Zadra - Guiding Star

Stefan

ZADRA-cover.jpg

From Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is thrilled to welcome ZADRA to the roster. Zadra is a continuation of the label's relationship with the talented guitarist/vocalist August Zadra, who the label has worked with as a member of Waiting For Monday and Dennis DeYoung's band. Zadra’s debut album, “Guiding Star” is the start of a new band centered around the talents of August, a Los Angeles based singer and guitarist.

“Guiding Star” is a compelling collection of hard hitting rock songs and ballads that feature his powerful and emotional vocals as well as his fiery guitar playing. The album was produced by the multi-talented Alessandro Del Vecchio (who added multiple instrumental and songwriting contributions) and features Jeff Scott Soto (background vocals and a songwriting contribution on “Take My Hand"), Dennis DeYoung (keyboard solo on “Take My Hand”), Jelly Cardarelli (drums), Jimmy Leahey (acoustic guitars on “A Matter of Yesterday”), Andrea Seveso (additional rhythm guitars on “Won’t Let Your Love Take Me Down”), Martin Jepsen Andersen (who contributed to the songwriting and additional rhythm guitars on “Escape The Rain”), and Guillermo De Medio, Pete Alpenborg, and Jan Akesson (who all contributed to the songwriting and additional keyboards as well).

August Zadra is best known for his touring and recording as a member of Dennis DeYoung's solo band since 2010. August has also written, recorded, or performed with several esteemed and much loved artists over the years including Jeff Scott Soto, Nuno Bettencourt, Robin Zander, Jim Peterik, and more. In 2020, the band he formed with vocalist Rudy Cardenas, Waiting for Monday, released their critically acclaimed debut album on the Frontiers. Also in 2020 and in 2021, he contributed backing vocals and guitars to Dennis DeYoung's highly praised final studio albums, "26 East, Vol. 1" and "26 East, Vol. 2", respectively. His passionate, high energy performances have been admired by fans, press, and other musicians around the world.  His joyful spirit and love of music are infectiously entertaining and delivered with a balance of flash and substance. 

Tracklisting:
1.    Come Together
2.    Nothing More To Say
3.    Ship Of Fools
4.    Come Back To Me
5.    Escape The Rain
6.    A Matter Of Yesterday
7.    I’ll Meet You In Heaven
8.    Take My Hand
9.    Dream Of You
10.    Won’t Let Your Love Take Me Down
11.    Rise From The Fire

Line-Up:
August Zadra - vocals, backing vocals, guitars
Jeff Scott Soto – backing vocals on all songs except “Come Back to Me”
Alessandro Del Vecchio - bass, keyboards, backing vocals, additional rhythm guitars on “Won’t Let Your  Love Take Me Down”
Dennis DeYoung – keyboard solo on “Take My Hand”
Jelly Cardarelli - drums
Jimmy Leahey – acoustic guitars on “A Matter of Yesterday”
Andrea Seveso - additional rhythm guitars on “Won’t Let Your Love Take Me Down”
Martin Jepsen Andersen - additional rhythm guitars on “Escape The Rain”
Additional keyboards: Guillermo De Medio, Pete Alpenborg and Jan Akesson

facebook

Edited by Stefan

Ok band name.

edit: There's a Zadra in the band, so ok. Good band name.

Edited by Thomas/Coastline

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Had a nice music day in work yesterday, had the workshop to myself so i hooked the phone  up to our Dewalt site radio and this was one of the albums i gave a listen to. Have to say i'm really enjoying this but is it just me or can anyone else hear a similarity between the Zadra track Come Back To Me and Tommy Shaw's Dangerous Game.

Edited by Mr.AOR