Def Leppard - Diamond Star Halos

auslander

I may be the only person on this site who still love Def Leppard but if not, there is news of a new album coming very soon!

"Def Leppard To Release 'Diamond Star Halos' Album; New Single To Arrive On Thursday - Blabbermouth.net" https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/def-leppard-to-release-diamond-star-halos-album-new-single-to-arrive-on-thursday/

1 hour ago, auslander said:

I may be the only person on this site who still love Def Leppard but if not, there is news of a new album coming very soon!

"Def Leppard To Release 'Diamond Star Halos' Album; New Single To Arrive On Thursday - Blabbermouth.net" https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/def-leppard-to-release-diamond-star-halos-album-new-single-to-arrive-on-thursday/

What you talkin' about Willis ?

I am  still a fan of Def Leppard. To show my devotion of Lepps , I went to see at Venue in St. Kilda , to next morning drove all the way to Narara , where there was a festival they played.

I even went to an unplugged gig, and got talk to them 1/2 hour , they promoting " Vault.". Vivi sign my Riversdogs and Shadow King's CDs covers. And Phil sign my Girl's vinyl  covers. Both were shock someone knew their bands.

5 hours ago, Doggy said:

What you talkin' about Willis ?

I am  still a fan of Def Leppard. To show my devotion of Lepps , I went to see at Venue in St. Kilda , to next morning drove all the way to Narara , where there was a festival they played.

I even went to an unplugged gig, and got talk to them 1/2 hour , they promoting " Vault.". Vivi sign my Riversdogs and Shadow King's CDs covers. And Phil sign my Girl's vinyl  covers. Both were shock someone knew their bands.

Sorry, I meant recent/new Def Leppard, not their old stuff which nearly everyone loves.

15 minutes ago, auslander said:

Sorry, I meant recent/new Def Leppard, not their old stuff which nearly everyone loves.

A lot of their recent stuff has been hit or miss, but the last album (self titled) was an absolute banger, and a real return to form.

Just a shame it's been 7 years since then and all they have done since is release about a 1000 compilation & live albums.

• Like 1

I'm still a big fan, but as Captain pointed out they've been hit and miss on their last couple studio albums.  I look forward to hearing the new track and still hold out hope the guys have one more great album in them.

Edited by Crazysam

Still a big fan.  Yeah, their recent output has been hit or miss and I think that's because they've just become so varied.  I feel like a big part of that comes from not having a focus and a producer that tells them something isn't good or needs more work.  At the end of the day though, I'm happy they are still trying to put out music as many other bands from the era don't anymore.  And they have done some good tunes so I'm happy if I can get a few songs I dig off the next album.

Here's the rumored album cover which may or may not be accurate.  What I find interesting is the Pyromania Crosshairs and the High N Dry diver.  If Wonder if those references suggest they feel like they're doing a bit of a throwback rock album?  Probably not but would be cool if they had that kind of focus to sort of go back to their roots a bit.

FN8-Ftoj-WYAMVti-N.jpg

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Here's the rumored album cover which may or may not be accurate.  What I find interesting is the Pyromania Crosshairs and the High N Dry diver

FN8-Ftoj-WYAMVti-N.jpg

Don't forget Adrenalize eye  :) the crosshairs are Hysteria too..

I'm still a massive fan but they have definitely not been as consistent for a good few years...but I still look forward to this...first single drops tomorrow on the Zoe Ball Breakfast Radio show....apparently?

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

A lot of their recent stuff has been hit or miss, but the last album (self titled) was an absolute banger, and a real return to form.

Just a shame it's been 7 years since then and all they have done since is release about a 1000 compilation & live albums.

There another compilation coming out next week.

4 hours ago, Doggy said:

There another compilation coming out next week.

Another!! ffs they're turning into Foreigner ;)

Edited by lettard

Definitely not HND, Pyro or Hysteria sounding but I like it.  Their recent stuff has been very hit or miss for me but this is a decent, catchy tune.  And happy these guys are at least still trying to make new music unlike a lot of bands from the same era.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 2

Loved the last album, so really looking forward to this. The new song is very T-Rex inspired as mentioned above and I like it.

2 hours ago, tobi is an animal said:

I don't have much use for Def Leppard outside of a few songs (Women, Run Riot, Rock Rock); and thought every song on their last album was awful. But I actually don't mind this new song, could maybe lose the na na na's.

And the clapping.

Don't mind that,not mind blowing...but I like that 70's Glam sound from it...which is what they said they were going for on this release.

But I love leppard and already have this preordered but not the deluxe...ain't paying £9 more for two bonus remix tracks  :(

Edited by lettard

819jzIS7AWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Tracklisting...

1.Take What You Want

2.Kick

3.Fire It Up

4.This Guitar (featuring Alison Krauss)

5.SOS Emergency

6.Liquid Dust

7.U Rok Mi

8.Goodbye For Good

9.All We Need

10.Open Your Eyes

11.Gimme A Kiss

12.Angels

13.Lifeless (featuring Alison Krauss)

14.Unbreakable

15.From Here To Eternity

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

The classic Def Leppard died with Steve Clark. Vivian Campbell neutered them. 

Very average song.

I like Vivian, and a bit ironic, I guess. Viv came from Dio, Whitesnake and for whatever reason did not bring that heaviness with him to the Lepps. I still like his playing though (and vocals when given the chance). 

9 hours ago, auslander said:

I will be happy if it is full of 70s glam. Got no issue with that. I like Sweet, Slade and T.Rex 

I quite like that new track and the stompin' beat.

Same here.

Why not? It works so go with it.

Most people here (as already mentioned) want to hear Def Lep from the 80's.
Blaming Viv Campbell for moving further from that sound? Yeah, that makes sense, new guy comes in and the band allows him to change their sound for shits and giggles?....

Same deal with Warant post Jani etc
Lose the expectation, and those golden memories of growing up with a walkman, and just enjoy good music.
Listen to is as if it's a new band and you may be surprised...

• Like 2