Forgotten Hard Rock Albums - Flame - "Flame" (1992)

AlphaMale

Another in my series of forgotten hard rock releases. Coming off their indie debut CD "Blaze", Flame were signed for a major label debut. The resulting self titled release was more polished and less raw but delivered some of my favorite tunes from 1992 in "Don't Look Down" (slightly different from the Blaze version), "Rain", and "If You Had A Heart" were are stellar, as was "Desperate Heart".

Overall, a pretty solid disc. It got absolutely no sales and I guess the flame went out.

Here are some pretty killer Flame tunes:

• Like 4

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yeah, I picked up the debut in a bargain bin as a pure blind purchase not long after it's release. 

"Don't Look Down" is a massive favorite of mine and one of the great killer tracks from that era.

Crap artwork? Yes, but it goes to show, "never judge a book...".

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 3

Two brilliant albums...picked the first up like many of you as a blind purchase and then Blaze from Zrecords...pity they didnt do anything after that...apart from the track "What She Don't Know" from Don't Tell Mom The Babysitters Dead ost...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Yeah, I picked up the debut in a bargain bin as a pure blind purchase not long after it's release. 

"Don't Look Down" is a massive favorite of mine and one of the great killer tracks from that era.

Crap artwork? Yes, but it goes to show, "never judge a book...".

Exactly the same situation for me also. Don't Look Down, If You Had A Heart are great Rockers and Desperate Heart is a great Ballad.

Edited by The Rocker
  • Like 1