Venator - Echoes From the Gutter

Kristian

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2022 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2022.

82% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • urgh both of those songs are a cheese fest. Hard pass 
    • My CD arrived. Gotta say it is one of the cheapest, shittiest packaging of a cd I have seen. It is just a double panel with a disk (no tray). No booklet, no lyrics, very little info. printed. Terrible artwork (as you can see above). Glad I only paid $17 as it isn't worth more than that presentation wise. Musically I have only listened once so far so will reserve judgement until then. Note - Jack Jones only played on one track, the lead single. But he is touring with the band.
    • Slash - 4 The Midnight - Heroes Thirty Days Out - Thirty Days Out  Journey - Original Album Classics (Journey, Look Into the Future, Next) Every Day Life - American Standard 
    • Brilliant tune... reminds me of prime MSG, to be honest. Maybe a slight 'Anytime' vibe? But a magnificent song.  But the song I've had in my head all week is '100 thousand years.' Man I love that one. I rated this album fairly earlier in the year, but with a bit of a jumbled year of listening I haven't concentrated too much on albums this year. Listening to everything now, and I have to say that this album stood out as one I maybe did not give it's due credit. Those two songs are excellent, and I also like 'Get Away' and 'Crash & Burn' of the rest. Some nice gear on here. 
    • Exactly. Same goes for Sunstorm.
    • They're solid and consistent... just missing a bit of something to make them stand out for me, personally. The album is solid, like their other stuff. 
    • ADV wrote most of the debut. but that was before he burned himself out writing another 4000 songs of course the main problem is it isn't Revolution Saints. If you still want to showcase DC pick some more band members and call it something else but don't pretend its Rev Saints anymore. 
    • I don't have as much disdain for Del Vecchio as some do, but I can't help but feel like this sounds very... generic in an ADV kind of way? It's not that it's a bad song by any means, it's just that I've only listened to it once, but it feels like I've heard it about 300 times because it sounds like so many other songs Del Vecchio has produced. Secondly, since they've outright admitted that Revolution Saints was meant as a vehicle to showcase Castronovo, without Jack Blades and Doug Aldrich, I'm a little puzzled as to why they didn't just make a Deen Castronovo solo record instead. Surely at this point, anyone familiar with Frontiers, melodic rock music and especially Revolution Saints knows who he is.
    • Two Arms to Arms (bootleg) - Def Leppard 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.