Top 5 lists of 2021 posted!

heavyharmonies

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, Glen said:

interesting read.

I swear Jez compiled the longest honourable mentions list ever 🤣🤣👍

Yeah, were we really waiting for Dan to complete his write-ups for his Top 5, or for Jez to compile his Honourable Mentions? 

;}

• Haha 1

• My Little Pony

Also, thank God someone put Page 99 on their list. But what the hell is TOBB, and why don't I know about them?

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Also, thank God someone put Page 99 on their list. But what the hell is TOBB, and why don't I know about them?

https://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/topic/39413-tobb-overrated/?do=findComment&comment=801173

Edited by Stefan

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Already on it. Thanks, though.

Yeah, thanks for the lists. Always find something in there I've missed through the year. Looking forward to digesting it all and declaring my annual winner. 

29 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, thanks for the lists. Always find something in there I've missed through the year. Looking forward to digesting it all and declaring my annual winner. 

Well aside from Jez including nearly every album released in his honourable mentions 😳,  for me I think Mike was the winner this year, albeit he did include Platforms which was a 2020 release ;)

Although I agree it's brilliant so why not include it every year :)

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Glen said:

Well aside from Jez including nearly every album released in his honourable mentions 😳,  for me I think Mike was the winner this year, albeit he did include Platforms which was a 2020 release ;)

Although I agree it's brilliant so why not include it every year :)

So did Jez. 

His reasoning being it was released in physical format last year. 

• Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Glen said:

Also I've seen a few mention The Pretty Reckless. 

Any fans of that album should check out Paralandra which is actually far better 

Agree... and i just love Casandra Carson's voice.

Edited by Mr.AOR
  • Like 1

Hmmm, very interesting read. Got a few albums to check out from it. None that I think will change anything for me, but some moderately interesting ones. 

Anyway, the clear winner for this year is, as Glen said, Mike. Congrats, Mike, an e-lick is on it's way. 

I must add, though, that Jez actually get a special bonus point this year for being the only one, out of all dudes, to actually mention LeBrock. Not even in the other dudes' also-rans. 

I totally, 100% get that this pure synthwave thing isn't for everyone, but by the same token I think LeBrock has far, far more to do with the AOR / melodic rock we love, than some new made up genre. So yeah, gotta admit I'm a bit surprised that a lot of y'all don't appear to have even given it a try. It's obviously the best album from 2021, and I think you've missed a gem there. 

IMO,

Of course. ;)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

So did Jez. 

His reasoning being it was released in physical format last year. 

I suggest, move into the 21st century 😉🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yeah, were we really waiting for Dan to complete his write-ups for his Top 5, or for Jez to compile his Honourable Mentions? 

;}

So many very good/great albums deserving of a mention. 

17 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

If you love your Westcoast stuff, you  will love the TOBB album....absolutely splendid stuff

• 2023 Gold Donors

I try, but It's so hard to keep track of everything and these lists are a nice bookend to the year.

I inexplicably missed the "Big City" and "King Zebra" releases. 

As for who the "Winner" is, I think when it comes to these lists, we're all winners.

That sounds as corny as fuck, but it's the truth.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1