Reckless Love - Turborider

Stefan

• My Little Pony
59 minutes ago, Stefan said:

'Bark at the Moon' cover.

Ugh...

Would have been so much better with real drums. Or at least not such tinny-sounding. Electric drums can sound good. This just sounds like a track. 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Don't really like it when bands add a cover on an original album. Seems lazy to me 

I would rather have a cover on an original album than an entire album of covers. For example, "They Don't Care About Us" was a great way to round out the last Beast in Black album. Entire albums of covers just get tedious IMO.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I would rather have a cover on an original album than an entire album of covers. For example, "They Don't Care About Us" was a great way to round out the last Beast in Black album. Entire albums of covers just get tedious IMO.

I agree, for the most part. While I am a fan of a covers album, putting a single cover on an album is the better way to go as quite often it helps you get into a new album if you are unfamiliar with the rest of the songs. Familiarity of a song and seeing a band show their influences is never "lazy". Look at what a classic song Great Whites cover of Once bitten, twice shy or Quiet Riots - Cum on feel the noize, are. A single cover song on an album used to almost be a staple of our genre back in the 80s.

You want lazy, the new habit of Japanese bonus tracks being an acoustic or piano version of a song already on the album, its lazy. A live bonus track is lazy.

Worst track on the album and spoils the run. The rest is really good, 'Outrun' is a terrific track. They seem to be splitting everyone down the middle on this album, but to my ears it's not that far removed from some of the more poppy stuff that has appeared on every album thus far, although '89 Sparkle maybe pushing the limits a bit ;) 

1 hour ago, Jez said:

Worst track on the album and spoils the run. The rest is really good, 'Outrun' is a terrific track. They seem to be splitting everyone down the middle on this album, but to my ears it's not that far removed from some of the more poppy stuff that has appeared on every album thus far, although '89 Sparkle maybe pushing the limits a bit ;) 

Totally agree,its not a bad album at all...just a bit far removed from Animal Attraction et al...suppose they've just tried something different..like they sort of did on Invader...just different again

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lettard said:

Totally agree,its not a bad album at all...just a bit far removed from Animal Attraction et al...suppose they've just tried something different..like they sort of did on Invader...just different again

Yep..Certainly won't be for everyone, but i'm loving it (apart from Bark At The Moon) ;)

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, Jez said:

Glad to hear it's just the one track. I'm looking forward to listening to this in full. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got my deluxe copy a few days early and already on its third spin in a row .. absolutely loving it, including the great cover of Bark at the moon.

The boxset is only for collectors though. The box it comes in is overkill size wise as the handheld game is frikkin tiny, and the autographed post card is pretty much standard postcard size, and certificate is similar size. Box could have been at least half the size it is. Can't say I will ever even bother trying the game out, I mostly just bought this as a limited edition and for the autograph card too.

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 3/5/2022 at 12:33 PM, Jez said:

Yep could've done with out BATM but the rest of the album is KILLER!!!  As for '89 Sparkle, man what a song...KILLER!!! and that solo, so so sweet, this just screams SUMMER :dance: hell the whole album is just the perfect summer soundtrack, and summer is just around the corner.

Edited by Mr.AOR
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Glen said:

I thought release was 25.03??

It is. I assume some got advanced copies, and I ordered my copy direct from the record label website and they dispatched early, so others may have had the same luck.

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Mine arrived back in February...must have got one that fell through the net before the release date was changed...I got it from my usual supplier

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, Glen said:

My understanding is that they pushed the digital release back to 25 March, because the global shipping situation was fucked and they couldn't guarantee that the pre-ordered copies would arrive 25 February, the original date. So those pre-orders were already in transit. 

8 hours ago, Mr.AOR said:

Yep could've done with out BATM but the rest of the album is KILLER!!!  As for '89 Sparkle, man what a song...KILLER!!! and that solo, so so sweet, this just screams SUMMER :dance: hell the whole album is just the perfect summer soundtrack, and summer is just around the corner.

Great song, but gonna piss a lot of the 'Purists' off for sure ;)

4 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

My understanding is that they pushed the digital release back to 25 March, because the global shipping situation was fucked and they couldn't guarantee that the pre-ordered copies would arrive 25 February, the original date. So those pre-orders were already in transit. 

I got my Amazon order a few weeks ago, so some orders must have got through for whatever reason. Most AFM orders direct should be arriving any day now, as they are shipping now i believe

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite Reckless Love album, no doubt.

Other albums I liked a song here and there, but this, I can listen all the way through without any skips.

Yeah, it's not the usual sleazy stuff from them, but the album is a fun, retro, summer album

Have to say this album really has surprised me, to the point that every song (except the intro) has made into my playlist.

Yes I still love the first three albums more, but I think this is their most consistant album, start to finish.

And forget about the synth, Pepe still rips on the guitar.

Invader had some good moments, but was overall a patchy affair, so it's nice for them to return with such a banger of an album.

The only song I care for is Kids Of The Arcade

2 minutes ago, Mr.AOR said:

Best song on the album..KILLER!!!

Haha, I was playing this with my kids on the weekend and they enjoyed it. 

I get why not everyone is madly enthused about the album, but I dig it. 

It's just good, harmless fun and it's catchy as all heck too. Honestly, yeah, I'd prefer bigger guitars and a bit more rock element to it, but it's cool. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 10:14 AM, Glen said:

would have preferred another original track. Don't really like it when bands add a cover on an original album. Seems lazy to me 

Yeah, I always hated Queen's cover on the mighty Villain - Only Time Will Tell Ep, but above all the Purple cover on Pretty Maids' Wake Up to The Real World (particularly the way it was sandwiched between monsters Terminal Violence and the mighty closer Another Shot of Your love). On the other hand, Metallica made a fortune for being the most famous cover band...