Iconic - Second Skin

Stefan

frcd1233.jpg

Album out June 17 through Frontiers.

Press release:

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the formation of an exciting new hard rock group, Iconic. Featuring Michael Sweet (guitars), Joel Hoekstra (guitars), Marco Mendoza (bass), Tommy Aldridge (drums), and Nathan James (vocals), Iconic is primed to set the hard rock world on fire! Michael Sweet, known for his work as guitarist/vocalist for the legendary heavy metal band Stryper and his solo work, with his instantly recognizable voice and guitar style is really a name that needs no introduction to the hard rock faithful. Joel Hoekstra, currently of Whitesnake and Trans-Siberian Orchestra, is one of hard rock’s premiere guitarists, whose fretwork is regularly praised and admired. Marco Mendoza’s resume really speaks for itself (Thin Lizzy, Black Star Riders, The Dead Daisies, Journey) and the legendary bassist shines, as he always does, here. Tommy Aldridge, currently of Whitesnake, has also played with Ozzy Osbourne, Ted Nugent, and Black Oak Arkansas, among others, and is considered one of the great hard rock drummers of all-time. And handling lead vocals is none other than Inglorious’ Nathan James, a young man whose vocal style is a fitting, proper descendent of rock’s vocal legends of the ’70s. Sweet and Hoekstra handled the bulk of the songwriting. 

Co-producer Alessandro Del Vecchio (he and Sweet produced the album together) contributed vocal melodies and keyboards. James also contributed songwriting to two tracks. While the concept of record labels putting together ‘supergroups’ has been around for decades, Frontiers Music Srl has, over the course of the past decade or so, really established a thoughtful, enthusiastic approach to the practice. Revolution Saints, The End Machine, Black Swan, Sweet & Lynch, Sunbomb, W.E.T., and Nordic Union are just a few examples of bands that have landed with great acclaim. The artists get to enjoy the opportunity to write and create music outside of the confines of their ‘day job’ and fans get the opportunity to hear even more new music from their favorite artists. Iconic seems sure to be yet another winner!

Tracklist:
1. Run (As Fast As You Can)
2. Ready For Your Love
3. Second Skin
4. All I Need
5. Nowhere To Run
6. Worlds Apart
7. All About
8. This Way
9. Let You Go
10. It Ain’t Over
11. Enough Of Your Love

Edited by Stefan

I was originally out on this with Sweet involved as I figured his vocals would ruin it for me; so it's good to hear James is doing the vocals.  Sweet/Hoekstra writing the songs should work in the albums favor as well. 

I don't understand why Sweet needs ADV to help produce it though; and ADV only has one vocal melody so hopefully it's only half of that melody on one song.  Frontiers is truly fucked in the head when it comes to ADV, and having him have some kind of credit on 85% of their albums.

Edited by tobi is an animal
  • Haha 1

I will give it a shot of course, but I'd rather have a different vocalist.

Edited by The Rocker
  • Like 2

Actually sounds pretty good!

• Like 2

I’m tempering my expectations for this one, like with any Frontiers “project”, but I think “Nowhere to Run” is actually pretty damn good, and look forward to hearing more. 👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

This always keeps me away: Co-producer Alessandro Del Vecchio (he and Sweet produced the album together) contributed vocal melodies and keyboards.

I don't mind that, as long as he's not writing the songs or singing 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very good, solid album indeed. Joel Hoekstra and Nathan James are the standouts on this. Lots of Whitesnake influenced goodness. A big thumbs up from me

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jez said:

Very good, solid album indeed. Joel Hoekstra and Nathan James are the standouts on this. Lots of Whitesnake influenced goodness. A big thumbs up from me

Yeah for me the 2nd half of the disc has quite a lot of a Whitesnake sound and I liked that side of them better,thats not to say I didnt enjoy the first half also,good disc overall

• 2 weeks later...