1990 - Choose your album

auslander

Some fine albums there, but no way in the world I could go past Poison's 'Flesh & Blood.' Even though it was released before my youth (only just, when I think of it), it was the soundtrack to my youth, which isn't anything to treasure... but I loved the album from the second I heard it and still do today. 

Favourite track has to be 'Ride the wind' with a strong nod towards 'Come hell or high water.' 

Ratt, Warrant, Firehouse, Slaughter, Winger and Lynch Mob all rounding out a very pleasing top 7. 

Very tough one as Warrant and Poison were both played very heavily by me and both were among my favorite bands at that time.  Firehouse also is a favorite as is that Lynch Mob album.  And Slaughter was great too.  Very good year for music!

I'm going with Warrant though and I'll say Mr Rainmaker as my favorite song off it.

Edited by tts42572

• My Little Pony

'I remember it well, I was just about three
My dad said, "Son, what do you want to be?"
It didn't ring no bell, but I said
"Daddy, I'm a bit too young, what do you want from me?"'

https://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/topic/33105-1990-best-albums/

I seriously wonder who compiles these album graphics though and if they consider these the best albums ??

none of these were considered :

Baton Rogue, Beggars & Thieves, Blue Tears, Boulevard, Don Dokken, Fate, Friction, Hurricane, Paul Laine, Nelson, Pretty Maids, Roxxi,  Talisman or Valentine

Hey ho 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

I seriously wonder who compiles these album graphics though and if they consider these the best albums ??

Baton Rogue, Beggars & Thieves, Blue Tears, Boulevard, Don Dokken, Fate, Friction, Hurricane, Paul Laine, Nelson, Pretty Maids, Roxxi,  Talisman or Valentine

Hey ho 

We all have more "obscure" favourites from any given year because we are music connoisseurs, but (apart from Nelson) I don't think any of the above examples you gave would be as well known as those albums in the graphic.

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Hey ho 

lol, I wouldn't read anything into it. Just seems like a mix of moderately successful albums from each year. Karpetface is posting links to the more in-depth threads, but these are just a bit of a knee slapping good time and it's cool. 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
11 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

'I remember it well, I was just about three
My dad said, "Son, what do you want to be?"
It didn't ring no bell, but I said
"Daddy, I'm a bit too young, what do you want from me?"'

https://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/topic/33105-1990-best-albums/

Get the Funk Out!!

• 2023 Gold Donors
8 hours ago, auslander said:

Empire for me and my favourite track is Best I Can.

Probably my #2 choice.

Track wise, for me is a tie between "Jet City Woman" and "Anybody Listening?".  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Probably my #2 choice.

Track wise, for me is a tie between "Jet City Woman" and "Anybody Listening?".  

No votes for 'Hand on heart,' which would be mine? Love 'Best I can,' though.