Another morning at my step dads

Leykis101

spent 8 hours going through my step dads cd's , not LP's like I usually do, but I started listening to some shit I never heard of, and I took a few tracks with me, absolutely nothing mind blowing by any means, but I just like hearing shit ive never heard of, you guys probably heard of all these bands, but all of them are brand new to me, these are just some tracks that stood out, like I said, theres nothing here everyones going to be super stoked I posted, but it's not so shitty, or I'd just not have posted it. Kapesh

I really like this band, the singer went on to front American Pearl, and I think now plays guitar for Buckcherry.

This is an older pop song, but how it never became a mega radio hit boggles my mind, I dont know shit about it, or nothing about the band that plays it, but I do know not many guitar riffs stay stuck in my head, then the next song after that's some trio who put out 1 album then disappeared off the face of the planet, nobody's even heard of them, maybe it's cause there's a bounty for Jimi Hendrix rip off bands, but they sing about fucking and doing drugs, so always a good time, I just like this song cause it's about pussy, sung in the most cryptic sense.

6 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Soul isn't even on the main site.

Good stuff.

It is now LOL

7 hours ago, Doggy said:

Soul reminds  me a lot like Cry Of Love.

Yes the vocalist played guitar  on Buckcherry's " Warpaint " album

Hey thats a pretty fucking accurate comparison, and one that instantly hit the second you said that, good call bro, I kept trying to put my finger on who they reminded me of, COL wasnt it, but the 2nd you said that, it took the place of whoever I was trying to think of.

13 minutes ago, martinsane said:

Looks like your dad raided my CD collection as I have all those albums.

Man I miss scrounging and equally miss my stuff...

Glad your finding some new music though pal.

Honestly bro there's a reason I passed over so much stuff, it wasn't cause I didn't come acrossed shit, bro there's a certain sound many many of these bands we love have that instantly shuts my interest down and my brain off, for many years I just knew the sound, I never really cared enough to label it, but now i completely can tell you what it is, to much blues, I don't like the blues guitar bro, tiny tiny amounts I can deal with, if a band can really improvise using it I will totally buy it, Tangier, a good example, to many of these hair bands tried to work blues into their style,, and I think it fucking blows, melodic rock and hair rock in my mind, they gotta have a sound, melodic rock I haven't put it together yet, I just know it when I hear it, I hear Work Of Art and I think yeah that's the sound right there, Hair rock has to shred, even if the guitars aren't prevalent in the bands sound, they have to at least carry a shredding rhythm and keep a certain pace, older Shakra, shit like that, these bands like Shag and that type of shit, they remind me of bands like Tyketto, bands who I always had to buy the disc cause I could always count on at the least 1 excellent song, but really I could never listen to the CD again after the 1st couple runs, and it seems like a lot of fucking shitty bands seem to have that blues sound, only they don't or cant do it correctly, I'm fucking weird bro, like I could never like bands like Venom cause how much blues they integrate into their sound, it just bores me, which is fucking ironic cause Jazz guitar completely stokes me and blows my mind. I'm just retarded. and Irish, and Japanese, I do know one thing, whatever it is, when I like it, i truly like it, I don't fuck around debating if I like a disc or not, even if I don't get into it the first time around, It doesn't mean I don't like it, you people would kill for my taste, hey do you guys want me to live stream myself listening to the new Crazy Lixx so you can see how a pro handles it?

10 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Honestly bro there's a reason I passed over so much stuff, it wasn't cause I didn't come acrossed shit, bro there's a certain sound many many of these bands we love have that instantly shuts my interest down and my brain off, for many years I just knew the sound, I never really cared enough to label it, but now i completely can tell you what it is, to much blues, I don't like the blues guitar bro, tiny tiny amounts I can deal with, if a band can really improvise using it I will totally buy it, Tangier, a good example, to many of these hair bands tried to work blues into their style,, and I think it fucking blows, melodic rock and hair rock in my mind, they gotta have a sound, melodic rock I haven't put it together yet, I just know it when I hear it, I hear Work Of Art and I think yeah that's the sound right there, Hair rock has to shred, even if the guitars aren't prevalent in the bands sound, they have to at least carry a shredding rhythm and keep a certain pace, older Shakra, shit like that, these bands like Shag and that type of shit, they remind me of bands like Tyketto, bands who I always had to buy the disc cause I could always count on at the least 1 excellent song, but really I could never listen to the CD again after the 1st couple runs, and it seems like a lot of fucking shitty bands seem to have that blues sound, only they don't or cant do it correctly, I'm fucking weird bro, like I could never like bands like Venom cause how much blues they integrate into their sound, it just bores me, which is fucking ironic cause Jazz guitar completely stokes me and blows my mind. I'm just retarded. and Irish, and Japanese, I do know one thing, whatever it is, when I like it, i truly like it, I don't fuck around debating if I like a disc or not, even if I don't get into it the first time around, It doesn't mean I don't like it, you people would kill for my taste, hey do you guys want me to live stream myself listening to the new Crazy Lixx so you can see how a pro handles it?

I get it and certainly certain bands tighten the pantaloons more than others (and at certain times, as we discussed elsewhere going through a anti everything punk phase atm) and yes you are weird, but not in the "I'm in Portland so I bought a bumper sticker telling everyone I am weird so PLEASE NOTICE ME". Cuz really I am not.

And I could watch a reaction video...

• Haha 1

does anybody have Unleash The Dog on CD?

7 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

does anybody have Unleash The Dog on CD?

Is that one has title " Matter Of Time.

If it is, there is one dirt cheap on Discogs for $4 plus $16 shipping.

9 hours ago, Doggy said:

Is that one has title " Matter Of Time.

If it is, there is one dirt cheap on Discogs for $4 plus $16 shipping.

Thanks bro, didnt think to look there, muchas grassy ass

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Your Step Dad sounds like a great guy and quite the musical connoisseur. 

Nice one. 

Dude that Maison songs been stuck in my head all day, wonder who those guys are