Jump to content

Best songs of 2021


Recommended Posts

I was going to do a top 10 list but it was too weighted towards one band (The Broken View), so instead I decided to post my favourite songs of the year, with the one condition that only one song from each artist could feature. No point putting them in order, as it's not an accurate list, but here's more of less my favourite songs, per artist, from 2021-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Midnite City     -    Darkest Before the Dawn (can't believe there's no clip on youtube for this one)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pretty killer playlist to summarise 2021, if I do say so myself. :)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Limiting myself to 1 track from each album from my top 5 (omitting the album that is yet to be guessed)

 

 

 

And far and away my # 1 song of 2021... a definite grower and ear worm:

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • My Little Pony

Some of Geoffrey's were also my favourites, but here's a few more:

"Where the Ocean Greets the Sky" is my favourite track from the latest Arion album, but it's technically not a song, so...

 

I'll have to think of others. Much like 2020, it has been difficult to remember what occurred in 2021.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Some of Geoffrey's were also my favourites, but here's a few more:

"Where the Ocean Greets the Sky" is my favourite track from the latest Arion album, but it's technically not a song, so...

 

I'll have to think of others. Much like 2020, it has been difficult to remember what occurred in 2021.

that Levara ballad is amazing 👏 😍 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • My Little Pony
32 minutes ago, Glen said:

that Levara ballad is amazing 👏 😍 

It's constantly stuck in my head.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Some of Geoffrey's were also my favourites, but here's a few more:

"Where the Ocean Greets the Sky" is my favourite track from the latest Arion album, but it's technically not a song, so...

 

I'll have to think of others. Much like 2020, it has been difficult to remember what occurred in 2021.

I Prophecise would also be in my top 10 songs of 2021 and is probably the best song on that amazing album just edging out the title track 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Glen said:

that Levara ballad is amazing 👏 😍 

It was actually by far my favourite song on the album, but every single time 'Allow' came onto my 2022 playlist I was all like, wow, this is utterly superb. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Some of Geoffrey's were also my favourites, but here's a few more:

 

 

I'd be curious to know which ones in my playlist were in yours, as I am nosey. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Geoff said:

It was actually by far my favourite song on the album, but every single time 'Allow' came onto my 2022 playlist I was all like, wow, this is utterly superb. 

the album will be in heavy rotation for many moons to come. it's basically everything I want to hear in modern melodic rock. Such a shame the band imploded 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • My Little Pony
44 minutes ago, Glen said:

I Prophecise would also be in my top 10 songs of 2021 and is probably the best song on that amazing album just edging out the title track 

You mean "Real." I agree!

;}

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • My Little Pony
38 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I'd be curious to know which ones in my playlist were in yours, as I am nosey. 

I'm sure you are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • My Little Pony
16 minutes ago, Glen said:

Such a shame the band imploded 

Breaks my heart. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I'm sure you are. 

I said now!

4 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

You mean "Real." I agree!

;}

Yeah, I agree that you both meant 'Frequency of love' (lol, it's such a dreadful title for such an awesome song). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There were plenty but if I had to pick just 15 then... 

1. The Night Game - Magic Trick (Best song of 2021 to these ears) 

2. Lebrock - Interstellar

3. Wolfclub - Just Drive

4. Loveless - Haunting Me

5. Midnite City - Fire Inside(No video on YouTube) 

6. The Motion Epic - You're Not Ready

7. The Maine - Dirty, Pretty, Beautiful (for me the catchiest tune of the year) 

8. Grayscale - Dirty Bombs

9. At 1980 - Caroline

10. Station - Do You Really Want To Fall In Love Again

11. Chez Kane - Better Than Love

12. W.E.T. - One Final Kiss

13. Nitrate - Big City Lights

14. No Resolve - Easy On Me (Thanks to Adele 🙂

15. Vega - 2Die4

3 songs are there on Geoff's list as well. I accidentally uploaded two of those videos. What a great year anyway. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2022 at 5:34 PM, Geoff said:

I was going to do a top 10 list but it was too weighted towards one band (The Broken View), so instead I decided to post my favourite songs of the year, with the one condition that only one song from each artist could feature. No point putting them in order, as it's not an accurate list, but here's more of less my favourite songs, per artist, from 2021-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Midnite City     -    Darkest Before the Dawn (can't believe there's no clip on youtube for this one)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pretty killer playlist to summarise 2021, if I do say so myself. :)

 

Man that Osukaru track is sensational! Wasn't aware of it throughout last year. Will check out the album tonight. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I could post other songs I have loved this year, and there are many, but this one track stands above all others. It is phenomenal.  Tremonti- If Not For You.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ponen said:

Man that Osukaru track is sensational! Wasn't aware of it throughout last year. Will check out the album tonight. 

I still remember hearing that for the first time last year... Kinda like listening to Harem Scarem for the first time. Killer pure melodic rock cut. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, auslander said:

I could post other songs I have loved this year, and there are many, but this one track stands above all others. It is phenomenal.  Tremonti- If Not For You.

 

QFT.

just one of many sensational cuts on that album. 

Also the production on this album puts most others to shame. Michael Baskette is a genius imo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • 2022 HH Donation Drive

    Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2022.



    82% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Posts

    • I first heard this a few years ago, and it has probably been discussed on here before but the search function throws up everything when you search for Jani or Serial Killer. I had liked the song The one that got away on Alice Coopers Along came a spider album, and one day a few years ago I found out it was originally an unreleased Jani Lane song. Being a huge Jani fan I have just been wishing that all the unreleased stuff I have heard over the years would get a remaster and a proper release as he was one hell of a song writer and singer. This though sounds fully produced. Also found an old interview from 2010 where Jani discussed working with Alice on his (then) upcoming Welcome 2 my nightmare album, but sadly looking at the writing credits, they went in a different direction as there are no Jani writing credits. I wonder if there are any unreleased Alice Cooper songs from those writing sessions?  
    • Yeah true mine came with the card too - no. 304
    • https://open.spotify.com/track/4GgYu0tOr5uDqP5ebHmjv4?si=behDv5AlRmyt4hWbWT1YwA&utm_source=copy-link https://open.spotify.com/track/51dzx44k9pB906lAL8Ldbb?si=XoB20okrR8ehldGm7W3CLQ&utm_source=copy-link  
    • Popping back in to plug a damn fine album by a damn fine group.  Came out this Friday and I can't stop listening to it. These Swedes have been on an upward trajectory since their debut in 2017. This is already their 4th album. The last one, Rambler, was very good so I thought it would be hard to top, but they have succeeded by a considerable margin.  Black Paisley take their influences from the classic 80s hard/heavy rock genre, with a tinge of modern vibes. Guitarist Franco Santunione joined for the Rambler album and he was a real shot in the arm.  This is riffy, melodic, head bop inducing stuff.  Everything is excellent on this album, but a few songs stick out even more IMO, and they are Set Me Free, In the Night, World's Turning, Silent Asylum and Crazy.  If you haven't checked these fellas out, you really should.  I don't know how to embed Spotify or YT links, so if someone nice could help out, it would be greatly appreciated. 
    • Pretty decent... not mad about it. 
    • Nice. I like it a lot. And yeah, very good quality for a demo. 
    • Didn't know what to make of that one so I actually checked out another song from them-   So they are a rock band... just not really sure what to make of them. Sounds a bit thin, and dare I actually say it, but can something be over-produced? Not sure if that's just me listening on a laptop, though. But I'm moderately intrigued. 
    • Wow, hook line and sinker with the first song alone. Magnificent. Will check out asap. 
    • Some more tunes from the new album:                    
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.