Canadian Patriotism???

Leykis101

38 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Finland, happiest country in the world. Fourth year running.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56457295

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/happiest-countries-in-the-world

Australia just outside Top 10.

LOL, guess they didn't get to include Victorians and New South Welshman in their survey, as they were all locked in their homes? 

2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Don't like it?
www.webjet.com.au

And what would I do with that website? Book a flight I'd inevitably be unable to board anyway? 

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Finland, happiest country in the world. Fourth year running.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56457295

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/happiest-countries-in-the-world

Australia just outside Top 10.

interesting that most of the top 10 have next to no population. 

I've always said that humans are a stain on this world.

One of the few good things about lockdown was less people and less interactions 😉👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Glen said:

interesting that most of the top 10 have next to no population. 

I've always said that humans are a stain on this world.

Couldn't agree more. And I'm not saying this is what I'm saying personally, but one might say - not me, of course - that the "pandemic" could have done a much better job at addressing this issue.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 11:56 PM, auslander said:

True Aussies don't bend over, drop their dacks, and ask authority to give it to them good.

Really?
That's pretty much all I've seen Aussies do of late.
It's also making news around the world that we act that way.

• Haha 1

Canadians are just as patriotic as those in any other country, we are just not as in your face about it as the US is....

Canada has had to endure an idiot as their prime minister for the last 7 years and I do not agree with most of the stuff he and his party have done as he has made Canada look weak and confused most of the time....BUT I still love my country since no leader or political party truly represents the people and while complaining about them and their policies is understandable, going to the extreme of saying you hate your country because of some moronic politicians is just plain ridiculous IMO....if you truly hate your country because of the fools in charge then maybe you should move somewhere else and see if you are better off....politicians come and go but love of country should remain forever....

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Canadians are just as patriotic as those in any other country, we are just not as in your face about it as the US is....

Canada has had to endure an idiot as their prime minister for the last 7 years and I do not agree with most of the stuff he and his party have done as he has made Canada look weak and confused most of the time....BUT I still love my country since no leader or political party truly represents the people and while complaining about them and their policies is understandable, going to the extreme of saying you hate your country because of some moronic politicians is just plain ridiculous IMO....if you truly hate your country because of the fools in charge then maybe you should move somewhere else and see if you are better off....politicians come and go but love of country should remain forever....

Well said 👏 

My hatred for what Australia has become is like Dokken's 'Shadowlife.' Before that album, Dokken were one of the best bands in the world and although that album was atrocious, they got past it and continued to make kind of okay-ish, kind of albums. 

Australia was a magnificent country and I still have hopes that it will be okay again (though I honestly believe it will never be the same). 

But on Monday morning, like I have every week day for the last two years, I will risk a $500 fine for the mere act of going to work. I start every single weekday feeling uneasy, constantly looking around me in case some cunt is going to steal my week's earnings for not wearing a mask in a 95%+ vaccinated country. This happens every morning, and every afternoon. And the best memories I have are of holidays with my children, one of which we've not had since October 2019, and I have no intention of ever booking one again until I can book one with confidence that it will actually occur. 

I've never said the grass is greener on the other side, but I can't just sit here like a gump and say "I love Australia" out of some stupid obligation. I actually really dislike that obligatory, obedient, blind patriotism, to be honest. It's been a great country and it may be a good country again, but if I see a spade I'll call it a spade. This country (like, I'm sure many others around the world), is not a great place at the moment (and not just for those two reasons, obviously). 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

My hatred for what Australia has become is like Dokken's 'Shadowlife.' Before that album, Dokken were one of the best bands in the world and although that album was atrocious, they got past it and continued to make kind of okay-ish, kind of albums. 

Australia was a magnificent country and I still have hopes that it will be okay again (though I honestly believe it will never be the same). 

But on Monday morning, like I have every week day for the last two years, I will risk a $500 fine for the mere act of going to work. I start every single weekday feeling uneasy, constantly looking around me in case some cunt is going to steal my week's earnings for not wearing a mask in a 95%+ vaccinated country. This happens every morning, and every afternoon. And the best memories I have are of holidays with my children, one of which we've not had since October 2019, and I have no intention of ever booking one again until I can book one with confidence that it will actually occur. 

I've never said the grass is greener on the other side, but I can't just sit here like a gump and say "I love Australia" out of some stupid obligation. I actually really dislike that obligatory, obedient, blind patriotism, to be honest. It's been a great country and it may be a good country again, but if I see a spade I'll call it a spade. This country (like, I'm sure many others around the world), is not a great place at the moment (and not just for those two reasons, obviously). 

so you basically hate your government not your country.

Vote the fuckers out then. 

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Thats what patriotism is bro, the Aussies who want they're country back, ultimately they will probably have to revolt at the ballad box, but if shit does go down, patriotism is love for your country, if the governments trying to turn it into a commie shack, I don't imagine the good people of Australia would let that go down, nobody can convince me they would just go out without a fight.

• Like 1

And on Que the Canadian military has rejected the fags orders to move in on the truckers, they told him he needed to find someone else to take care of that shit, cause they aint doing it, LOL, I'm truly on the Canadian band wagon, they orchestrating this entire thing to perfection, every little thing that could go sideways and fuck it up for them, they got that all covered, the medias blowing their top cause they got nothing on this convoy, no dirt, no shit, everything by the letter of the law.

3 hours ago, Glen said:

so you basically hate your government not your country.

Vote the fuckers out then. 

You are, of course, correct. I love the Australian landscape and photograph it frequently, and surf on it's magnificent (if not entirely overcrowded) beaches. The natural beauty of Australia hasn't changed, but yes, I do despise how it is being governed. And I don't even say that all-encompassingly. Everything else is what it is, just purely the covid response that seems like it will never end, and continues to infiltrate almost every single part of our lifestyle. 

I don't want to get into all of this, but if only it was as simple as voting them out. I will, as always, vote for an independent party which shares a similar outlook to mine. There are a handful of them and the thing they all have in common is that they will never, ever have majority control in Australia. It is a two horse race here and either we put up with the fuckers we have now for another term, or, much more likely, the Labor Party wins. I have little doubt that the morons of Australia will vote them in because I don't think anyone anymore likes the current government. What I don't think fuckers realise is that they're going to vote out the party that is the reason we got any pathetic type of "freedom" restored. If we were under Labor we'd all still be in lockdown (possibly chained to our beds by now), like WA, and would never come out of it. I wouldn't put more lockdowns past a Labor government, not for one second. I think we can all agree that the Liberal Government's covid response has been fucking horrendous. But if anyone's sitting there thinking Labor would have done it better they have a concaved head. 

Sadly, we're stuck with two terrible options and I have a feeling that as we endure the less terrible option, we're about to experience the more terrible option very soon.  

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Geoff said:

You are, of course, correct. I love the Australian landscape and photograph it frequently, and surf on it's magnificent (if not entirely overcrowded) beaches. The natural beauty of Australia hasn't changed, but yes, I do despise how it is being governed. And I don't even say that all-encompassingly. Everything else is what it is, just purely the covid response that seems like it will never end, and continues to infiltrate almost every single part of our lifestyle. 

I don't want to get into all of this, but if only it was as simple as voting them out. I will, as always, vote for an independent party which shares a similar outlook to mine. There are a handful of them and the thing they all have in common is that they will never, ever have majority control in Australia. It is a two horse race here and either we put up with the fuckers we have now for another term, or, much more likely, the Labor Party wins. I have little doubt that the morons of Australia will vote them in because I don't think anyone anymore likes the current government. What I don't think fuckers realise is that they're going to vote out the party that is the reason we got any pathetic type of "freedom" restored. If we were under Labor we'd all still be in lockdown (possibly chained to our beds by now), like WA, and would never come out of it. I wouldn't put more lockdowns past a Labor government, not for one second. I think we can all agree that the Liberal Government's covid response has been fucking horrendous. But if anyone's sitting there thinking Labor would have done it better they have a concaved head. 

Sadly, we're stuck with two terrible options and I have a feeling that as we endure the less terrible option, we're about to experience the more terrible option very soon.  

That's the problem with a two party system. 

Same shit, different bucket.

On the subject of Patriotism, I think being overly critical on the state of ones country and it's Government is the epitome of Patriotism. 

It's good to see that Canadians seem to have the support of the Military.

Throughout history, Civil unrest, protests and Government upheaval have come to nothing without Military support.

Just ask the OG JC.

Unfortunately, at the moment down here, the Military and the Police Force are toeing the party line. 

The surreal experience of going through checkpoints on my way home from work manned by Police Officers and Soldiers requesting my official work permit and proof of address at the beginning of this shit will always stay with me.

Edited by Darkstone

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

That's the problem with a two party system. 

Same shit, different bucket.

On the subject of Patriotism, I think being overly critical on the state of ones country and it's Government is the epitome of Patriotism. 

It's good to see that Canadians seem to have the support of the Military.

Throughout history, Civil unrest, protests and Government upheaval have come to nothing without Military support.

Just ask the OG JC.

Unfortunately, at the moment down here, the Military and the Police Force are toeing the party line. 

The surreal experience of going through checkpoints on my way home from work manned by Police Officers and Soldiers requesting my official work permit and proof of address at the beginning of this shit will always stay with me.

Yeah bro that's scary, they seemed to have recruited the perfect class of droids, lemmings on an unheard of scale, they weeded out all the patriots, cause if their were some patriots in there, they wouldn't be yes man's there would be some unrest, and the Patriots would be convincing everyone in the military why it's time to stand down, that's scary bro, that's really scary.

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

yeah it's not great. we are lucky in as much as we have a fairly right wing government who have pretty successful in balancing the health risk with the economy and err common sense.

;)

17 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

People have short memories about Canada. Yeah I know the US mocks Canada but the Commonwealth knows how fucking ferocious the Canadian is in a fight. Aussies and Canadians were always used as the shock troops in the world wars. I reckon Canadians probably have more in common with us Aussies than they do with their Southern neighbours. Except French Canadians. I don't know what their story is and I don't really want to know. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, auslander said:

I said TRUE Aussies

Silly statement.

17 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Sounds like you are pretty much in the same boat as us.

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

I've never said the grass is greener on the other side, but I can't just sit here like a gump and say "I love Australia" out of some stupid obligation. I actually really dislike that obligatory, obedient, blind patriotism, to be honest.

You don't like what the governement had done with covid.
I'm guessing the majority of countries are in the same boat.
I see protests etc all around the world.
To think that we are exclusively worse off in any extreme sense is ignorant and uneducated.
Regardless of how I hate what has been happening here (and live in Victoria, the most locked down  and restricted place in the world) I still love my country and think of it as one of the best places in the world.
I don't say that out of patriotism, nor do I say it out of (and I know you're not going to belive this or be able to comprehend it) the media convinging me that it is.
It's not because I am obedient, or out of any obligation.
I say it because I believe it.
When I went to Torquay beach the other day, and to a local park with my dogs today, I loved every minute.
List some of the netter countries to live right now and why.

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Well you should fucking move to England then.
Become a whinging pom.
You certainly whinge enought about your country.

You'll fit right in there (no offence Glen)

26 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Whenever someone says "no offence" you know what they are saying is exactly that - something designed to insult someone. In this case it's Geoff whom you follow around on threads like he ran over your cat or something. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, auslander said:

Whenever someone says "no offence" you know what they are saying is exactly that - something designed to insult someone. In this case it's Geoff whom you follow around on threads like he ran over your cat or something. 

I was actually trying to strikethrough 'no' but I didn't look right so I gave up.
I'm sure Glen knows he's a whinging pom ;) 

Geoff actually did run over my cat.
The cat survived, but she's pissed now.
Nah, he was just being a dick misquoting me, and presenting his take on my opinions as facts incorrectly.
I'd finished mny petty bitchy jabs at him, the commets here are just general.

Maybe you're just upset that I called your statement silly and rather than address that it's easier to puch for more CTS/Geoff conflict.
I'm ok with that if that's what you want, happy to act like a 15 year old for longer :) 

15 minutes ago, auslander said:

irony is Brits never moan or winge. You've probably heard about the British stiff upper lip. Endure, accept and move on. 

I winge about some people on here cos they're,  well , idiots basically ;)

Idiots with good taste in music 🎶 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Silly statement.

Sounds like you are pretty much in the same boat as us.

You don't like what the governement had done with covid.
I'm guessing the majority of countries are in the same boat.
I see protests etc all around the world.
To think that we are exclusively worse off in any extreme sense is ignorant and uneducated.
Regardless of how I hate what has been happening here (and live in Victoria, the most locked down  and restricted place in the world) I still love my country and think of it as one of the best places in the world.
I don't say that out of patriotism, nor do I say it out of (and I know you're not going to belive this or be able to comprehend it) the media convinging me that it is.
It's not because I am obedient, or out of any obligation.
I say it because I believe it.
When I went to Torquay beach the other day, and to a local park with my dogs today, I loved every minute.
List some of the netter countries to live right now and why.

Well you should fucking move to England then.
Become a whinging pom.
You certainly whinge enought about your country.

lol. Do I actually need to quote my own posts now for you to have any chance of actually reading them?

12 hours ago, Geoff said:

I never said Australia is alone is all of this. But like I've said in other threads about other things, two wrongs don't make a right. My apologies that I'm not you, but I'm not going to sugarcoat what I don't like. I enjoyed the beach several times this weekend, and I too love it. Always have, even through lockdowns. But I wake up tomorrow morning, board a train and risk a $500 fine because I have no intention of wearing a mask in a 95% vaccinated country. And I will be constantly aware of my surrounds, feeling like I'm committing a serious crime... just because I don't want to wear a stupid fucking mask, in a 95% vaxxed country. 

12 minutes ago, Geoff said:

lol. Do I actually need to quote my own posts now for you to have any chance of actually reading them?

I never said Australia is alone is all of this. But like I've said in other threads about other things, two wrongs don't make a right. My apologies that I'm not you, but I'm not going to sugarcoat what I don't like. I enjoyed the beach several times this weekend, and I too love it. Always have, even through lockdowns. But I wake up tomorrow morning, board a train and risk a $500 fine because I have no intention of wearing a mask in a 95% vaccinated country. And I will be constantly aware of my surrounds, feeling like I'm committing a serious crime... just because I don't want to wear a stupid fucking mask, in a 95% vaxxed country. 

Big deal.
I don't wear a mask.
I carry one with me and if in the extremely unlikely event a police officer asks me why I am not wearing one I put it on.
End of the situation.
Was it you who was the cop hater? Actually I think that was Auslander. Not sure how you feel.
Anyway, I put on a mask when I went into my bank, because I wanted something from them so played the game.
I put one on entering Bunnings because theya re hard asses and it saves the problems. As soon as I was in, I took it off.
I don't like wearing them, and only do when I have to.
if I was living in fear of a fine, like you seem to be, I'd just be putting one on and dealing.
I still wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't be sooking about it.

19 minutes ago, Glen said:

irony is Brits never moan or winge. You've probably heard about the British stiff upper lip. Endure, accept and move on. 

I winge about some people on here cos they're,  well , idiots basically ;)

Idiots with good taste in music 🎶 😊

I just say whinging poms because that's a phrase that exists here.
I donubt English people sook any more or less than anyone else, but I think it's something that a REAL AUSSIE might say, so I thought I should go with it ;)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Big deal.
I don't wear a mask.
I carry one with me and if in the extremely unlikely event a police officer asks me why I am not wearing one I put it on.
End of the situation.
Was it you who was the cop hater? Actually I think that was Auslander. Not sure how you feel.
Anyway, I put on a mask when I went into my bank, because I wanted something from them so played the game.
I put one on entering Bunnings because theya re hard asses and it saves the problems. As soon as I was in, I took it off.
I don't like wearing them, and only do when I have to.
if I was living in fear of a fine, like you seem to be, I'd just be putting one on and dealing.
I still wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't be sooking about it.

I was pretty nonchalant about it all too - just put one on if a cop pointed it out, until I had some cunt police officer pull me up for not wearing one and then (correctly) assumed I'd not been wearing it on the train when he caught me on the outdoor platform. Took all my details, told me he was going to look at the vision from on the train and send out a fine if he saw I was not wearing the mask. Also informed me that I was "pissing him off" because I had my earphones in and didn't have my full attention on him from the moment he engaged with me. He was an absolute cunt, no two ways about it, but for now I still don't have the fine so I hope and assume that's the end of it. But that's still not the society I want to be a part of. 

I am not a cop hater, but my respect for police, sadly, has taken a massive hit over the last few years. And cunts like that guy do nothing to rectify matters. 

I put the mask on here and there, too, out of "fear" or obligation, but people saying we should just deal with it and not sook about it are the maggots that are ensuring that we will be forced to wear masks for as long as anyone can see. I absolutely despise that people are so okay with wearing masks and just "dealing with it."  

Doesn't the pure fucking idiocy around it all get to you? If they told you to wear a dildo on your head tomorrow because it protects brain cancer you'd just say "Uh, okay, I guess I'll just deal with it and not sook?" How stupid a thing do they need to order you to do for you to say, yeah, maybe this isn't something I should just deal with? 

3 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I put the mask on here and there, too, out of "fear" or obligation, but people saying we should just deal with it and not sook about it are the maggots that are ensuring that we will be forced to wear masks for as long as anyone can see. I absolutely despise that people are so okay with wearing masks and just "dealing with it."  

Doesn't the pure fucking idiocy around it all get to you? If they told you to wear a dildo on your head tomorrow because it protects brain cancer you'd just say "Uh, okay, I guess I'll just deal with it and not sook?" How stupid a thing do they need to order you to do for you to say, yeah, maybe this isn't something I should just deal with? 

Pretty sure you're calling me a maggot and that you despise me there.
Whatever.
Like I said, I don't like to wear it, and I rarely do. But we live in a society and I'm not going to go around bringing shit on myself.
No. it doesn't get to me, there always have been and there always will be stupid things happening in society that I don't like or agree with, you either live with it, or become an activist.
So I guess that's what you are of sorts.
I think smoking should be outlawed.
I don't agree with mandatory voting in elections
I don't agree with compulaory seatbelts or motorbike or bicycle helmets. But I wear a seatbelt, a helmet if I ride a motorbike, but not if I rise a bicycle.
I think the law and punishemnts for rape and murder should be reformed.
I think Centrelink makes it too easy for many in society to get by without doing anything.
I think we are overtaxed.
I think the petrol price should be more regulated, which is hypocritical compared to my stance of free induster and competition etc.
I think guns should stay outlawed as they are.

i could go on, but I live with and accept all that shit.
I save getting pissed off primarily for fuckhesds driving on the road.
Fortunately I work 5 minutes from home.

Dildo on my head?
Weren't you the one asccusing me of looking like a fool the other day?