Frontiers recent releases

Does anyone else feel that with Frontiers these days their mission seems to be quantity of releases as opposed to quality? So many releases and few can rise above mediocrity. Their use of label roster employees as writing and production teams means many releases sound samey too (i.e. a Euro-AOR sound with bombastic keys and guitar competing for noise saturation). 

6bjas4.jpg.70d18231d1ba7af68f5b82d62c319a6c.jpg

• Like 1

People have been saying this for years about Frontiers. Nothing new. That said, they're one of the largest current players in the genre space, so by definition the more titles they release the greater the likelihood of clunkers.

As contracted as things have become, especially with AOR Heaven exiting the scene, I'm not going to criticize a label for putting out "too many titles". It's tough enough to keep things profitable as it is.

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
31 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

People have been saying this for years about Frontiers. Nothing new. That said, they're one of the largest current players in the genre space, so by definition the more titles they release the greater the likelihood of clunkers.

As contracted as things have become, especially with AOR Heaven exiting the scene, I'm not going to criticize a label for putting out "too many titles". It's tough enough to keep things profitable as it is.

Yeah. It's def a love/hate relationship I have with them. 

• Like 1