Girish & The Chronicles - Hail To The Heroes

Stefan

• My Little Pony

Hope they're able to craft some catchier tunes this time. That said, I should prolly revisit their first album to see if it's grown on me. 

I quite liked their debut album, but not as much as quite a few other people seemed to. Not top of my list, but will defo check out

New song 'Lovers' Train'.

From Frontiers:

Buzzworthy Indian hard rockers Girish & The Chronicles (GATC) have released a brand new single, 'Lovers' Train'. Stream or download the single HERE: https://orcd.co/loverstrain 'Lovers Train' serves as an appetizer for the bands forthcoming new studio album, which will be released in early 2022 via Frontiers Music Srl. Stay tuned for more details on that coming soon.

Girish says, "We are a hard rock/melodic rock/heavy metal band. We like making the kind of music that we grew up listening to, which revolves around the '80s. However, we do like including a song or two that may have a very different vibe. Could be in the form of a progressive song or maybe a riff that has a bit of "India" in it. All in all, we think of it as a roller coaster ride with the meanest in-your-face songs to beautiful ballads. We feel no matter how dedicated we are to the art, we still should not stop ourselves from exploring more, but without losing the essence of what we truly love."

GATC has released two acclaimed albums, their debut “Back on Earth” (Universal Music India) and the more recent 2020 release, “Rock The Highway” (Lions Pride Music).

Starting off in the city of Gangtok in Sikkim, India, and now based out of Bengaluru in Karnataka, GATC are known for their soaring, powerful vocals, biting guitars, thunderous bass, and pounding drums, staying true to the authentic ‘80s heavy metal/hard rock sound which they grew up with. Many rock outlets, listed GATC’s "Rock the Highway" on their list of top Top Rock/Metal Albums of 2020 and the group has gained a cult following with '80's and '90s hair metal and hard rock aficionados.

GATC is also well known in the Indian rock scene for electrifying live shows and have toured across the nation and beyond. The group has supported bands ranging in variety from American alt rockers Hoobastank to Finnish rockers Poets of the Fall to German thrashers Destruction. Additionally, the band has been part of various leading music festivals in India consistently. They also recently toured with/backed ex-Lamb of God drummer Chris Adler during his performances in India. Vocalist Girish Pradhan is also part of the international metal group, Firstborne, which is led by Chris Adler, James Lomenzo and Hugh B. Myrone. He has also toured the UK, France, Spain, Portugal and other territories with his other side projects in the past. In their 11 year existence, they have been credited by many fans for bringing the classic hard rock culture back in India and are an inspiration to many new and upcoming bands in the scene.

LINE-UP:

Girish Pradhan - Vocals / Rhythm Guitars

Yogesh Pradhan - Bass / Keys / Primary Music Producer

Suraj Tikhatri A.K.A Suraz Sun - Lead Guitars

Nagen Mongrati A.K.A Nagen Nags - Drums

www.facebook.com/girishandthechronicles

www.girishandthechronicles.com

• Like 1

Across between XYZ (on the mellower versus) and Skid Row.

7 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Across between XYZ (on the mellower versus) and Skid Row.

I was thinking the same, almost like Skid Row 1989 for the verses and then Slave to the Grind on the chorus! 😆

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Like that...not as much as the previous single...its on the heavier side and although he can definitely sing...he seems to scream a bit more on this track...still a great guitar sound though...will look forward to Hail To The Heroes  :)

First album missed the mark for me but if I recall correctly I was hoping they'd go around again as there was endless potential on it. These two new songs sound far more promising. Great tunes. 

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

First album missed the mark for me...

there was endless potential on it.

Yeah it starts off very good then tails off round midway...but the defs have potential and judging by the new tunes could fulfil it...fingers crossed

• 1 month later...

I hadn't paid any attention to these guys for whatever reason.  I think mostly I just didn't think I could dig a hard rock band from india.  Not trying to be offensive or anything....Just not really what I think of as a hotbed for hard rock/metal music.

Well, have been checking out the 3 singles form the upcoming album and have to say I'm digging them.  

I was checking some of the stuff from their first 2 albums.  Not finding a whole lot on the debut of interest.  Second album has a few songs sounding pretty good.  But these new songs all seem to have a bigger sound than they've had before.  

Will keep eyes on this.

Edited by tts42572

• 4 weeks later...

Gave this album a listen.

It's okay but I really only found 4 songs that will be added to my playlist....Love's Damnation, Clear The Blur, Lovers Train and Hail To The Heroes.  I really dig that title track....Just fantastic.   

These guys have a cool sound and the singer can belt it out.  But my problem is that he just screams a bit too much for my liking sometimes.  He's clearly a good singer as you can hear that in some of the songs.  I think the tunes I like best are when he sort of stays under control in the more melodic hard rock songs.  It's the screaming and the more metal tunes that lose me.

I'll keep eyes on these guys as IMO there's potential to do a really killer album if they sort of dial it back just a bit and stick to melodic hard rock for the entire album.

Here's a new video they released today....good tune...

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 1:28 PM, tts42572 said:

Gave this album a listen.

It's okay   

These guys have a cool sound and the singer can belt it out.  But my problem is that he just screams a bit too much for my liking sometimes.  He's clearly a good singer as you can hear that in some of the songs.  I think the tunes I like best are when he sort of stays under control in the more melodic hard rock songs.  It's the screaming and the more metal tunes that lose me.

Yeah the talent is clearly there..when they go full melodic its really good... they most know this though..the three singles releases thus far are the more commercial Melodic rock material and probably best three tracks on disc...but  they move away from it a lot...the singer is very good...when he sings..the screaming isnt my thing and I think he just oversings a lot...but its still a decent listen...but between this and the previous release I only get about 6 or 7 tunes that I dig....Guitarist sounds great btw

Edited by lettard
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lettard said:

Yeah the talent is clearly there..when they go full melodic its really good... they most know this though..the three singles releases thus far are the more commercial Melodic rock material and probably best three tracks on disc...but  they move away from it a lot...the singer is very good...when he sings..the screaming isnt my thing and I think he just oversings a lot...but its still a decent listen...but between this and the previous release I only get about 6 or 7 tunes that I dig....Guitarist sounds great btw

Agree.

I mean, I really dig rhe more melodic tunes like Hail to the Heroes, Loves Damnation, Lovers Train and Clear the Blur.  I kind of don't mind Primeval Desire even though that does get a bit screamy.  Children of the Night has grown on me a little bit. The two songs with "Rock n Roll" in the title are both instant skips for me, as is I'm Not the Devil.  Also don't care much for the Shamans of Time tune.

If these guys would done a whole album full of tunes more geared toward melodic hard rock like the 4 I mentioned, they really would've had an outstanding album.

Still pretty good though and a band worth watching to see what direction they head in.  

• Like 2