1990 - Choose your album

auslander

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, auslander said:

Caused me a minor issue with parents mishearing the chorus back then.

Never been an issue in my house. But, then, my last name is Funk, so we're good at differentiating between the two words. ;}

15 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Never been an issue in my house. But, then, my last name is Funk, so we're good at differentiating between the two words. ;}

Are you James Brown's son then?

• 2023 Gold Donors

Another tough year, I could probably name a favorite track from the majority of these albums.

If I had to choose one though, I'm going with Warrant.  Favorite track is Mr. Rainmaker.  If I could choose two the second would definitely be Firehouse.  Favorite track is Overnight Sensation.  After that I would have to debate over the order for the rest

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Glen said:

let's be avin it then.......

Boulevard - Into The Street

Heart - Brigade

Cheap Trick - Busted

Steve Vai - Passion And Warfare

Paul Janz - Renegade Romantic

Toy Matinee - S/T

Petra - Beyond Belief

Valentin- Valentine

Marc Jordan - C.O.W

Mastedon - LOFCAUDIO

16 minutes ago, Jez said:

Boulevard - Into The Street

Heart - Brigade

Cheap Trick - Busted

Steve Vai - Passion And Warfare

Paul Janz - Renegade Romantic

Toy Matinee - S/T

Petra - Beyond Belief

Valentin- Valentine

Marc Jordan - C.O.W

Mastedon - LOFCAUDIO

Nice.

Not a fan of the Nelson then? that would be top 3 for me along with Boulevard & Valentine.

Not familiar with Paul Janz so will check out 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glen said:

Nice.

Not a fan of the Nelson then? that would be top 3 for me along with Boulevard & Valentine.

I Like Nelson well enough, just not a top tenner. (my fave album by them is Life)  Paul Janz is great, maybe a little too soft/ poppy for you though

8 minutes ago, Glen said:

Nice.

Interesting you chaplets talk of Valentine in such high context compared to many in this list. That Valentine album, in my opinion, of course, is down the list way past a lot of the albums in the original post. 

Heart's 'Brigade' would be right up there, though.  

29 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Interesting you chaplets talk of Valentine in such high context compared to many in this list. That Valentine album, in my opinion, of course, is down the list way past a lot of the albums in the original post. 

Heart's 'Brigade' would be right up there, though.  

Valentine is a classic. Got about 95% from me 👍

7 minutes ago, Glen said:

Valentine is a classic. Got about 95% from me 👍

Wow. Fair enough, to each their own. I think it's a good album, but with terrible production. Even with decent procuction I couldn't see it more than around the 75-80% mark for me, personally. But this is one album where bad production took a heavy toll, especially when all their peers had beautifully produced products. 

2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Wow. Fair enough, to each their own. I think it's a good album, but with terrible production. Even with decent procuction I couldn't see it more than around the 75-80% mark for me, personally. But this is one album where bad production took a heavy toll, especially when all their peers had beautifully produced products. 

bad production? we talking about the same album 🤔

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

listening to it right now on Spotify and it sounds amazing. No idea what you talking about 🤔

Yeah mate, I hate it. Hugo's voice lost in the mix, tin foil drums, don't even like the guitars. Just a terrible production job /mix from a great producer. If this sounded like Heavens Edge's debut, production-wise, by the same guy in the same year, it may be an album worth talking about. 

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

Yeah mate, I hate it. Hugo's voice lost in the mix, tin foil drums, don't even like the guitars. Just a terrible production job /mix from a great producer. If this sounded like Heavens Edge's debut, production-wise, by the same guy in the same year, it may be an album worth talking about. 

we always disagree on production. 

I like Heavens Edge but it only has 1 dead cert 10/10 song , good production or not. 

The Valentine is one anthem after another imo. 

But we like what we like. 👍

14 minutes ago, Glen said:

we always disagree on production. 

I like Heavens Edge but it only has 1 dead cert 10/10 song , good production or not. 

The Valentine is one anthem after another imo. 

But we like what we like. 👍

I can't think of a song on the Valentine album that comes close to 'Bad Reputation,' 'Find another way' or, obviously, 'Come play the game.' :)

3 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I can't think of a song on the Valentine album that comes close to 'Bad Reputation,' 'Find another way' or, obviously, 'Come play the game.' :)

I love every song on Valentine so it's a bit of a pointless conversation. You probably don't rate Nelson or Boulevard either but I love them. Classic AOR albums. 

1 minute ago, Glen said:

I love every song on Valentine so it's a bit of a pointless conversation. You probably don't rate Nelson or Boulevard either but I love them. Classic AOR albums. 

Nelson and Boulevard are both nice. I could find an album of good cuts from all three albums, but no they're not highly rated by me, personally.