Shiraz Lane - New Album (2022)

Aordave89

1 hour ago, lettard said:

Happy days  :) these guys just keep improving

Agree.  Heard a 30 second snippet on their FB page and already sounding excellent.

Sounds like the new album is expected early next year from what I've seen.  

7 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Agree.  Heard a 30 second snippet on their FB page and already sounding excellent.

Sounds like the new album is expected early next year from what I've seen.  

If you head over to the iTunes Store you can hear 90 seconds.. sounds excellent 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

Going to give this band another shot. I was so totally turned off by the vocals when their first EP dropped. Haven't really even bothered.

Did the vocals improve??

I'd say yes.  Think the singer has matured and gained more control.  That debut EP and even first album has some very screechy vocals.

Check songs from Carnival Days like The Crown, War of Mine, People Like Us, etc. Or check songs from Vibration like Revolution and Do You.

If you still don't like those tunes, then move on 😀

Edited by tts42572

Vibration was wonderful, 4 of 5 songs were perfect in my opinion. The only thing I noticed is that Vibration had a different, maybe better production than fake perfection. I prefer the drum sound there on vibration. What do you think?

On Carnival Days there were too many alternative or indie elements for me... Don't know if I can call it like that but there were some very modern experinents that to my ears didn't fit to their 80's rock sound.

"Do You" is an absolute killer song. While the singer is not for everyone, if the song is good/great I can get past the vocals(to a degree of course).

11 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I am going to work my way through their releases newest first. 

For Crying Out Loud and Be The Slave have their moments but it’s on Carnival Days and the Vibration EP where they really get going. Much more mature - including vocalist Hannes. One of the hottest bands in the last few years in our genre. 

Enjoy. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

SHIRAZ LANE – Forgotten Shades Of Life (2022)

AUGUST 11, 2022

SHIRAZ LANE - Forgotten Shades Of Life (2022) - full
various sources internet

Finnish rockers SHIRAZ LANE consisting of lead vocalist Hannes Kett, lead guitarist Jani Laine, rhythm guitarist Miki Kalske, bassist Joel Alex and drummer Ana Willman will be releasing their third full-length studio album ”Forgotten Shades of Life” on August 12, 2022.

The new CD combines the melodic feel and heaviness from previous albums with a fresh versatile approach from head-banging hard rock riffing to power ballads and classic rock’n’roll groove.

“Back to Life“ opens the album with a bullet of a tune – from the opening riffs you begin to experience the amazing talent that is Shiraz Lane. Thumping along Hannes demonstrates his simply stunning vocal range. The song powers along with subtle drop-offs in pace bringing back memories of Shark Island‘s “Paris Calling“.

“Maniac Dance“: provides a slightly funkier vibe, full of those great riffs, and catchy chorus this is gonna be a crowd favourite. The track heads towards a positively blues crescendo, demonstrating their ability in mixing it up but still coming back with a final blast of the infectious chorus.

“Scream“: not a new song to many but great to see it on the track listing. This song represents the demons many of us face with mental health issues. The top end of Hannes‘s vocal range is incredible in this catchy song, sorry ANTHEM… Expect this to appear on many live set lists, and that is great news for the fans.

“Forgotten Shades of Life“: the title track of the album brings us some respite with a slightly slower pace, but no less intensity. Almost a Led Zep vibe at times, but once again Shiraz pull it out the bag with this ‘lighter’, or ‘mobile phone’, in the air offering.

“Beat of Your Heart“: is a full-on 80’s hard rock ballad. Powerful lyrics, great chorus, almost dare I say Queen-esque vocal support, they have absolutely nailed this killer ballad.

“Animal“: picks up the pace again and powers us into something faster and heavier. You can’t help but bang your head to this absolute belter of a track. Dare I say there are almost early Metallica traits when Jani brings his axe to the party.

“Disconnect from the Matrix“ is another hard thumping track, once again mixing up the pace as the track progresses. This is something we’ve not heard from Shiraz before, but as the whole album is proving to be full of new ideas, it just proves that Shiraz are not afraid to break new ground, whilst keeping that catchy, thought-provoking, chorus and thumping riffs.

“Haunted House“ launches us into Southern rock sound and vibe to it. The riffs are less apparent there is a lighter feel with this tune, a little more commercial sounding to what has come before, but nonetheless the song is still catchy.

“Who’s Watching“ opens with saxophones… What? I’m now transported into a blues club as this 2-minute epilogue to “Haunted House” brings us back to earth and allows us time to take a breath. Good job as it’s getting harder to breathe. “Letter to Yourself“ is another ballad that wouldn’t go amiss on MTV back in the ’80s. Hannes‘s voice is once again demonstrated to its full in this song proving him to have one of the most incredible and unique voices and vocal ranges in the current rock scene.

“Imagination“: concludes the album and provides a 6-minute roller-coaster of varying paces and styles. All held together in true big chorus Shiraz style.

This album is another massive step forward for Shiraz Lane in their bid to stamp their authority on the current rock scene. Utilizing Hannes‘s unique vocals to the max this album offers fantastic riffs, fantastic tunes, unbelievably catchy choruses and demonstrates that Shiraz Lane continue to progress as a band.

This is a great album from a band which doesn’t repeat themselves – but still 100% Shiraz Lane, and that is a very good thing.

Highly Recommended

Tracklist:

01 – Back to Life
02 – Maniac Dance
03 – Scream
04 – Forgotten Shades of Life
05 – Beat of Your Heart
06 – Animal
07 – Disconnect from the Matrix
08 – Haunted House
09 – Who’s Watching?
10 – Letter to Yourself
11 – Imagination

lead vocals – Hannes Kett
lead guitar – Jani Laine
rhythm guitar – Miki Kalske
bass – Joel Alex
drums – Ana Willman

Pre order:
www.amazon.com/Forgotten-Shades-Life-Shiraz-Lane/dp/B0B5LYLCHZ

Cancelled my Amazon order as they said it was delayed until 21st Oct? Ordered on Discogs direct from the record company Rankakustannus & its been sent n all  :)

10 hours ago, lettard said:

Cancelled my Amazon order as they said it was delayed until 21st Oct? Ordered on Discogs direct from the record company Rankakustannus & its been sent n all  :)

I had pre ordered also on Amazon but cancelled my order.  Just not one I want to own.

Not sure what the deal is with October 21st anyways though.  Probably some kind of distribution issue with their new label 

Really not looking like it was a wise move leaving Frontiers.

17 hours ago, lettard said:

Just looked at Amazon and fuck me, not only is it delayed but they want over £20 for it.