Jump to content

Cover Songs that slay the original


AlphaMale
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just off the top of my head, The Power Station's (Andy Taylor and Robert Palmer) version of T-Rex's "Bang a Gong (Get it On)."  Although I do respect the great work of Marc Bolan.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2022 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, Doug said:

Just off the top of my head, The Power Station's (Andy Taylor and Robert Palmer) version of T-Rex's "Bang a Gong (Get it On)."  Although I do respect the great work of Marc Bolan.

"T-Rex" is great. 

We owe a lot to Marc Bolan when it comes to our music. 

Another one taken tragically early.

BTW Doug,

Are you the same Doug who posts comments regularly on the main site?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Darkstone said:

"T-Rex" is great. 

We owe a lot to Marc Bolan when it comes to our music. 

Another one taken tragically early.

BTW Doug,

Are you the same Doug who posts comments regularly on the main site?

 

 

Yes. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2022 Gold Donors
44 minutes ago, Doug said:

Yes. :) 

I thought so.

Great to see someone from the main site over here.

I've discovered some great stuff  thanks to your comments

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2022 Gold Donors

"Rock 'n' Roll Outlaw" by "Rose Tattoo" is a great track, but the "KEEL" cover from the soundtrack to the great 80s movie "Dudes", is right up there with my favourite covers. 

As good as the original is, I think the cover slays it.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Darkstone said:

"Rock 'n' Roll Outlaw" by "Rose Tattoo" is a great track, but the "KEEL" cover from the soundtrack to the great 80s movie "Dudes", is right up there with my favourite covers. 

As good as the original is, I think the cover slays it.

 

 

 

Keel had a good run with cover choices. I thought their Patti Smith cover was a smokin' rendition too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2022 Gold Donors
9 hours ago, auslander said:

Keel had a good run with cover choices. I thought their Patti Smith cover was a smokin' rendition too.

Their version was okay, but i've never been a fan of that song.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Their version was okay, but i've never been a fan of that song.

I like the original of that just a tad better but "Because The Night" is a weak song overall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2022 Gold Donors
Posted (edited)

Here's an interesting one.

The 1969 Jose Feliciano track "Rain" is a great track, albiet with an awkward and shit bridge.

In 2007 the Israeli band "Metal scent" recorded this KILLER version on their debut and wisely left out the bridge.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Darkstone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2022 Gold Donors
Posted (edited)

"Word Up" by Cameo is a Pop classic.

This Rock version by GUN slays it though IMO.

 

 

Edited by Darkstone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.