Best Producer #8 (who should be higher )

4 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Rick Rubin 

One of the worst producers in history. Loudness does not make a producer. Also he mostly produced (c)rap music. Did he produce any hard rock? Slayer is metal and his production on RHCP was really poor. Totally overrated.

P.s. the numbers aren't in order of greatness, it is just 10 of the best Producers for our genre.

Martin Burch . some of the bands he has done Iron Maiden, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Whitesnake.

Or for Oz's Vanda & Young or Mark Opitz

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, auslander said:

One of the worst producers in history. Loudness does not make a producer. Also he mostly produced (c)rap music. Did he produce any hard rock? Slayer is metal and his production on RHCP was really poor. Totally overrated.

P.s. the numbers aren't in order of greatness, it is just 10 of the best Producers for our genre.

I disagree.RHCP-Blood Sugar Sex Magik is a great release.Go listen to Tom Petty-Wildflowers,another great release.

He helped steer Metallica back to guitar solos after the awful St.Anger.SOAD-Toxicity another awesome release.

And probably one of my top ten releases of this century:Audioslave-S/T

1 hour ago, nyoilers said:

I disagree.RHCP-Blood Sugar Sex Magik is a great release.Go listen to Tom Petty-Wildflowers,another great release.

He helped steer Metallica back to guitar solos after the awful St.Anger.SOAD-Toxicity another awesome release.

And probably one of my top ten releases of this century:Audioslave-S/T

None of those releases are in the HH database. If you look at what the very prolific Rick Rubin has produced it is 99% outside of our genre.

This is why you also won't see Brian Eno, George Martin, Quincy Jones, etc. in this list of the ten best hard rock producers.

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Never heard of the guy or heard any of the albums in this thread. 

That's not surprising.