Anybody up for some heavy shit?

Leykis101

I was in a hardcore mood today, busted out some of my old straight edge Victory Records label discs, and some my NYC Hardcore shit, do any of you even listen to any hardcore? if so im sure you know these, but these are my favorites.

Funny. I have been going through a punk/hardcore phase of late. Must be something in the ether.

I play all 3 of those bands and for obvious reasons, Snapcase and Strife are quite Suicidal influenced and Earth Crisis, well Slayer anyone?

For me this and punk and those Power Trip, Suicidal thrash crossover bands and even some of those later Victory screamo bands all kind of blend together and sound or at least according to my Spotify play well together.

Not to thread highjack but in this vein its been all about the Anti Nowhere League lately.

And speaking of Powertrip they get into the mix alot lately too:

7 minutes ago, martinsane said:

Funny. I have been going through a punk/hardcore phase of late. Must be something in the ether.

I play all 3 of those bands and for obvious reasons, Snapcase and Strife are quite Suicidal influenced and Earth Crisis, well Slayer anyone?

For me this and punk and those Power Trip, Suicidal thrash crossover bands and even some of those later Victory screamo bands all kind of blend together and sound or at least according to my Spotify play well together.

Not to thread highjack but in this vein its been all about the Anti Nowhere League lately.

And speaking of Powertrip they get into the mix alot lately too:

Love Power Trip....shame they are no more....here is a good one I just came across....

• Like 1

All 3 of those bands are early Victory releases, straightedge bands, also Integrity, One Nation, and bands like that, Anti Nowhere League are a band I heard as a boy from my cousins who actually would visit from Ireland, they always had all sorts of fucked up off punk bands that nobody around me had ever heard of, ANL, MDC(Millions of Dead Cops) UK Subs, Pussy Galore, Reverb Motherfuckers to name a few

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

All 3 of those bands are early Victory releases, straightedge bands, also Integrity, One Nation, and bands like that, Anti Nowhere League are a band I heard as a boy from my cousins who actually would visit from Ireland, they always had all sorts of fucked up off punk bands that nobody around me had ever heard of, ANL, MDC(Millions of Dead Cops) UK Subs, Pussy Galore, Reverb Motherfuckers to name a few

Yep it is interesting watching the evolution of Victory records.

As for those "fucked up" punk bands that has been my ear candy the last month, can't stop listening for some reason. Maybe a sign?

49 minutes ago, martinsane said:

Yep it is interesting watching the evolution of Victory records.

As for those "fucked up" punk bands that has been my ear candy the last month, can't stop listening for some reason. Maybe a sign?

No I like that shit, gutter punk is the best kind, I just mean a lot of those UK early 80s punk bands were an acquired taste, some of that shit sounded like they recorded it in the garage on a 2 head TDK or something LOL, I wasnt really old enough to appreciate it, as I was only about 5 or 6, but the very first punk band that truly caught my ear was?? actually there was 2, the exploited and believe it or not The Slits, who I still listen to almost everyday

• 2 weeks later...