Vinnie Vincent Invasion new album in 2022?

auslander

Rumours are VVI has completed a new album. I, for one, would welcome new tunes by the Ankh Warrior overlord.

Story below:

"Has Vinnie Vincent Completed a New Album?" https://ultimateclassicrock.com/vinnie-vincent-new-album-2022/

I call BS... if anybody has seen the videos from the kiss kruise and some of the stuff from Genes Vault Experience, you notice that Vinnie had a hell of a time even trying to play a guitar. It's almost like he had not touched one in the last 20 years. If you combine that with all of the no-shows at his own meet and greets in the last 2 years, I'm still calling BS

• 2023 Gold Donors

I don't think Vinnie has seriously played a guitar in like at least 30 years...his late wife seemed to confirm this in a comment she made when she was asked years ago.People should choose to remember the guy from his Kiss and VVI days...it's been pretty apparent for awhile that what he does now (selling price-inflated gear,t-shirts,autographs and cds) is basically done to just survive, pay bills and put food on the table.

• 1 year later...

Super old news, but just came across this interview today. Bowled over by his comments on a drum machine around the 27min mark, saying how he prefers the machine to a real drummer so much. Would have never thought in a lifetime I'd ever hear words like that from a rock fan, let alone actual musician. I assume it's a consequence of him being - if rumours are true - very hard to work with? 

It's funny, as I roll through my year by year ratings (on 1991 at the moment), I was going to make a thread about albums that drum machines not destroyed, but took away from in a great capacity. Three off the top of my head being Steve Plunkett's 'My attitude,' Lee Aaron's 'Bodyrock' and the Without Love 'Trouble' album, which allegedly had a real drummer... but that's a machine for all money, innit? 

On 9/15/2023 at 7:14 AM, Geoff said:

Without Love 'Trouble' album, which allegedly had a real drummer... but that's a machine for all money, innit? 

Dunno...sounds ok but I could be wrong...sort of hard to tell because the actual sound of the album is echo like & hishing...to my ears anywho...still a good album though