Outside the US members

Leykis101

I got curious and started thinking it's kind of odd that I watch Aussies Today, I think I have a mancrush on Karl, that dude is full pimp mode, do any Aussies or Brits, or our friends in Finland, do any of you watch US or Canadian shows? just curious.

• 2023 Gold Donors
12 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

I got curious and started thinking it's kind of odd that I watch Aussies Today, I think I have a mancrush on Karl, that dude is full pimp mode, do any Aussies or Brits, or our friends in Finland, do any of you watch US or Canadian shows? just curious.

Yeah.

I leave for work well before "Today" or "Sunrise" (the other main Aussie morning show), but most mornings I watch the USA Today show, which is on here in the early hours.

I used to flick between that and Good Morning America, but we don't get GMA here now.

I miss Ginger Zee.  

I love the Late Show with Stephen Colbert. He's the man!

There's no show like his anywhere on the planet, I could watch him all the time. He's right on point, spewing truth like no other.

Fuck all other shows! Fuck you right in the a-hole!!

:blink:

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

If we're talking news and current affair type shows, don't watch them from Australia or any other country. 

If we're just talking general TV, I'd guess I watch roughly 40% aussie shows, 40% US and 20% UK? All mind numbing reality TV. :)

I watch some YouTube news clips. There's this one guy on Fox I quite like cause he is funny: Greg Guttfield. But as for news, rarely watch it. If I just must I choose 7 as it is the least biased network.

Does watching The Curse Of Oak Island (think its Canadian though) or The Viking Stone(with that mad Swedish guy) count?   :)

Other than that I only watch the likes of Wheeler Dealers,Vintage Voltage,Shed 'n Buried,Junk n' Disorderly,Find It Fix It Flog It..generally shows of that ilk from the U.K...when I watch telly that is.

Edited by lettard

News shows, definitely no. I try to avoid ours as well 🤣🤣

Other shows like series etc then yes but only US or UK. 

At moment watching Succession which is US (HBO??)

5 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Most of the shows I watch are US or UK (about 50% each) with the occasional Aussie and even Kiwi show thrown in.....

Oh yeah, I'd throw a 1% to NZ too. I recently watched both the NZ and South African series of 'Survivor,' which were both cool. 

1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

My favorite Kiwi show is The Brokenwood Mysteries and favorite Aussie show is Mystery Road.....

Don't know those ones... I'd assume they're probably on a paid TV service like Stan or some such thing? 

• My Little Pony
17 hours ago, lettard said:

Does watching The Curse Of Oak Island (think its Canadian though) or The Viking Stone(with that mad Swedish guy) count?   :)

Yeah. A fellow Curse fan!

• Like 2

Oak islands still on? WTF? now what do they do? it's the equivalent of the Ghost Hunters shows always running in circles chasing the next possible thing.

• Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
21 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Oak islands still on? WTF? now what do they do? it's the equivalent of the Ghost Hunters shows always running in circles chasing the next possible thing.

I haven't seen that series, but the true story of "Oak Island" is fascinating.

Shades of "Rennes Le Chateau". 

This video is a 2 hour deep dive, but as interesting as fuck.

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I haven't seen that series, but the true story of "Oak Island" is fascinating.

Shades of "Rennes Le Chateau". 

This video is a 2 hour deep dive, but as interesting as fuck.

The true story is still being uncovered. William Shakespeare's--or Francis Bacon--connection to the island isn't proven. But it can't be ruled out, yet, either. And there are a number of theories concerning what happened on the island that can't be ruled out. Every piece of evidence they unearth ends up supporting one, if not many, of the theories. 

I don't care if they never find "treasure"--part of me believes it's already been found (looking at you, Samuel Ball)--but I'm intrigued by the story. 

• Like 3

On 2/15/2022 at 6:12 PM, Darkstone said:

Yeah.

I leave for work well before "Today" or "Sunrise" (the other main Aussie morning show), but most mornings I watch the USA Today show, which is on here in the early hours.

I used to flick between that and Good Morning America, but we don't get GMA here now.

I miss Ginger Zee.  

Sucks to be you.
I'm lucky to be at our warehouse by 10am, and it's only 5 minutes from home.

As for the TV, I am 90% US shows.
Aussie shows generally suck (except for Australia Survivor and a few others)
UK shows suck more.
Not sure we get any Canadian shows, or from many other parts of the world.
Every now and then I'll click on some European shows on our multicultural channel to see some T&A :) 

• My Little Pony
23 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Sucks to be you.
I'm lucky to be at our warehouse by 10am, and it's only 5 minutes from home.

As for the TV, I am 90% US shows.
Aussie shows generally suck (except for Australia Survivor and a few others)
UK shows suck more.
Not sure we get any Canadian shows, or from many other parts of the world.
Every now and then I'll click on some European shows on our multicultural channel to see some T&A :) 

I've heard there's a big following for Letterkenny in Australia. Though even the producers "aren't sure" how you lot are watching it.

;}

Who is the biggest comedian in your respective country? I hate most comedians, but the ones I like are generally extremely offensive, but in a clever way, my 2 favorites are far and away Anthony Jeselnik, and Jimmy Carr, do you Aussies have any other then Jim Jefferies?? does Finland have any offensive comedians worth looking into? something ive been noticing lately is how many entertainers I enjoy who were born in Canada, people like Phil Hendrie who dont really talk about it, but it's kind of odd, I cant think of any Canadian comedians, off the top off my head, LOL

6 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Who is the biggest comedian in your respective country? I hate most comedians, but the ones I like are generally extremely offensive, but in a clever way, my 2 favorites are far and away Anthony Jeselnik, and Jimmy Carr, do you Aussies have any other then Jim Jefferies?? does Finland have any offensive comedians worth looking into? something ive been noticing lately is how many entertainers I enjoy who were born in Canada, people like Phil Hendrie who dont really talk about it, but it's kind of odd, I cant think of any Canadian comedians, off the top off my head, LOL

Jimmy Carr, seriously - what the English guy?? He's about as funny as a kick in the crotch.

Micky Flannagan is about 10 times more funny (& offensive) than him.

Thank me later ;)

• My Little Pony
8 hours ago, Glen said:

Jimmy Carr, seriously - what the English guy?? He's about as funny as a kick in the crotch.

Micky Flannagan is about 10 times more funny (& offensive) than him.

Thank me later ;)

Yeah, but Cody would probably need subtitles for Micky. ;}

• My Little Pony

Jimmy Carr is good at hosting panel shows, primarily because it gives everyone else a chance to roast him, but I'm kinda bored of his stand-up.