Queensryche reunion with Tate rumors; Scott Rockenfield's lawsuit

AlphaMale

From Metal Sludge:

OPERATION LAWSUIT & RUMORS … Scott Rockenfield ex-Queensryche drummer sues Eddie Jackson and Michael Wilton, reunion with Tate considered, La Torre on Thin Ice?

Metal Sludge — In a brand new lawsuit, filed on Monday in a Snohomish County Court in the state of Washington, former Queensryche drummer Scott Rockenfield is suing his former band-mates and several related band companies.

The suit filed on October 11th 2021, in a Snohomish County Court has Rockenfield suing Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, both of their wives who are also named, in addition Queensryche Holdings, LLC and Tri-Ryche Cooperation, Inc. among other related companies.

An inside source close to the world that is Queensryche with direct knowledge of the latest happenings in addition to the lawsuit, has reached out to Metal Sludge directly.

Our source Eric, is a long time associate (pka Dude Random on social media) and says he is close with multiple persons in the various and related Queensryche camps has told Metal Sludge a mouthful.

http://metalsludge.tv/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Queensyrche_La_Torre_Oct_15_2021_1-1.jpgTodd La Torre is the current voice of Queensryche, but our source says he is on ‘thin ice’ as there was a possible reunion that had been considered by original members, to rejoin with Geoff Tate.

In short… Eric is claiming the following:

* That it appears there was a possible reunion (yes, even with Chris DeGarmo) in the works, but it’s now f#@ked up due to Scott Rockenfield filing the lawsuit against Michael Wilton and Eddie Jackson.

* What Scott Rockenfield is attempting is pretty f#@ked up states Eric noting parts of the lawsuit below:
Breach of contract
Shareholder oppression
Wrongful discharge
Breach of artists agreement
Violation of Washington personality rights act

* Scott Rockenfield is also claiming that Michael Wilton and Eddie Jackson fired him says our source.

* Eric also alleges management wants Todd La Torre out, and Chris DeGarmo was in on a potential reunion with Geoff Tate, until some of these recent happenings took place.

Eric has told Metal Sludge directly: “What I’ve seen and heard myself; there’s more to it than that. I will say this; for being such a little guy, Todd (La Torre) has caused a lot of problems.”

To see a screen capture of the actual lawsuit filed on October 11th 2021, see pages 1 & 2 of 49 below.

There is no official word from anyone in any of the related Queensryche camps as of this posting.

We’ll keep you posted as more develops… and remember, you read it here first at Metal Sludge!

Edited by AlphaMale
  • Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
40 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

From Blabbermouth:

OPERATION LAWSUIT & RUMORS … Scott Rockenfield ex-Queensryche drummer sues Eddie Jackson and Michael Wilton, reunion with Tate considered, La Torre on Thin Ice?

Metal Sludge — In a brand new lawsuit, filed on Monday in a Snohomish County Court in the state of Washington, former Queensryche drummer Scott Rockenfield is suing his former band-mates and several related band companies.

The suit filed on October 11th 2021, in a Snohomish County Court has Rockenfield suing Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, both of their wives who are also named, in addition Queensryche Holdings, LLC and Tri-Ryche Cooperation, Inc. among other related companies.

An inside source close to the world that is Queensryche with direct knowledge of the latest happenings in addition to the lawsuit, has reached out to Metal Sludge directly.

Our source Eric, is a long time associate (pka Dude Random on social media) and says he is close with multiple persons in the various and related Queensryche camps has told Metal Sludge a mouthful.

http://metalsludge.tv/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Queensyrche_La_Torre_Oct_15_2021_1-1.jpgTodd La Torre is the current voice of Queensryche, but our source says he is on ‘thin ice’ as there was a possible reunion that had been considered by original members, to rejoin with Geoff Tate.

In short… Eric is claiming the following:

* That it appears there was a possible reunion (yes, even with Chris DeGarmo) in the works, but it’s now f#@ked up due to Scott Rockenfield filing the lawsuit against Michael Wilton and Eddie Jackson.

* What Scott Rockenfield is attempting is pretty f#@ked up states Eric noting parts of the lawsuit below:
Breach of contract
Shareholder oppression
Wrongful discharge
Breach of artists agreement
Violation of Washington personality rights act

* Scott Rockenfield is also claiming that Michael Wilton and Eddie Jackson fired him says our source.

* Eric also alleges management wants Todd La Torre out, and Chris DeGarmo was in on a potential reunion with Geoff Tate, until some of these recent happenings took place.

Eric has told Metal Sludge directly: “What I’ve seen and heard myself; there’s more to it than that. I will say this; for being such a little guy, Todd (La Torre) has caused a lot of problems.”

To see a screen capture of the actual lawsuit filed on October 11th 2021, see pages 1 & 2 of 49 below.

There is no official word from anyone in any of the related Queensryche camps as of this posting.

We’ll keep you posted as more develops… and remember, you read it here first at Metal Sludge!

What an absolute Soap Opera these guys are.

• Haha 1

True. You have to pick a team though. I'm on team Tate. I would love a reunion. Was just listening to Empire again on tge weekend. Love that album. Many love early Ryche the best but I love Mindcrime to Promise Land era the best.

Initially I liked the newer albums but after a while they just don't have the replayability of ANY of the Tate-era albums, even the 2000s albums.

• Like 2

• My Little Pony

If Chris DeGarmo was considering a reunion, that would have been big. Geoff Tate, as much as I don't like the way his voice has aged, was undeniably part of the magic that once was Queensryche. If these fuckos could actually bury the hatchet, I would be hopeful for some new material. Unfortunately, Scott Rockenfield has decided the best place to bury said hatchet is in the backs of his bandmates. He's one of my all-time favourite drummers, but man is he ever a real fucktard. 

It's clear everyone needs to either stop doing drugs, or start taking their drugs again. Fuckin' hell!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, auslander said:

True. You have to pick a team though. I'm on team Tate. I would love a reunion. Was just listening to Empire again on tge weekend. Love that album. Many love early Ryche the best but I love Mindcrime to Promise Land era the best.

Initially I liked the newer albums but after a while they just don't have the replayability of ANY of the Tate-era albums, even the 2000s albums.

Yeah, many before and since, but that run of "Mindcrime", "Empire" and "Promised Land" was awesome.

• 1 year later...

Looks like the lawsuit is moving forward…

IMG_4767.jpeg

IMG_4768.jpeg