2008 - Choose your album

auslander

Tough one. Saw Marcello/Vestry and thought that's the clear winner. Then HEAT is in there too, making a magnificent top three, with Hinder at the top of the pile. Three superb albums, but that Hinder album is pretty off-charts.

Can't even try to split 'Lost in the sun,' 'Loaded and alone,' 'Heaven sent' and 'Last kiss goodbye' for best song. In fact, I'm going to make a point to try and put this album on when I get home. I hope the kids are into it, lol. :)

Great albums from Journey (very unexpected), Brother Firetribe and HOL too. 

from the graphic Marcello Vestry

But the glaring omission is the magnificent Work of Art debut which would easily be my no 1 for 2008.

Also the first great album from Eclipse as they burst onto the scene. 

Nobody has yet mentioned it, but that Crue album was actually pretty decent I thought. Not my favourite though. That was a toss up between Brother Firetribe and Heat. But I'm going with Brother Firetribe as this is my favourite album of theirs. The title track is my favourite.

1 minute ago, auslander said:

Nobody has yet mentioned it, but that Crue album was actually pretty decent I thought. Not my favourite though. That was a toss up between Brother Firetribe and Heat. But I'm going with Brother Firetribe as this is my favourite album of theirs. The title track is my favourite.

Yeah, it's a cool album. As was the SOTU one. And Nickelback and Tesla. Seems like 2008 was a really, really strong year. 

12 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, it's a cool album. As was the SOTU one. And Nickelback and Tesla. Seems like 2008 was a really, really strong year. 

It gets even better. I obviously know what is in 2010 and I can tell you I have no idea how to choose just one album for that outstanding year. You will see it tomorrow night, what a year...

• Like 1

Dokken LSA, and what a great year that was. BF, Crue, Shinedown, and Whitesnake rounded out my top 5 👍

1 hour ago, auslander said:

It gets even better. I obviously know what is in 2010 and I can tell you I have no idea how to choose just one album for that outstanding year. You will see it tomorrow night, what a year...

2010 is a bit like 2021.

You can probably fairly easily narrow down a top 10, but that top 10 could change places for the top spots on any given day

A lot of great albums that year.

a few good ones there...but for me

Marcello/Vestry

also v/good Crue,Dokken,Brother Firetribe,HOL,Whitesnake.H.E.A.T,Journey,Tesla...and I love that Nickelback disc(their only I do...must be The Mutt thing)

I actually seen Whitesnake,Journey & Tesla on the same bill as Def Leppard not long after this in Dublin...great night  :)