USA Economy !!!

nyoilers

• 3 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Here's an update :

Great jobs report for February ! Unemployment rate is at 3.8 %

If anyone owns a house go to zillow.com. My house's value is up around 30 % in the last year.

And as soon as a house hits the market it's sold !

... but if you're not looking to actually sell your house and aren't looking for a job, inflation has fucked you in the ass dry and your paycheck is worth less than its ever been, with grocery and gas prices through the roof. And politicians on both sides of the aisle are trying to push us into World War III, so yeah, things are just fucking MARVELOUS.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

... but if you're not looking to actually sell your house and aren't looking for a job, inflation has fucked you in the ass dry and your paycheck is worth less than its ever been, with grocery and gas prices through the roof. And politicians on both sides of the aisle are trying to push us into World War III, so yeah, things are just fucking MARVELOUS.

inflation is worse in UK so stop moaning (and most of eu)

And who's pushing anyone into WW3? ridiculous comment. The whole rest of the world (ex Putin) is united in trying to stop it 

Then why the fuck are you posting about the U.S. economy if you're so UK-focused? Unless you're just trolling for the hell of it. You don't see Americans posting about Boris Johnson, the Royals, or anything else in your country. So fuck off already.

You must have missed the comments from Biden about destroying the Russian economy and "punshing Putin" (which ultimately punishes the Russian people) and Lindsey Graham tweeting that someone should assassinate Putin. The American military industrial complex (BOTH Republican and Democrat) actually wants a war. They're salivating.

• Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, Glen said:

inflation is worse in UK so stop moaning (and most of eu)

And who's pushing anyone into WW3? ridiculous comment. The whole rest of the world (ex Putin) is united in trying to stop it 

Media and both parties in the U.S. are really beating the war drums.Just when the planet is winding down the over 2 year Covid-rape we've gone through,now they are pulling this sh!t again...reminds me of Iraq."Putin is a bad guy,he must be stopped"..."Saddam is evil he must be stopped"....USA is war-tired we've had it...I imagine it is the same in the UK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Then why the fuck are you posting about the U.S. economy if you're so UK-focused? Unless you're just trolling for the hell of it. You don't see Americans posting about Boris Johnson, the Royals, or anything else in your country. So fuck off already.

You must have missed the comments from Biden about destroying the Russian economy and "punshing Putin" (which ultimately punishes the Russian people) and Lindsey Graham tweeting that someone should assassinate Putin. The American military industrial complex (BOTH Republican and Democrat) actually wants a war. They're salivating.

1. Just pointing out that inflation is global and not the individual fault of any one government, unless they've all fucked up of course  🤷

2. Well if Biden is salivating then so is every other leader in the world.

I think you'll find it's actually a collective sanctions effort to quash a dictator and is supported by every NATO nation. 

3. I ain't trolling anyone. If anything you troll me as you reply without fail to my every post in these non music threads with your own point of view. Well we've all got opinions 🙄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Metal T said:

Media and both parties in the U.S. are really beating the war drums.Just when the planet is winding down the over 2 year Covid-rape we've gone through,now they are pulling this sh!t again...reminds me of Iraq."Putin is a bad guy,he must be stopped"..."Saddam is evil he must be stopped"....USA is war-tired we've had it...I imagine it is the same in the UK.

they are applying sanctions and doing everything to avoid war. 

Or do you think they should just throw the Ukrainian people to the lions? 

Edited by Glen

12 minutes ago, Glen said:

3. I ain't trolling anyone. If anything you troll me as you reply without fail to my every post in these non music threads with your own point of view. Well we've all got opinions 🙄 

Dude, this thread is about the U.S. economy, not world economy. I was responding to nyoilers, not some global or UK state of affairs. Your reply to me was a complete non sequitur, so who is stalking whom? You're the one that jumped in out of left field.

3 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Dude, this thread is about the U.S. economy, not world economy. I was responding to nyoilers, not some global or UK state of affairs. Your reply to me was a complete non sequitur, so who is stalking whom? You're the one that jumped in out of left field.

so are you saying that we can't freely post opinion on a forum? Or debate? Why can't we relate what is happening in US to what is happening in the rest of the world. Its all basically related... this IS the point here. 

42 minutes ago, Glen said:

so are you saying that we can't freely post opinion on a forum? Or debate? Why can't we relate what is happening in US to what is happening in the rest of the world. Its all basically related... this IS the point here. 

Jesus Christ, you are fucking obtuse. Go back and re-read this thread starting with nyoilers post above. The discussion (and this entire thread) is clearly within the context of the USA, until you come flying in out of left field talking about the UK, taking me to task for referencing what U.S. leaders are doing, when that is what this thread is about, not world leaders, not world economy. That isn't what I was referring to, and you would know that if you paid attention to which damned thread you were posting in.

So you decide to take things off the rails on a non-thread tangent and then get pissy about free speech?

That would make as much sense as my jumping into an Aussie thread and taking them to task and telling them their opinions are stupid based upon my experiences of what is going on in the U.S. That's fucking idiotic.

So are the majority of Americans here against helping out the Ukrainians with sanctions and arms so they can defend themselves? Especially when you consider that the West isn't risking soldiers, planes , ships etc...? I realize that the sanctions will make inflation worse and I know that my wallet is taking a battering but I still want Canada and the West to at least do something to show that they still believe in freedom and democracy.....personally I'm willing to take some financial pain in order to help out the Ukrainians especially when you remember that our politicians piss away our tax dollars on far worse shit....

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

When it comes to gas it has to be pointed out that the UK is approximately the size of Oregan.Texas is more than twice the size of the UK....size matters indeed especially when your driving somewhere and how much freaking money it takes to get there.

Thank you inflation!

37 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Jesus Christ, you are fucking obtuse. Go back and re-read this thread starting with nyoilers post above. The discussion (and this entire thread) is clearly within the context of the USA, until you come flying in out of left field talking about the UK, taking me to task for referencing what U.S. leaders are doing, when that is what this thread is about, not world leaders, not world economy. That isn't what I was referring to, and you would know that if you paid attention to which damned thread you were posting in.

So you decide to take things off the rails on a non-thread tangent and then get pissy about free speech?

That would make as much sense as my jumping into an Aussie thread and taking them to task and telling them their opinions are stupid based upon my experiences of what is going on in the U.S. That's fucking idiotic.

you do understand though that inflation is a global trend though at the moment yes? If not I give up. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
17 hours ago, Glen said:

you do understand though that inflation is a global trend though at the moment yes? If not I give up. 

I know that crude oil is a global commodity and that when economies grow so does the demand for oil and that's why the price is going up.The Russia/Ukraine war is also causing gas prices to go up.

• 2023 Gold Donors
17 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

So are the majority of Americans here against helping out the Ukrainians with sanctions and arms so they can defend themselves? Especially when you consider that the West isn't risking soldiers, planes , ships etc...? I realize that the sanctions will make inflation worse and I know that my wallet is taking a battering but I still want Canada and the West to at least do something to show that they still believe in freedom and democracy.....personally I'm willing to take some financial pain in order to help out the Ukrainians especially when you remember that our politicians piss away our tax dollars on far worse shit....

I'd say at least 90% of Americans want to help the Ukrainian people.

The issue right now is the importing of Russian oil.The USA could easily replace that amount but other countries might have an issue,especially Germany,if they decided to stop importing oil from Russia.

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 3/5/2022 at 6:07 PM, Metal T said:

Anyone who supports sending BILLIONS of U.S. tax dollars to Ukraine is a full blown imbecile.

It's going to be tens of billions($$$$$$$$$$$$) and that's only a start

Gotta keep the war machine fed. It's hungry.

And now this morning, Biden is announcing the banning of the purchase of all Russian natural resources... but we're not going to allow opening up of acquiring more resources here at home, and the Keystone pipeline isn't going to be revisited. So much for the resource-independant path that we started down under Trump, where we were exporting more than we were importing; that entire approach has been completely undone.

Only a small percentage of our oil comes from Russia, but over the next year I think we can see another buck or two higher per gallon at the pump as this is used as a means to "go greener".

So not only is inflation going higher, but the cost of petroleum-based products, e.g., plastics, etc. will also go higher in conjunction.

Hunker down folks... the financial climate for the next decade isn't going to be a good one.

• 2023 Gold Donors
36 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

And now this morning, Biden is announcing the banning of the purchase of all Russian natural resources... but we're not going to allow opening up of acquiring more resources here at home, and the Keystone pipeline isn't going to be revisited. So much for the resource-independant path that we started down under Trump, where we were exporting more than we were importing; that entire approach has been completely undone.

Only a small percentage of our oil comes from Russia, but over the next year I think we can see another buck or two higher per gallon at the pump as this is used as a means to "go greener".

So not only is inflation going higher, but the cost of petroleum-based products, e.g., plastics, etc. will also go higher in conjunction.

Hunker down folks... the financial climate for the next decade isn't going to be a good one.

Did you notice how the stock market went up right after Biden spoke ?

The financial climate is going to be a good one for some

Sure, if the one and only factor you are looking at regarding the "health" of our economy are the market indexes, ignoring inflationary impacts and other rising costs. Also, petroleum stocks are likely doing nicely; their profits will be skyrocketing.

I find it humorous that the same people who poohpoohed the stock market gains under the prior administration are now lauding it as evidence of a healthy economy. Under Trump it was evidence that the administration only benefited the 1%ers and evil corporations, but now it's somehow good for everyone? Hmmm....

Also, be careful; short-term bounce isn't the same as long-term growth or stability.

For the VAST majority of people in this country, the daily cost of living increases are going to be far more impactful than any increase in the markets.

1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

Surprisingly the GOP pushed for the ban as much as the Dems....probably so they could blame Biden for the rising gas prices...;)....the oil companies have about 9000 unused permits for drilling at the moment so maybe the oil companies need to get off their asses....of course they are enjoying the high prices so probably they are in no rush....

Edited by Dead Planet

38 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Surprisingly the GOP pushed for the ban as much as the Dems....probably so they could blame Biden for the rising gas prices...;)....the oil companies have about 9000 unused permits for drilling at the moment so maybe the oil companies need to get off their asses....of course they are enjoying the high prices so probably they are in no rush....

The problem isn't the ban in and of itself. The problem is the lack of alternatives and contingencies being voiced in conjunction with such a decision.

Be careful with that 9000 unused permits number. There are any number of reasons for a permit to be "unused", including that a permit was applied for in advance, but then testing ultimately proved that the location wasn't viable. We don't know how many of those 9000 are actively planning to be used for production.