Perfect Plan - Untitled Third Album

Tabe

From the Perfect Plan Facebook page:

Hi folks! A little update from the PP camp…happy to announce that the writing of album III is FINISHED! 🤘😀 The recording process starts in a couple of weeks and we are so excited to share the awesome songs we have done with u guys during 2022!

Am a huge fan of their first two albums so this is definitely great news!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New songs.

From Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is thrilled to announce the upcoming release of Perfect Plan's third studio album, "Brace For Impact". Over the course of their first two albums, "All Rise" and "Time For A Miracle", the Swedes have quickly established themselves as a new gold standard in not only the Scandinavian melodic rock genre, but the melodic rock genre as a whole. "Brace For Impact" does nothing to slow that momentum and fans should do exactly as the album's title says in preparation for their latest opus. 

Produced by the band, songwriting started in August 2021 for "Brace For Impact" and was wrapped up by the end of the year. The band then spent January of this year working on arrangements and pre-production work before starting the process of recording in the first week of February.

Asked about the musical direction of the album, vocalist Kent Hilli says, "Well, hard question...we didn’t think too much about that when we started writing as we want everything to come naturally to us. All we focused on and wanted to do was to write really great melodic rock songs with great riffs and melodies. But I think we have more ”rockers” on this album than before. I would say that it's melodic rock in general, but maybe slightly harder than our previous albums. But much like our second album, ”Time For A Miracle” we have a great mixture between hard rock, melodic rock, and AOR in there...and some songs even have some elements of progressive rock and some bluesier elements mixed in also. And we have just one ballad on this album. Our goal when writing an album is that it should feel like playing songs on a jukebox and I think we have succeeded with that on this album. Everything sounds like PERFECT PLAN 3.0, really! I think we have definitely pushed everything up a notch from songwriting and lyrics to arrangements and overall performance and sound. With the addition of the great Tobias Lindell who does the mixing…everything sounds really big and majestic I think!"

Sometimes the stars align and create a perfect balance of talent within a group. A band like Perfect Plan is the “perfect" (pun intended) example of that: a superb singer, a well-oiled band of experienced players, and a great songwriting talent with a knack for unforgettable melodies and driving rhythms. Add to that the right single released at the right time and Perfect Plan’s emergence as immediate rising stars on the melodic rock scene is no surprise. The song that “built” their reputation is of course the awesome “In and Out of Love,” the first single/video that kicked off the promotion of the band’s 2018 debut album “All Rise,” released on Frontiers in April of that year. The band followed their debut album with the sophomore release "Time For A Miracle" in 2020. Hyperbole aside, it was a major step forward across the board. Opting for a slightly heavier and more “in your face” sound, Perfect Plan matured and created an outstanding balance of melodies and energy, with the obvious references to the sound of the classics (think Foreigner, Survivor, The Storm, Giant, etc.) and Scandinavian AOR with a recognizable and personal feel.

So, after a stunning debut and sticking the landing with their second album, what does Perfect Plan have up their sleeve for an encore? Well, all we can say is..."Brace For Impact”!

Tracklisting:
1. Surrender
2. If Love Walks In
3. Can’t Let You Win
4. Gotta Slow Me Down
5. Stop The Bleed
6. My Angel
7. Devil’s Got The Blues
8. Bring Me A Doctor
9. Still Undefeated
10. Emelie
11. Walk Through Fire

Line-Up:
Kent Hilli - Lead vocals
Rolf Nordström - Guitar
Leif Ehlin - Keyboards
Fredrik Forsberg - Drums
Mats Byström - Bass

https://perfectplan.se

facebook

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 2

First two tracks sound like Perfect Plan to me - and that's awesome.  I like their harder-edged stuff best so hearing this album is a little harder than the first two definitely works for me.  Can't wait!

• Like 2

On 8/18/2022 at 3:22 AM, Stefan said:

That's a great song. The bridge makes it a lot more interesting, I wish more of these bands would be less afraid to write songs longer than the usual 4-4:30 minutes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Listened to this once today,it'll require more spins...my initial though was it is good...but I enjoyed Time For A Miracle so much instantly...don't get me wrong there are some really good tracks on this though...tracks like "Gotta Slow Me Down","Devil's Got The Blues" & " Still Undefeated"(even though it reminds me of Europe-Little Bit Of Lovin' :) ) as I said more listens to come.

Yep..not as immediate as the first 2 but  a good album all the same. Slightly tougher sound on some songs too, which is cool

• Like 1

Yeah, agree with the above sentiments. It's a good album - these guys are one of the better bands in the genre at the moment. Strong songs and a high standard probably makes them more susceptible to high expectations, which they may not live up to entirely... but it's a very fine album of good songs.