GRANTZ - The Meaning Of Life (2021)

AlphaMale

various sources:

GRANTZ – The Meaning Of Life (2021)

NOVEMBER 6, 2021

GRANTZ - The Meaning Of Life (2021) *0dayrox Exclusive* full
HERE

Good rock music doesn’t recognize geo-location, and Brazil isn’t strange to have been delivering over the years quality, timeless AOR melodies to the world. Today BANNED WEBSITE brings to you in exclusive the debut work of GRANTZ, a pure AOR project created by singer / songwriter and musician Danilo Brandao.

Danilo is an experienced dude member of several Brazilian hard rock / metal acts (Evening Star, Arkade Lover, Trigger) and when he heard H.E.A.T’s debut album in 2008 it blow his mind. That’s was the kind of music he wanted to play, and GRANTZ born.

The project began in 2015 and while included a full band line up and did some gigs, Danilo’s whish was to develop the full thing by his own. Being an accomplished multi-instrumentalist, he performed everything on ”The Meaning Of Life”, GRANTZ’s debut. Hearing the final product it’s obvious he took all that necessary time to polish arrangements, performance and production.

”The Meaning Of Life” is a wonderful slice of classic ’80s AOR, from soaring vocals and melodic guitars to keyboard runs and ‘real’ drums.

It’s a real pleasure for BANNED WEBSITE to present this lovable piece of underground AOR, so if you love the genre you need to hear GRANTZ’s ”The Meaning Of Life” asap!

With Scandinavian new wave of Melodic Rock AOR influences, ‘Don’t Stay Away’ opens with swirling guitars, big keys and Danilo’s smooth vocals.

‘How Many Times’ is one of those classy midtempo AOR staples where keys create an atmosphere bringing to mind primo British atmospheres from the genre, while title track mix the best of both worlds, uptempo yet extremely melodious with a delicious chorus.

‘Fighting for Love’ is very keyboard driven and here some mid-Eighties American sounds appear, ‘Surrounds Me’ has strong guitars however sparkling keys turn thing very AORish not far to Greek AORsters Wild Rose.

‘True Love Don’t Make You Cry’ has an AOR ballad feel all over, with Danilo adding substance to avoid common places or sugary for this type of songs. Nice guitar solo too.

A one-man project all managed by Danilo himself and obviously on a budget, that’s not detract GRANTZ’s ”The Meaning Of Life” resulting a lovely collection of classy AOR songs.

We love ‘underground AOR / Melodic Rock’ projects like this one made from the heart, for the love of the genre. And we are here to let you know.

01 – Don’t Stay Away
02 – How Many Times
03 – The Meaning of Life
04 – Fighting for Love
05 – Surrounds Me
06 – True Love Don’t Make You Cry

Danilo Brandao: vocals, guitar, bass, synths, drums

BUY
music.amazon.com/albums/B098PLB6XQ

1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

That is actually decent stuff for a one man band...

Yeah fair play to him,thats quite good.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2021 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2021.

76% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • "Local News" doesn't even exist anymore.Right out of the gate they slam you with the Covid numbers...the body count...a clusterf__k of  negativity..maybe a little time for weather and sports and then newscast DONE! On radio - same thing  every half hour: rinse-wash-repeat.National / global depression,drug use,suicide rates still climbing....
    • As if we need something else to worry about but with overpopulation and a rapidly changing world due to climate issues..... In 2009, a patient in Japan developed a new fungal infection on their ear. The highly transmissible Candida auris fungus had been previously unknown to science (and resistant to the drugs available to treat it), but within a few years, cases started emerging in Venezuela, Iran, Russia, and South Africa. Scientists assumed that the spread was due to human travel, but when they sequenced the cases, they were surprised to find that these strains weren't closely related at all. Instead, scientists were seeing multiple, independent infections of an unknown fungal disease, emerging around the world, all at the same time. About a third of people infected with Candida auris die from the infection within 30 days, and there have now been thousands of cases in 47 countries. Some scientists think this sudden boom in global cases is a harbinger of things to come.
    • Agreed. I subbed to Russell Brand starting about 2 months ago. Yes, he's on the Left, but VERY even-handed IMO.
    • It's so hard to find unbiased info on anything these days...I just wish this virus wasn't being politicized...trust the science...once the science figures out wtf is going on which it hasn't yet....
    • Did you hear the fabled "roadmap to reopening the borders" has now been halted/delayed due the new (horrified screaming) variants? It's so predictable and the media machine are backing the states the whole way. More people at home, more people watching TV, more people buying shit from billionaires, more money for advertising, more wages for journalists , more votes for the government, more laws to control the populace. Win win win for elites.
    • This is currently the best independent media commentator on the internet. He comes from the Left, but old-school classical liberal and not the new devisive identity politics. Here he is discussing the shit going down in Australia.  
    • Gotta love the irresponsible national / global media."The new normal" for these idiots is the endless,fear mongering ritual abuse of the populace where any news on the "virus".."variants"..etc brings another flogging with the covid stick.Anyone who dares to question the over-reaching actions by government,"the science" or the asinine-repetitive-exploitive newsroom press propaganda are labeled a "conspiracy theorist"..or misinformation spreader...we've seen it all before -  try it on someone else.
    • Erik sounds good but song does little for me.  Really don't like the chorus...if you can even call that a chorus.
    • Got my refund today, fucking stupid, I was looking forward to this, oh well Loudness in March, havent seen them since 82, I was 5, my very first concert, super stoked for that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.