1996 - Choose your album

auslander

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, Geoff said:

I actually share your surprise that there is very little love for Gotthard as I thought they'd be the popular pick.

BUT! Any maniac arguing that it's their best album needs to understand that 'Dial Hard' was not their debut, nor was 'Open' the last album they ever recorded. Because it's probably the best of those three, but that's where it ends. In.

My opinion, of course. 

I personally think the album is bog average with two great songs and a bunch of fillers. 'Let it be' and 'In the name' are two if the finer songs in Gotthard's discography. The rest? Pass. :(

In my.

Opinion, of course. 

So, are you saying that you like or dislike "Open"?

Because to me, apart from "Cheat & Hide" and "Back to You", I've always considered this album as Gotthard's "Shadowlife".

11 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

So, are you saying that you like or dislike "Open"?

Because to me, apart from "Cheat & Hide" and "Back to You", I've always considered this album as Gotthard's "Shadowlife".

Nah, I don't like 'Dial Hard,' 'G' or 'Open' much at all. 'Open' probably being the weakest of the three. 

23 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I love "Dial Hard" and "G", but there you go.

Yeah, they're popular albums, just not with me. Apart from the two awesome tunes I mentioned above. ;)