1988 - Choose your album

auslander

I have to choose Mindcrime though I am sorely tempted to pick Poison. And then there is Cinderella and my guilty fave Britny Fox, and Kix "Don't Close Your eye-e-eyes"... and the Winger album that I absolutely love...

I just have to stick with O:M.

Yeah, I feel boring as balls, but has to be Bon Jovi for me too. 

Bulletboys and Poison rounding out the top three, I think. 

Queensryche - OM by a cock hair over Cinderella - LCW 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
29 minutes ago, whiplash1972 said:

Queensryche - OM by a cock hair over Cinderella - LCW 

Yarp. 

I opened this thread immediately thinking, "Oh, Operation: Mindcrime. No-brainer." But then I remembered Long Cold Winter was released the same year.

https://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/topic/33096-1988-best-albums/

• Like 1

from those Bon Jovi again, pretty easily.

A number of great releases missing like Night Ranger, Dare, Dan Reeds debut, House of Lords debut and of course the magnificent Survivor Too Hot to Sleep which would be my no 1 from that year 

3 hours ago, Glen said:

A number of great releases missing like Night Ranger, Dare, Dan Reeds debut, House of Lords debut and of course the magnificent Survivor Too Hot to Sleep which would be my no 1 from that year 

Yeah those are some mighty big discs that aren't included...there are also so many included that are fantastic...Scorpions,Bon Jovi,Queensryche etc...

I'll go with Kix

Tough one, Bulletboys was the very first CD I outright bought, was hanging on to my beloved records, so I've always been fond of this album. But gonna go with Winger and Queensryche. 

On 2/8/2022 at 3:55 PM, auslander said:

I have to choose Mindcrime though I am sorely tempted to pick Poison. And then there is Cinderella and my guilty fave Britny Fox, and Kix "Don't Close Your eye-e-eyes"... and the Winger album that I absolutely love...

I just have to stick with O:M.

For me the best track is Revolution Calling, though I do love the opening instrumental Anarchy X that sets the tone and flows straight into it. They are better together and I consider them one track really.

On 2/8/2022 at 4:16 PM, Geoff said:

Yeah, I feel boring as balls, but has to be Bon Jovi for me too. 

Bulletboys and Poison rounding out the top three, I think. 

Shit I don't know what my favourite track is on this one it's changed in time. Used to be 'Born to be my baby,' probably been 'Wild is the wind' but I think my most long standing favourite would be the unlikely 'I'll be there for you.' Absolutely love Jon's vocal delivery on this one, and some of those lyrics always tugged at me.