Jump to content

Singer vs Singer Vol. 3


Singer vs Singer  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Darkstone said:

#2 was a hard choice.

#12 was a no brainer.

 

I haven't voted yet but regarding #2 I'd go JSS. 

If it was Mark Free the outcome might be different 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2022 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, Glen said:

I saw Marcie at Firefest singing songs from the debut. Err no. Not for me

I guess I based my votes on the Artist's body of work rather than how they sound now.

I can guarantee you that right now as we speak, I'm a better singer than Elvis Presley.  ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

I guess I based my votes on the Artist's body of work rather than how they sound now.

I can guarantee you that right now as we speak, I'm a better singer than Elvis Presley.  ;)

true but he put Marcie Free so I have to base it on Marcie's body of work not Mark's.

The 2 bodies of work are very different in my opinion. Like 2 different artists 

And more importantly 2 different voices 

tbh I would probably have chosen JSS in any case. 

Edited by Glen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2022 Gold Donors
23 minutes ago, Glen said:

tbh I would probably have chosen JSS in any case. 

Yeah, it would have been JSS either way for me also.

When it comes to "body of work" there aren't too many that can compete with Jeff*. 

 *(correct spelling BTW).

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Illious > Slaughter. Much as I love Slaughter, I couldn't say I think much of his voice, lol. Love prime XYZ and the vocals that went with it.

2. Free > JSS. I'm taking into consideration the posts since, and basing this on Mark Free's voice, which I absolutely love/d. Much as I love JSS, I think I've mentioned before I'm not actually a particular fan of his vocals individually. 

3. Yamada > the other guy. I honestly don't know, but that dude had a bit more edge on the EZO album... I think. 

4. Leven > Ellis. How on earth did Ellis get two votes, lol. 

5. Ford > Steele. Tricky one, kind of a coin toss. I think I prefer the more lady-like Lita. 

6. Harte > Walker. On a pure vocal level, I've have to go with Harte though if I'm being honest, neither are exceptional vocalists. ;)

7. Ernlund > Atkins. This was probably the toughest of all three contests so far. These are two of my all-time favourite bands and I love both vocalists. It's actually a bit 50/50 for me. I much prefer early Ernlund to Atkins, and I honestly believe Atkins got better with age, and I prefer more recent Atkins to Ernlund quite comfortably. So flip a coin, but if I'm stacking up 'Organized Crime' against 'Jump the Gun' I think I'd go with Ernlud... I think?

8. Lawless > Dubrow. Easy one. Don't care much for DuBrow's voice and Blackie can be rough as cut balls, but he scrubs up pretty well on those ballads. 

9. Martenson > Ollie. Another tough one. Could probably go either way too, but I'll go with Martensson. 

10.  Stanley > Simmons.

11. Rachelle > Cherone. Kind of went a little against my strategy on this one. I think Cherone probably has the much better voice, technically, but I prefer Rachelle's body of work by such a distance I couldn't make any other pick. I like Rachelle's voice on early work, but his voice aged poorly. 

12. Vaughn > James. Surprised to see a couple of James votes, but for me it's Vaughn by a bit of a stretch. 

Edited by Geoff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

1. Illious > Slaughter. Much as I love Slaughter, I couldn't say I think much of his voice, lol. Love prime XYZ and the vocals that went with it.

2. Free > JSS. I'm taking into consideration the posts since, and basing this on Mark Free's voice, which I absolutely love/d. Much as I love JSS, I think I've mentioned before I'm not actually a particular fan of his vocals individually. 

3. Yamada > the other guy. I honestly don't know, but that dude had a bit more edge on the EZO album... I think. 

4. Leven > Ellis. How on earth did Ellis get two votes, lol. 

5. Ford > Steele. Tricky one, kind of a coin toss. I think I prefer the more lady-like Lita. 

6. Harte > Walker. On a pure vocal level, I've have to go with Harte though if I'm being honest, neither are exceptional vocalists. ;)

7. Ernlund > Atkins. This was probably the toughest of all three contests after. These are two of my all-time favourite bands and I love both vocalists. It's actually a bit 50/50 for me. I much prefer early Ernlund to Atkins, and I honestly believe Atkins got better with age, and I prefer more recent Atkins to Ernlund quite comfortably. So flip a coin, but if I'm stacking up 'Organized Crime' against 'Jump the Gun' I think I'd go with Ernlud... I think?

8. Lawless > Dubrow. Easy one. Don't care much for DuBrow's voice and Blackie can be rough as cut balls, but he scrubs up pretty well on those ballads. 

9. Martenson > Ollie. Another tough one. Could probably go either way too, but I'll go with Martensson. 

10.  Stanley > Simmons.

11. Rachelle > Cherone. Kind of went a little against my strategy on this one. I think Cherone probably has the much better voice, technically, but I prefer Rachelle's body of walk by such a distance I couldn't make any other pick. I like Rachelle's voice on early work, but his voice aged poorly. 

12. Vaughn > James. Surprised to see a couple of James votes, but for me it's Vaughn by a bit of a stretch. 

I love how you explained each choice. Adds substance.

These threads are fun. Some are way overthinking. LOL

Thread 4 coming soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.