Jump to content

1998 - Choose your album


Recommended Posts

Fuel demonstrated that post-grunge could be extremely melodic and is my pick for 1998. I never tire of the song Shimmer, which is my favourite. 

This was a good year and I also love Steelhouse Lane, Backyard Babies, Big Bad Wolf and Jailhouse. Any of these releases could be my #1 any other week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well that is glaringly obvious. Steelhouse Lane by a football field. 'Still' is my favourite track. 

Charade and Big Bad Wolf both fine efforts too. 

Love the Jailhouse album, but when I catalogue my albums I put albums like that (and Loud & Clear in the 1997 list) in my 1989 list. May have been released in 1997, but nothing about that was recorded in 1997. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

steelhouse Lane, obviously

but I gotta say I played that Monster Magnet a ton. I loved that album and saw them on that tour. Absolute classic gig. Loud, raucous, anthemic, burning guitars, more bitches on stage than band members. Proper rock gig. Lives long in the memory :bowdown:

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Love the Jailhouse album, but when I catalogue my albums I put albums like that (and Loud & Clear in the 1997 list) in my 1989 list. May have been released in 1997, but nothing about that was recorded in 1997. 

It's a fair point but no one heard it in 1989 because it wasn't released until 1998...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As it stands, Jailhouse is the only one I've heard from this picture, but heard Steelhouse Lane for the first time on YouTube just now... I think I know what I'm looking for next!!!  They sound right up my alley!

Oh yeah, favorite track from the Jailhouse is Long Way Up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, auslander said:

It's a fair point but no one heard it in 1989 because it wasn't released until 1998...

Yeah, defo. It's just the way I set up my playlists. All set up for when the music was recorded. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, SessionWulf said:

As it stands, Jailhouse is the only one I've heard from this picture, but heard Steelhouse Lane for the first time on YouTube just now... I think I know what I'm looking for next!!!  They sound right up my alley!

Oh yeah, favorite track from the Jailhouse is Long Way Up!

You are in for a treat. Second disc from Steelhouse Lane is just as good.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2021 Gold Donors

Yeah, "Steelhouse Lane", no question. 

Favourite track is "Surrender", no question. 

As close as you can get to a perfect song.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

Yeah, "Steelhouse Lane", no question. 

Favourite track is "Surrender", no question. 

As close as you can get to a perfect song.

Yeah, it was always between that one and 'Still' for me. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steelhouse Lane

followed by Big Bad Wolf & Charade...that Shakra cd wasnt bad but nowhere near the best of that year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Man, tough year as I liked basically nothing here.

I'll say Fuel though as I dug Shimmer quite a bit so will give that the nod.

Having a fair idea of your tastes and seeing your reply in the 1999 thread too, am I too assume you've never heard Steelhouse Lane? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.