WFT - Washington Football Team new name is... ???

heavyharmonies

Per Boomer Esiason this morning, it's the Washington Admirals. I can see it now...

"The Wathington Admiralth! A jovial band of gloriouth theamen!"

:lol:

If that is in fact the name, it's a missed opportunity, just trying to play safe. Washington Warthogs would have been awesome. As was tweeted out:

1. Good name aliteration.

2. Pays homage to the "Hogs" of Redskins yore.

3. A-10 Warthog is a bad-ass military plane.

4. Keeps the "W" on the helmet and/or alternate logos.

EzG1QDgWUAMQnl9.thumb.jpg.28bc04085cf0c9

The Washington Warthogs were a professional indoor soccer team in the Continental Indoor Soccer League (CISL) from 1994 to 1997.

Name might already be owned/trademarked.

I don't like Admirals at all. 

Edited by AlphaMale

• 2023 Gold Donors
9 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Per Boomer Esiason this morning, it's the Washington Admirals. I can see it now...

"The Wathington Admiralth! A jovial band of gloriouth theamen!"

:lol:

If that is in fact the name, it's a missed opportunity, just trying to play safe. Washington Warthogs would have been awesome. As was tweeted out:

1. Good name aliteration.

2. Pays homage to the "Hogs" of Redskins yore.

3. A-10 Warthog is a bad-ass military plane.

4. Keeps the "W" on the helmet and/or alternate logos.

EzG1QDgWUAMQnl9.thumb.jpg.28bc04085cf0c9

Back in the nineties I used to play a computer game called "A-10 Cuba". 

I've always had a soft spot for the Warthog/Tankbuster since then.

It is indeed a beast. 

• My Little Pony
On 1/5/2022 at 6:59 PM, Darkstone said:

For bowing to PC woke culture,

They should go with The Washington "bundles of sticks".

I think The Washington Pack o' Smokes has a better ring to it. 

;}

• Like 1

SMH.

I mean really, what the absolute fuck. The Admirals? FFS "The Football Team" was better and made more sense.

What does a governmental created federal district using land given from Maryland and Virginia have to do with the Navy? Are the other armed force branches going to protest the name now? Will all the "admirals" get woke and protest the new name along the same lines as all the "redskins"?

And I thought the "Houston Texans" was an idiotic name, but...

Good fucking grief.

My dislike for football (especially Goodell and his ruining of the sport) has been growing year after year and this shit exacerbates that hatred for sure.

• Like 1

The Washington Simps, the Washington pussys, Washington sell outs, PC Washington bitches, Washington ass pounders, Washington irrelevants, washington liberals, that's 2 names Washington has changed for it's sports teams, maybe they should just get rid of their teams, plenty of other places would die for a team, and not make an embarrassment out of them, Seattle could use the Supersonics back, and who will miss the Bullets?

• 2023 Gold Donors

The NFL has been persona-non-grata to me ever since they started pulling all their kneeling and BLM sh!t...on top of that you can't even watch a freaking commercial on an NFL broadcast these days without having the "urban experience" being crammed down your throat...you'd think these morons would know who their fanbase is after all these years but they don't or they just plain don't give a f__k.

Screw the NFL....

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

The Washington Simps, the Washington pussys, Washington sell outs, PC Washington bitches, Washington ass pounders, Washington irrelevants, washington liberals, that's 2 names Washington has changed for it's sports teams, maybe they should just get rid of their teams, plenty of other places would die for a team, and not make an embarrassment out of them, Seattle could use the Supersonics back, and who will miss the Bullets?

Shhhh, you can't say bullets anymore. That name will soon be changing as "bullets" are so aggro and are tailored to a tyrannical audience of Chads...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, martinsane said:

Shhhh, you can't say bullets anymore. That name will soon be changing as "bullets" are so aggro and are tailored to a tyrannical audience of Chads...

I believe the technical term is now "pointy boom-stick thingies."

• Haha 2

In my lifetime the NFL has gone from something I lived for 2nd only to MLB to a complete fag getto celebration of the low class low brow geto crew, or modern day hip hop, last time I went to a Bucs game which was in 2017, I was blown away by the fact it was still a mostly white affair, I wouldve never guessed that by the way they represent themselves, on top of the fact they show 40 fucking minute commercial blocks, have eliminated all the hard hitting, im sorry but these are big boys, they know what their getting into, if they want to Chuck Cecil somebody they should be able to, I know it would regain my interest, football is one step away from bra and panties with flags, fucking pathetic.

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

In my lifetime the NFL has gone from something I lived for 2nd only to MLB to a complete fag getto celebration of the low class low brow geto crew, or modern day hip hop, last time I went to a Bucs game which was in 2017, I was blown away by the fact it was still a mostly white affair, I wouldve never guessed that by the way they represent themselves, on top of the fact they show 40 fucking minute commercial blocks, have eliminated all the hard hitting, im sorry but these are big boys, they know what their getting into, if they want to Chuck Cecil somebody they should be able to, I know it would regain my interest, football is one step away from bra and panties with flags, fucking pathetic.

I had to look up Chuck Cecil.

There were a lot of cheap shots.

Cheap shots while wearing full padding and a helmet mind you.

Down here he would be known as a "grub".

Edited by Darkstone

45 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I had to look up Chuck Cecil.

There were a lot of cheap shots.

Cheap shots while wearing full padding and a helmet mind you.

Down here he would be known as a "grub".

You ever been hit it pads and a helmet? there's a reason they could be so brutal, trust me those pads and helmet only make sure your chances of being killed or paralyzed are less likely, they are a huge incentive to be more reckless and unhinged then they would if they weren't wearing them, don't ever kid yourself. BTW those weren't cheap shots, it was perfectly legal when he played.

• 2023 Gold Donors
7 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

You ever been hit it pads and a helmet? there's a reason they could be so brutal, trust me those pads and helmet only make sure your chances of being killed or paralyzed are less likely, they are a huge incentive to be more reckless and unhinged then they would if they weren't wearing them, don't ever kid yourself. BTW those weren't cheap shots, it was perfectly legal when he played.

Hmmm... I not convinced of any of that.

• 2023 Gold Donors
9 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

You ever been hit it pads and a helmet?

I'm not doubting that would not be pleasant, especially when you don't see it coming.

I just question the hardness of a player fully decked out in that gear who delivers the cheap shots.

Not to thread highjack but to springboard off of the @Leykis101 and @Darkstone brutality of the sport tangent, we have (and sure for some good reasons taken to far) to the point where the game is glorified 2 hand touch and players are on the field second guessing their every move and motive for fear of being flagged for doing what they are being coached and paid to do.

As I have said and some have echoed the game is going to shit and we have Goodell and his issues to thank for it. For example some may recall Goodell giving himself a ridiculous raise a few years back which included health care and other spoils of his current position for himself and his family for their LIVES! Even if he is no longer in his position. FFS the players can't get any sort of aid when they get broken and can no longer play, unlike if any of us get hurt on the job some form of L&I would begin.

And don't even get me started on how he has single handedly paused (for no reason) games so they all align for ad breaks. It is fucking unreal. I love the game and go to lengths to watch as many games on the weekend as possible and it is creepy weird, some X-Files BS when (and I'm talking 4 or 5 "live" sporting events, across the continental US) go to TV timeout simultaneously. I've seen some games where its 2nd down, the team runs a play, no penalty, no injury, time still on the clock, no timeout and the players just stand there and after 10 seconds (sometimes) a commercial just starts. 

Sorry carryon and again the new Washington Redskins name of the Admirals is DaF.

Please send me any and all Redskins and Washington Football Team swag you don't want. I will cherish them like my St Louis Rams and San Diego Chargers shirts.

Also, take those stupid numbers off the Brownies helmets. Fuck off. Why'd we do that?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I'm not doubting that would not be pleasant, especially when you don't see it coming.

I just question the hardness of a player fully decked out in that gear who delivers the cheap shots.

I have a new goal for Dusty, I assume you played Rugby, b4 I die I want to get Dusty into pads and a helmet to show him there's a huge difference between the 2, and your just gonna have to believe me, my time playing Rugby, which was only 5 months, was much more enjoyable because I didn't have to wear all that gear, it was extremely frustrating learning Rugby after playing football my entire youth, I liken it to fighting, I'm sure you've boxed and fist fought b4, so you know those boxing gloves don't make a windmill feel much different, but your jaw isn't shattered after you take the hit.

7 hours ago, martinsane said:

Not to thread highjack but to springboard off of the @Leykis101 and @Darkstone brutality of the sport tangent, we have (and sure for some good reasons taken to far) to the point where the game is glorified 2 hand touch and players are on the field second guessing their every move and motive for fear of being flagged for doing what they are being coached and paid to do.

As I have said and some have echoed the game is going to shit and we have Goodell and his issues to thank for it. For example some may recall Goodell giving himself a ridiculous raise a few years back which included health care and other spoils of his current position for himself and his family for their LIVES! Even if he is no longer in his position. FFS the players can't get any sort of aid when they get broken and can no longer play, unlike if any of us get hurt on the job some form of L&I would begin.

And don't even get me started on how he has single handedly paused (for no reason) games so they all align for ad breaks. It is fucking unreal. I love the game and go to lengths to watch as many games on the weekend as possible and it is creepy weird, some X-Files BS when (and I'm talking 4 or 5 "live" sporting events, across the continental US) go to TV timeout simultaneously. I've seen some games where its 2nd down, the team runs a play, no penalty, no injury, time still on the clock, no timeout and the players just stand there and after 10 seconds (sometimes) a commercial just starts. 

Sorry carryon and again the new Washington Redskins name of the Admirals is DaF.

Please send me any and all Redskins and Washington Football Team swag you don't want. I will cherish them like my St Louis Rams and San Diego Chargers shirts.

Also, take those stupid numbers off the Brownies helmets. Fuck off. Why'd we do that?

Yep it's gonna soon be the Washington Ass Pounders vs San Fagcisco Salad Tossers

Edited by Leykis101

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

I have a new goal for Dusty, I assume you played Rugby, b4 I die I want to get Dusty into pads and a helmet to show him there's a huge difference between the 2, and your just gonna have to believe me, my time playing Rugby, which was only 5 months, was much more enjoyable because I didn't have to wear all that gear, it was extremely frustrating learning Rugby after playing football my entire youth, I liken it to fighting, I'm sure you've boxed and fist fought b4, so you know those boxing gloves don't make a windmill feel much different, but your jaw isn't shattered after you take the hit.

You assume wrong my friend.

Being a Victorian, I grew up playing Aussie Rules.

On 1/8/2022 at 7:03 PM, Darkstone said:

You assume wrong my friend.

Being a Victorian, I grew up playing Aussie Rules.

No I said I assume you played Rugby

• 4 weeks later...

Washington Commanders. Fitting, given how Washington (and particularly the current administration) wants to command how people live their lives.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33199548/washington-selects-commanders-new-team-name-two-season-search

• Like 1