New Horizon (Jona Tee & Erik Gronwall)

tts42572

Erik and Jona starting a new heavy/power metal band called New Horizon.  First single out November 29th with album to follow.

Personally, not sure about this as I'm not big into power metal type stuff.  But will definitely at least give this a shot.

ONA TEE AND ERIK GRÖNWALL ANNOUNCE NEW POWER METAL BAND⠀
NEW HORIZON TO RELEASE DEBUT ALBUM IN 2022⠀
Vocalist Erik Grönwall and songwriter/producer/multi-multi-instrumentalist Jona Tee, former bandmates in H.E.A.T., have announced that they are continuing their musical partnership by unleashing New Horizon, their new power metal brainchild.⠀
The seeds of NEW HORIZON were planted in Jona’s youth given that he grew up listening to (and still loves) Iron Maiden, Helloween, Hammerfall, Manowar, Edguy, and the like. Heavy metal is in his blood and New Horizon is something that is flowing through his veins and extremely close to his heart. He always dreamed of releasing his own power metal anthems one day. When asked about the sound of New Horizon, Jona Tee describes it as "a mix between classic power and heavy metal, with a touch of the 21st century.”⠀
“It felt so natural to continue working together. We have toured together pretty much all over the world and released music together for a decade. Jona is truly like my brother, by blood, and New Horizon will be the catalyst for us to release great metal together and just have fun,” says Grönwall.⠀
The duo are currently wrapping up work on their debut album and more details will be released at a later date, including the first taste of music. ⠀
In the meantime, be sure to follow New Horizon on their newly launched social media channels and be sure to follow Jona and Erik's social media for updates as well. ⠀

5 minutes ago, Aordave89 said:

Really amped for this - Huge fan of the genre and anything those 2 guys touch turns to gold. 

First single ‘We Unite’ out November 29th. 

Yeah....Looking forward to hearing it.

I have to admit that I'm not a power metal guy though and I never even visit this part of the forum lol.  I'm a melodic rock/hard rock guy in general with my tastes perfectly matched to what they were doing in HEAT.  Although, I do dig the new Wicked Smile release which is a bit like melodic metal/hard rock.  I guess that's kind of what I'm hoping for style-wise with this in that it's more like melodic metal and that it doesn't become too over the top power/speed metal or something.       

It's awesome to see Erik and Jona together again making music and I already know I definitely dig Erik's vocals so will definitely be checking this out.

• Like 1

• My Little Pony

Well, Power Metal and Speed Metal are two different things. Maybe we'll have to ease you into this "new" genre. 

;}

44 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Well, Power Metal and Speed Metal are two different things. Maybe we'll have to ease you into this "new" genre. 

;}

I suppose you probably do lol.

There's heavy.....power.....speed....all gets a bit confusing!

I just know I was never much of a fan of any of the bands that were mentioned in the article.  I did like a few Iron Maiden tunes back in the day but not many.

I just need things like melody, big choruses, etc.  Not sure if we'll find those things much in this or not.

Erik definitely has one of the best voices in music IMO though and seems like this could be a good match for him.  Will be interesting to hear it.

51 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I suppose you probably do lol.

There's heavy.....power.....speed....all gets a bit confusing!

I just know I was never much of a fan of any of the bands that were mentioned in the article.  I did like a few Iron Maiden tunes back in the day but not many.

I just need things like melody, big choruses, etc.  Not sure if we'll find those things much in this or not.

Erik definitely has one of the best voices in music IMO though and seems like this could be a good match for him.  Will be interesting to hear it.

Would be very surprised if this Speed Metal, I think we are mainly looking at Heavy/Power Metal. Jona mentioned nods towards to modern elements also.

Im a fan of various metal genres and I would say there are many bands who deliver melody and hooks etc. Bands such as Helloween, Dark Element, Pagans Mind and Dynazty (to name a very small few) have melody in spades. I love the heavier side of things so when there are huge melodic choruses throw in, it really hits the spot. 

Erik’s voice will fit the project like a glove. I’m sure you’ll enjoy certain songs even if the album isn’t your usual bag. I’m not sure Erik and Jona could possibly disappoint ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stefan said:

Maybe ADV is involved :lol:

From Frontiers:

Didn't realize it the first time I watched this video on low volume at but when you crank it a bit and listen, can hear what's likely the first single faintly in the background.

Edited by tts42572

• 3 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony
3 hours ago, Glen said:

heard a clip of the first single and I might be retracting that comment ;)

You utter waste. 

;}

• Haha 1

Hmmm...It's okay.  I dig Erik's vocals and overall the music sounds good.  It definitely rocks.  

Not sure I care much for whatever is going on with the chorus though with the group chorus thing or whatever.   I think something different there might've made me dig it more.

Erik sounds great though and this could grow on me some.  That said, still much prefer what he was doing in H.E.A.T to this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Hmmm...It's okay.  I dig Erik's vocals and overall the music sounds good.  It definitely rocks.  

Not sure I care much for whatever is going on with the chorus though with the group chorus thing or whatever.   I think something different there might've made me dig it more.

Erik sounds great though and this could grow on me some.  That said, still much prefer what he was doing in H.E.A.T to this.

That HammerFall-ish gang vocal chant thing in the chorus seems a bit out of place to me. Otherwise, sounds decent enough.

• Like 1

• My Little Pony

Yeah, def HammerFall vibes in the chorus. And, yeah, they kinda seemed outta place. I don't necessarily love the song. It was okay. Hopefully there are better tracks on the album, otherwise, to quote Gleonard, "Utter waste."

;}

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Glen said:

Am I the only one who hears Flashdance in the chorus 🤔 🤣🤣🤣

It is definitely flashdance. I can't unhear it now.

Edited by auslander
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Am I the only one who hears Flashdance in the chorus 🤔 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, auslander said:

It is definitely flashdance. I can't unhear it now.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

oops, sorry 😉

Definitely :lol: