Revisit (A-Z) - Bonham "Mad Hatter"

auslander

Was it that a Led Zeppelinish sound wasn't what the public wanted at the time? Was it that they weren't pretty enough pretty boys, or just the wrong timing? Was it too long after their alright selling debut? I'm not really sure why Mad Hatter tanked in 1992. Check out this track which could have easily been placed on "Physical Graffiti" without raising any eyebrows. 

Maybe that was the issue. Maybe, on this album the really good tracks owed a bit too much to the mighty Led Zep. But, hey, the drummer's bloody dad was in the band so it's OK to sound like that surely! 

Another highlight was this epic:

Maybe now that it is finally OK to sound like a classic hard rock band (ahem GVF) it could be a time to revisit this good album released by Bonham in 1992. And those drums! They boom so loudly...

Edited by auslander
  • Like 1

Loved both of their albums,I was never a led zep fan but this hit the right vein for me...still listen to these quite regular,the debut is in car cd player for the last week or so as I type and picked up the SPV remasters a while ago...sound excellent

• Like 1

I did own both these albums but I don't actually remember them too well, to be honest. Didn't stay too long in my collection. I think I remember them being pretty decent, just not my thing.