 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

I only made it 20 seconds.

That long??

I can't even bring myself to click play. 

• Haha 2