What 2022 releases are you most looking forward to hearing?

auslander

2 hours ago, Nick C said:

As stated right at the start the new P.Tree - pre-ordered already, I won't even listen to the track that has already been released as I don't want any spoilers.

It's big news for prog fans! Hopefully it sounds nothing at all like Steven Wilson's last solo album.

25 minutes ago, auslander said:

They've had more singers than Spinal Tap have had drummers. 

They also many labels changes.

The next one is going through Golden Robot Records.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Finally had a chance to check out what's upcoming (in the first half of the year at least).

In no particular order:

Tony Martin, Giant, The Ferrymen, Vassi/Katsionis, Ten, DeVicious, Reckless Love, Battle Beast, Dynazty, Star One, Lionville, Girish and the Chronicles, Lana Lane, Serious Black, Ronnie Atkins, Lonerider.

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Two I am most looking forward to don't belong in this forum. Bloodywood and Eskimo Callboy.

See my list above. The forthcoming Eskimo Callboy album is high up on my most-anticipated list. Sure, it's not in a genre specifically supported by HH, but it's musically good and creatively stuperb, especially given the video content. There's a reason they've gone viral.

• Like 1

Kissin Dynamite and Shiraz Lane are my top 2 I'm looking forward to.

Degreed is up there, as is HEAT.  Not really sure about HEAT....Will be very interesting to hear how they sound with Kenny.  The tidbit they teased in a recent video sounds pretty good.

Also might be new Defiants this year from the sounds of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

See my list above. The forthcoming Eskimo Callboy album is high up on my most-anticipated list. Sure, it's not in a genre specifically supported by HH, but it's musically good and creatively stuperb, especially given the video content. There's a reason they've gone viral.

Only discovered them a few months ago when the We got the moves video was somehow recommended to me on YouTube, and the image of the bowl cuts had me intrigued. Loved the song so much I went back and checked out Hypa Hypa and loved that too. Pump it just cemented it for me. Not sure the pre Nico stuff is gonna be essential for me, but I went and bought the MMXX EP (the extended version with the covers by other bands), have bought the two digital singles and eagerly await the album. Not bad for a band that I only just found out about late last year.

I hate harsh vocals, hate dance music and tolerate Euro pop, but they somehow mix all of this together and come up with something I cannot get enough of.

• 4 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony
3 hours ago, tobi is an animal said:
Avantasia
Threshold
Kamelot
Battle Beast
Blind Guardian
Harem Scarem 
Elvenking
Amaranthe
Shinedown