Canadian Patriotism???

Leykis101

3 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Pretty sure you're calling me a maggot and that you despise me there.
Whatever.
Like I said, I don't like to wear it, and I rarely do. But we live in a society and I'm not going to go around bringing shit on myself.
No. it doesn't get to me, there always have been and there always will be stupid things happening in society that I don't like or agree with, you either live with it, or become an activist.
So I guess that's what you are of sorts.
I think smoking should be outlawed.
I don't agree with mandatory voting in elections
I don't agree with compulaory seatbelts or motorbike or bicycle helmets. But I wear a seatbelt, a helmet if I ride a motorbike, but not if I rise a bicycle.
I think the law and punishemnts for rape and murder should be reformed.
I think Centrelink makes it too easy for many in society to get by without doing anything.
I think we are overtaxed.
I think the petrol price should be more regulated, which is hypocritical compared to my stance of free induster and competition etc.
I think guns should stay outlawed as they are.

i could go on, but I live with and accept all that shit.
I save getting pissed off primarily for fuckhesds driving on the road.
Fortunately I work 5 minutes from home.

Dildo on my head?
Weren't you the one asccusing me of looking like a fool the other day?

I'll say it again, but two wrongs don't make a right. Yes, a lot of that list I agree with, but it doesn't mean we just add another one to it for the fun of it. 

I like breathing, and I also found out that seeing people's faces, for many reasons and in many different scenarios, is actually pretty important. From day one I have refused to engage in a conversation with someone where we're both standing there wearing masks. Just absolutely refuse such fucking idiocy. 

It was funny, I was actually at the pool today (indoor) for my kids' swimming lessons and I saw someone who I knew from around town and thought, it does look like her, but why would she be here? Actually walked past her, within 30cm and didn't engage because I wasn't sure and it was too awkward, but found out later, when all masks were off, that it was the person I was thinking of. Pointless story just exercising impure thoughts in my head, but it's such a fucked up state. A new girl at work started early last year and I saw her face about a month ago for the first time. Actually a good looker. Again, another pointless tale. But you can take your own balls to your mouth if this is the world you're willing to accept from now on. 

1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

don't agree with compulaory seatbelts or motorbike or bicycle helmets. But I wear a seatbelt, a helmet if I ride a motorbike, but not if I rise a bicycle.

that's the most stupid thing I've seen you write on the forum.

I know about 5 people who'd be dead now if they hadn't been wearing a helmet on a bicycle. One had his helmet cracked 2 two, but he survived with a minor concussion.

Bicycle helmets are not compulsory in the UK but people are idiots if they don't wear one. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

I'll say it again, but two wrongs don't make a right. Yes, a lot of that list I agree with, but it doesn't mean we just add another one to it for the fun of it. 

I like breathing, and I also found out that seeing people's faces, for many reasons and in many different scenarios, is actually pretty important. From day one I have refused to engage in a conversation with someone where we're both standing there wearing masks. Just absolutely refuse such fucking idiocy. 

It was funny, I was actually at the pool today (indoor) for my kids' swimming lessons and I saw someone who I knew from around town and thought, it does look like her, but why would she be here? Actually walked past her, within 30cm and didn't engage because I wasn't sure and it was too awkward, but found out later, when all masks were off, that it was the person I was thinking of. Pointless story just exercising impure thoughts in my head, but it's such a fucked up state. A new girl at work started early last year and I saw her face about a month ago for the first time. Actually a good looker. Again, another pointless tale. But you can take your own balls to your mouth if this is the world you're willing to accept from now on. 

odd that you feel that masks will be mandated forever. 

we went back to them temporarily when omicrom hit but have already dropped them again. 

I think my mum still wears hers but she's 80. 

10 minutes ago, Glen said:

that's the most stupid thing I've seen you write on the forum.

I know about 5 people who'd be dead now if they hadn't been wearing a helmet on a bicycle. One had his helmet cracked 2 two, but he survived with a minor concussion.

Bicycle helmets are not compulsory in the UK but people are idiots if they don't wear one. 

I Snow skied most of my life since 5 years old. Back then nobody wore helmets. Has to stop 10 years ago when I smashed my leg pretty badly, but I never wore a helmet.

Ironically Michael Schumacher wore a helmet during many F1 accidents and had no issues, but when skiing with a helmet on caused a life changing head injury.

No kids wore helmets riding a bike when I was a kid.

I should qualify what I said with the times I ride a bike its in a park etc. If I was riding on roads that would be a different story, but then again if I rode my bike on the roads I'd have to kill myself for being a stain on society  😀 

helmets are mandatory on pushbikes here  likely they are for snow skiing now which would dininish the fun involved 

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Take tour balls in your mouth?

That's a weird thing to say.

You make out like you're the only person on Earth who doesn't like wearing a mask.

N9body really asks me any more, they don't care.

I have a solution to your problem.

Go to Coles buy a 24 pack of bottles water. Take a bottle with you on the train. Take a sip every so often. Have a mask in your pocket.

If I thought masks significantly made a difference I'd wear one more often. But there has been enough use nore for significant data to be collected, compiled and released on their definitive effectiveness. That this hasn't been done leads me to believe that the difference they make is insignificant.

I do not believe that they should be mandated.

9 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Was it you who was the police hater? Actually I think that was Auslander. Not sure how you feel.

I don't hate the Police. I just think they are overrated and the only album you need from them is their Greatest Hits.

Edited by auslander

13 minutes ago, auslander said:

6473x2.jpg.f2cdde4b480a59ca6bb632df8f82eabb.jpg

Haha, that's the exact kind of thing I was thinking about in one of my above replies. 

It's not overly important what restrictions you might like or not, but the willingness for people to just happily accept them, one after another, without any real issue about how stupid and pointless they are is the real problem. 

6 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Take tour balls in your mouth?

That's a weird thing to say.

You make out like you're the only person on Earth who doesn't like wearing a mask.

N9body really asks me any more, they don't care.

I have a solution to your problem.

Go to Coles buy a 24 pack of bottles water. Take a bottle with you on the train. Take a sip every so often. Have a mask in your pocket.

If I thought masks significantly made a difference I'd wear one more often. But there has been enough use nore for significant data to be collected, compiled and released on their definitive effectiveness. That this hasn't been done leads me to believe that the difference they make is insignificant.

I do not believe that they should be mandated.

I'm on the train right now with a water bottle next to me. Always have one there. But again, this is how we want to be living in this country? 

Yep, I'll always say that I am more than happy for people to do whatever they want - as long as it's not to the detriment of those around them - to "keep themselves safe." If someone wants to wear a mask, totally cool with it (regardless of my personal opinion on them) but the mandates for idiocy fuel my rage. 

6 hours ago, Glen said:

odd that you feel that masks will be mandated forever. 

we went back to them temporarily when omicrom hit but have already dropped them again. 

I think my mum still wears hers but she's 80. 

Again, mate, as I said in the other thread, this is Australia. We're the reverse of what's happening there. They were dropped in some settings for a blink-and-you-miss-it moment, but they were ordered back on within days of those times. And even when they were dropped in some settings, they were still compulsory in most work settings and all public transport. Spend a week here, cob, and tell me that you think they won't be mandated forever. I'm sure they'll try again, one year, to drop them in some settings, but I can't see them ever dropping them for public transport and most occupations. Underestimating the complete idiocy here is your first mistake. ;)

4 hours ago, auslander said:

I don't hate the Police. I just think they are overrated and the only album you need from them is their Greatest Hits.

Well then, I agree.

I predict no more check ins or masks in 2 weeks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Look at this, Canada isn't special, it's run by a far left commie, so much respect to these Canadians, it's not easy to stand in place knowing your going to jail, now they want to start euthanizing their pets, good pick for a PM Canada, if there's any wonder what fucking idiots that voting population is, taking peoples money, that's more bottom feeding then Biden, I always thought Canada was free, now I hope the good Canadians make it right, fascism, it's whats in Canada,

• Like 1