Let the misery commence! Guess Dan's Top 5 of 2021.

Why stop an annoying tradition? Basically, the community tries to "home in" on my top 5 of 2021 and their order.

Since no one will be allowed to travel to or from Australia again... ever... the first prize of a tongue bath from Geoff will have to be done via Zoom again this year.

The contest goes like this:

1. Someone posts their guess in 1,2,3,4,5 order.

2. I reply saying how many of the 5 guessed albums are correct, and also how many are in correct spots (without stating explicitly WHICH ones are correct).

3. Next person guesses based upon prior guesses and my feedback.

4. Only one attempt per person... unless we run out of active members participating.

This year was the most difficult I can recall to choose and rank in recent memory, with more than a few albums entering and exiting my top 5 repeatedly over the last month, let alone the actual ranking. I still don't know that I'm happy with it, but it's done and I ain't changing it.

-Dan

I'll go first but I haven't really got a clue! You realise Dan that you don't often comment in album threads!!! V few clues this year.

So. pure guess:

1. WET

2. Ronnie Atkins

3. Eclipse

4. Dangerous Curves

5 Manimal

1 hour ago, auslander said:

I'll help out by guessing different bands and trying to remember when HH liked stuff...

1. Levara

2. Creye

3. Nestor

4. LeBrock

5. Vega

you got 3 out of my 5 🤣🤣👍

5. Levara

4. Ad Infinitum - Chapter II

3. King Zebra - Survivors

2. Brainstorm - Wall of Skulls

1. Beast in Black - Dark Connection

2 minutes ago, martinsane said:

One can imagine and I would agree that Eskimo Callboy will be in all 5 positions (and a few they made up, cuz they are callboys)...

Could very well be once the album drops this year... 

7 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

1 out of 5. Not in the correct position.

wait does that mean Levara is in your top 5 ?? Good man. I love that album, despite everything that happened 

8 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Okay Dan, are you saying the completed 2021 best of lists won't be released until we guess this...

...or is this a stalling tactic?

I just received 2 lists yesterday and am waiting one one last person, and then it takes time for me to format everything, so we're likely several days to a week from the form publishing anyway. I still have to craft some words for my writeup, but the decisions are made.

• Like 1

so I was prob wrong on Levara then lol. So the previous 2 each had one right which didn't cross over - god knows which ones tho. Good luck guys lol 

Edited by Glen
  • Like 1