The Mother Rockers - Canada's answer to Steel Panther

whiplash1972

THE MOTHER ROCKERS – Kobra (2022)

PUBLISHED JANUARY 2022

THE MOTHER ROCKERS - Kobra (2022) full

The funnily named THE MOTHER ROCKERS ’80s-inspired glam rock band from Quebec City are releasing their debut album “Kobra“, a 10-tracker recreating the sound & style of the Sunset Strip glory days.

There’s a lot of bands right now doing this kind of revival, and two type of them: the ones whom take seriously this genre as the music of their life, and the ones aiming for fun, parody, presenting a complete show including costumes, fireworks, et all. Since their name, you know THE MOTHER ROCKERS belongs to the latter.

However, and while lyrics are ridiculous, laughlable on purpose, and the guitarist looks like Ben Stiller in Zoolander wearing a wig (check video below), musically THE MOTHER ROCKERS are very good at their glam metal / sleazy / hair metal game.

Yeah, Steel Panther have been doing this for over a decade, well, THE MOTHER ROCKERS are the Canadian’s answer. And the guys are good at it.

All cliches are here, from the flashy cover art (which is darn good by the way) or the album title, the the Parental Advisory sticker. And then the guitar riffs / solos, the melodic refrains and the catchy choruses. All complete with cowbell et all.

“Kobra” is entertaining, catchy, and very, very fun. It’s all about a good time and put a smile on your face. And worth it.

Highly Recommended

Tracklist:

01 – I Can’t Wait
02 – Hot Mom
03 – Rivers of Slobber
04 – Y.M.B.B.
05 – Runnin’ Away
06 – Since You’re Gone
07 – Lady Mary-Ann
08 – She’s Got a Dick
09 – Too Hot to Fuck
10 – Late Nite Struggle

Billie Ballz – vocals
Max Shaft – guitar
Johnny Bucket – guitar
Zac Vegas – bass
Bobby Coxx – drums

BUY
www.amazon.co.uk/Kobra-Explicit-Mother-Rockers/dp/B09PJV1SX9

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Curious to hear what Glen and Geoff think of this.

Not fit to lace Steel Panthers boots I'm afraid.

Look, musically this is spot on but there are 2 glaring issues imo :

1. The vocalist is pretty weak (and accented?)

2. It's not funny

Well She's Got a Dick raised a wry smile but that was it.

What this does make you realise though is how amazingly awesome Steel Panther were at the height of their powers. Its not easy to write this stuff and make it work and be lol funny without coming across as crude. 

Just think songs like Asian Hooker, Tiger Woods, Tomorrow Night, I want your Tits, Bukkake Tears etc are just classic and unbeatable imo. 

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

Not fit to lace Steel Panthers boots I'm afraid.

Look, musically this is spot on but there are 2 glaring issues imo :

1. The vocalist is pretty weak (and accented?)

2. It's not funny

Well She's Got a Dick raised a wry smile but that was it.

What this does make you realise though is how amazingly awesome Steel Panther were at the height of their powers. Its not easy to write this stuff and make it work and be lol funny without coming across as crude. 

Just think songs like Asian Hooker, Tiger Woods, Tomorrow Night, I want your Tits, Bukkake Tears etc are just classic and unbeatable imo. 

Pretty much agree. Music is pretty good but aside from a few lines, just not that funny or creative. 

And yes, the vocalist is the weak link. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Pretty much agree. Music is pretty good but aside from a few lines, just not that funny or creative. 

And yes, the vocalist is the weak link. 

just to remind you of utter magnificence. Verse 2 is fucking hilarious. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered their CD a week or so ago and got it this morning. So used to paying upwards of $20 US in postage to the UK these days that I was amazed they only charged me $20 Can for the CD and postage together (thats about $15.50 US) .. crazy how countries so close to each other can be so far apart in postage costs.

That said, it's getting ridiculously expensive just ordering from European countries since the whole Brexit bullshit as well, with some of them charging £10+ for what used to be around £5 max).

All the same, still impressed with the price these guys charged.