3 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Best song they've done since Promises.

I really liked Undefeated from Mirrorball and Dangerous from the self titled

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lettard said:

I really liked Undefeated from Mirrorball and Dangerous from the self titled

Yes, me to

• Like 1

Wow, did Phil pick-up something other than a Jackson here?  Sounds like it's tuned down two full steps as well.  And to be honest, if I didn't know this was Def Leppard, I'd not have guessed that was Joe if I'd only heard the first 15 seconds of vocals.

I don't hate it, but it's not the Pyro / Hysteria guitar sound I'm used to.  I'd rather have more 70's glam style from them at this point.  First track beats this one hands-down for me.

Edited by gener8tr

• 4 weeks later...

New single out - Fire It Up!

Have to say I've really like the first 2 singles and like this one plenty too.  If you're one of those that only want to hear Pyro or HND sounding stuff, best just skip it lol.  But for me this is a fun, catchy tune.

It's a solid 3 for 3 for me so far.

Edited by tts42572

15 hours ago, J.S.M said:

I somehow prefer the current Def Leppard songs to the 80's stuff. Joe's voice sounds so relaxed yet powerful, I really like that. It's probably the weakest of the 3 singles for me cause I don't like the chorus that much but still a 3/3.

Everybody likes what they like but this has gotta be the first time I've ever heard say somebody they prefer new Def Leppard over the 80s version.  Oh well, if it works for you, that's all that matters.

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, Tabe said:

this has gotta be the first time I've ever heard say somebody they prefer new Def Leppard over the 80s version.

And hopefully the last time. 

• Haha 1

I like it,not as good as the other two (and the three released are the first three from the running order of the cd) still though im looking forward to the album

Have heard the album and like it.  Basically for me there's 5 excellent catchy, melodic, Leppard sounding tunes (Take What You Want, Kick, Fire It Up, SOS Emergency, Gimme A Kiss), then maybe a couple others that are pretty good depending on your tastes.  Then there's probably 4 tunes that are going to be skips for me (This Guitar, Gone for Good, Lifeless, From Here to Eternity).  I'd say This Guitar might be one of my least favorite songs they've ever done lol.

Still though, at least for me there's a decent "normal" album of material in this album (10 tracks or so) if you didn't mind the Slang through X era of the band.  I say that only because a lot of these tunes just seem to remind me of different songs from those albums.

I definitely like it more than the past couple albums they've done but if somebody hasn't cared for what they've done the past 20 years or so then they should just skip this and move on as they won't like this either. 

Edited by tts42572

Got this today and my initial reaction after one spin through is of disappointment, I'm a huge Leppard fan and have been waiting for something worthy of the past..oh yes there have been songs here and there but album wise not a shade on their former self...this sounds like a mixture of everything since Slang (the track "Unbreakable" pretty much uses the track Slang's guitar riff ) all rolled into one and recycled to me(stuff that sounds like it was from Euphoria, X and even SFTSL)..maybe i'm wrong and after a few more spins will change my mind...for me the tempo just isn't there..it seems to plod along...again with more spins I may change my mind...for me the track "Liquid Dust" is not great and could have easily been left off along with maybe the last 3 tracks on the album, "This Guitar" is ok for what it is(good for a collab but not for a leppard album)..but is it really what Leppard think fans want hear? I think I read somewhere that they made this album for themselves so maybe that hits the nail on the head right there...the three singles are good as is "SOS Emergency"...probably my fav track thus far and remember its one spin in is "Gimme A Kiss That Rocks"...a simple straight ahead party rock track.

Edited by lettard

Gimme A Kiss is the best song on this record, but that is not saying much. The rest of it is not what I wanted and not what I expected from Def Leppard, especially given their last new record was released seven years ago. I won't say the record is terrible, but it is just not for me. I could not even get halfway through some of the songs on it. Maybe it would have turned out better if the band could have written and recorded it all together as a group at the same studio rather than individually making contributions and mixing those together because of covid. 

C.H.

Edited by Captain Holly