Lionville - So Close To Heaven

Stefan

Nice..a great  band over their 4 albums and now their is no Work Of Art doing this type of stuff, something to look forward to.

• 1 month later...

LIONVILLE-so-close-to-heaven-COVER.jpg

New video for 'Cross My Heart'.

Niiice!

From Frontiers:

Tracklist:

1. This Time

2. Cross My Heart

3. The World Is On Fire

4. Can't Live Without Your Love

5. True Believer

6. We Are One

7. Only The Brave

8. Angel Without Wings

9. I'll Be Waiting Tonight

10. Arrow Through My Heart

11. So Close To Heaven

LINE-UP:

Stefano Lionetti - Guitars, Backing vocals, Keyboards

Lars Säfsund - Lead & Backing vocals

Michele Cusato - Guitars

Fabrizio Caria - Piano & Keyboards

Giulio Dagnino - Bass

Martino Malacrida - Drums

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 9:01 PM, Jez said:

Nice..a great  band over their 4 albums and now their is no Work Of Art doing this type of stuff, something to look forward to.

^^^^ this.

love the band 

It's not bad, definitely better than anything on their last album. Lars could sing the phone book and still sound great. The vocals and the solo are the high points in this one. I think Lars did his best and had the best chemistry with WOA, in the Lionville videos I just get the feeling he is more of a hired gun and maybe he feels like he does not fit well with the modern Lionville. Maybe it's an Italy-Sweden thing. Who knows. It's not a bad song at all, this one.

C.H.

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 10/26/2021 at 9:01 PM, Jez said:

Awesome band that can do no wrong in my book. And if you're missing WOA Jez there is always the Debut album from ModX - Pieces Of Modesty to look forward, and going by the first single a released a few weeks back it's going to be a goody.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It's a good song, kind of a Euro-Scandi typical groove on the low end though. I wish Lars was louder in the mix. It almost sounds like they had him limit his range somehow. It's a good song and I need to get used to the fact that Lionville is not WOA, but I still feel Lars has so much more power and potential with his voice, for some reason it's not quite all there on this one. I don't think it is his fault though, I am sure he sang the way the band wrote the song and wanted him to sing it. Looking forward to hearing the rest of this record, hope there are a few more rockers on it.

C.H.

1 hour ago, Captain Holly said:

It's a good song, kind of a Euro-Scandi typical groove on the low end though. I wish Lars was louder in the mix. It almost sounds like they had him limit his range somehow. It's a good song and I need to get used to the fact that Lionville is not WOA, but I still feel Lars has so much more power and potential with his voice, for some reason it's not quite all there on this one. I don't think it is his fault though, I am sure he sang the way the band wrote the song and wanted him to sing it. Looking forward to hearing the rest of this record, hope there are a few more rockers on it.

C.H.

I hope there's no more inspiro lyrics. God when will bands stop writing about never giving up. 🙏 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
17 hours ago, Glen said:

I hope there's no more inspiro lyrics. God when will bands stop writing about never giving up. 🙏 

Never! Because then they've given up. 

• 5 weeks later...

It's a good/great album, but doesn't better anything they have released thus far. As Glen mentions, production isn't their best either.